• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is the much maligned F status report, which gives the latest markdowns on clearance items for a given store.

The best thing to do is highlight the items you want, then hand the list to a Staples manager and he will find the items for you.

see attached file

tysd

Member Summary

Staples
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Basically items that have a penny cost are on consignment with the vendor. So when the item is sold, their system genera... (more)

AniGrumpy (May. 22, 2013 @ 9:29p) |

Lots of great deals!

TomPtz (May. 31, 2013 @ 8:44a) |

I am looking forward to the next list. Been a month since this was posted.

flyboynm (Jun. 02, 2013 @ 12:00p) |

UPDATE: DO NOT PRINT THIS AND TAKE IT INTO THE STORE WITH YOU AND SHOW THEM! THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU, AND WILL TAKE THE REPORT FROM YOU! THESE REPORTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SECRET AND NOT AVAILABLE! AGAIN, DO NOT TAKE INTO THE STORE- WRITE DOWN THE SKU'S YOU WANT AND GIVE THAT TO THEM IF YOU CANNOT FIND THEM ON THE SHELF."

Staples Inventory Checker - http://checkinventory.site44.com/
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wouldn't say this is super secret, it is just the internal F status list. When I worked there I would pull these all the time and buy up gobs of junk for pennies on the dollar.

so, if you don't work there, you don't get one, so my thinking is it would be called confidential.

cbkcc100 said:   so, if you don't work there, you don't get one, so my thinking is it would be called confidential.

if you have ethics you don't belong on FW

EDIT: bring on the red, then go take advantage of the next price mistake, LOL hypocrites

#YOLO #SWAG

This is awesome. Thank you, OP!

Is it normal that none of the SKU in the pdf points to a product when searching on the Staples site?

From the original post on SD - "Here is a copy of last Months F Status Report. No I do not work for Staples so please do not ask me to run a current one. I will post this months next month, so I am able to get all the deals I need in my area before you guys ravage the rest.

The report is in PDF. This just reflects one stores inventory. Note the prices will probably be much lower now as it is a month old. I waited until today, as Thursday is when the prices go down even lower.

How to read the report: Open and turn it once counterclockwise- so you can view it. It is easiest to print it and read.

How to interpret: The "Unit Cost" is what Staples Paid for the item. The "Current Retail" is the price it is now, what you would pay..again, it probably will be lower. The rest of the fields are self explanatory, and not really relevant..

I posted a link to check inventory. You need to enter the "SKU" which is the number on the left side or the report. You need to manually add that in the URL where it says "PARTNUMBER" - so delete the name "PARTNUMBER" and add the "SKU" then refresh the page and if the item is still available it will show stock at stores in your area after you enter your zip etc.

http://www.staples.com/office/sup...PARTNUMBER

Have fun, and BE NICE! Stop berating these poor Store Mangers. If you cannot play nice, I will not do this again. Kill them with kindness. If a store manager goes out of there way and gets 5 of the Melamine tables out of the back, that are $7 each.. and helps you lift each 50lb table in your car, then go to Chili's and get them a $20 gift card or something... Be nice... and in turn they will want to work with you again.

Update prices on this post, and this is just one store... so there are lots of other goodies out there that are really cheap. A lot of furniture that was $400 are now in the $10-$30 range.. Go get em!

UPDATE: DO NOT PRINT THIS AND TAKE IT INTO THE STORE WITH YOU AND SHOW THEM! THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU, AND WILL TAKE THE REPORT FROM YOU! THESE REPORTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SECRET AND NOT AVAILABLE! AGAIN, DO NOT TAKE INTO THE STORE- WRITE DOWN THE SKU'S YOU WANT AND GIVE THAT TO THEM IF YOU CANNOT FIND THEM ON THE SHELF."

Don't think it is that valuable as this is a BIG YMMV for your own store.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   

The best thing to do is highlight the items you want, then hand the list to a Staples manager and he will find the items for you.

see attached file

tysd

I guarantee some stupid FW'er will do this and come back asking why he was thrown out of the store? lol!

BankofGreed said:   STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   

see attached file

tysd

I guarantee some stupid FW'er will do this and come back asking why he was thrown out of the store? lol!

there are far more stupid SD'ers than stupid FW'ers.
Odds are its already happened to a stupid SD'er.

anyone know how to extract the SKUs from the pdf, so can do inventory links (atleast for the GPS/ printers...)_

what the heck, that list is already a month old!
At least original on SD mentioned that. Weenie reposter couldn't bother to point that out, along with other details.

LiquidSilver said:   From the original post on SD - "Here is a copy of last Months F Status Report. No I do not work for Staples so please do not ask me to run a current one. I will post this months next month, so I am able to get all the deals I need in my area before you guys ravage the rest.

The report is in PDF. This just reflects one stores inventory. Note the prices will probably be much lower now as it is a month old. I waited until today, as Thursday is when the prices go down even lower.

How to read the report: Open and turn it once counterclockwise- so you can view it. It is easiest to print it and read.

How to interpret: The "Unit Cost" is what Staples Paid for the item. The "Current Retail" is the price it is now, what you would pay..again, it probably will be lower. The rest of the fields are self explanatory, and not really relevant..

I posted a link to check inventory. You need to enter the "SKU" which is the number on the left side or the report. You need to manually add that in the URL where it says "PARTNUMBER" - so delete the name "PARTNUMBER" and add the "SKU" then refresh the page and if the item is still available it will show stock at stores in your area after you enter your zip etc.

http://www.staples.com/office/sup...PARTNUMBER

Have fun, and BE NICE! Stop berating these poor Store Mangers. If you cannot play nice, I will not do this again. Kill them with kindness. If a store manager goes out of there way and gets 5 of the Melamine tables out of the back, that are $7 each.. and helps you lift each 50lb table in your car, then go to Chili's and get them a $20 gift card or something... Be nice... and in turn they will want to work with you again.

Update prices on this post, and this is just one store... so there are lots of other goodies out there that are really cheap. A lot of furniture that was $400 are now in the $10-$30 range.. Go get em!

Anyone having sucess with this inventory checker? Even when I replace with a 'valid' sku, I get to a generic Staple's page (not a "Cant find Item" page, just Staple's Home page, or the like)

vickh said:   anyone know how to extract the SKUs from the pdf, so can do inventory links (atleast for the GPS/ printers...)_

Look and type....

The PDF is an image in this case so you will not be able to extract.

Seems like a full time job just looking through the list.

When I was hunting for the clearance storage tubs a few weeks ago, I gave SKU to SA and they checked stores within driving area for me.
Two stores were supposed to have it. First one had one of the two and it was in their "damages" because it was cracked.
The second store knew their inventory said they had 4 but had no idea where they were.
Bottom line is that the online checker doesn't work and the instore one can give you a clue but you still don't know until you get there.
Having said that, I'm headed to my closest store to see if I can find the Pumpkin Spice k-cups, a favorite of one of my co-workers as well as a few other things from the list.
Many of the things on the list have been posted in our Staples Clearance thread for a while, ie the white boards and WordPerfect. Only difference is that price has dropped further. As for MS, her stuff has been in clearance area for months.

The inventory checker tells me I need a login.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   The best thing to do is highlight the items you want, then hand the list to a Staples manager and he will find the items for you.

I followed your instructions, however my store did not have any of the items I highlighted. Did I do something wrong? Is the store lying to me?

sseiyah said:   STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   The best thing to do is highlight the items you want, then hand the list to a Staples manager and he will find the items for you.

I followed your instructions, however my store did not have any of the items I highlighted. Did I do something wrong? Is the store lying to me?

There goes the theory of SD having more idiots than FW.

Is this for any store???

Not only confidential, but pretty much stolen. Still, I'll take advantage of deals where I can get them *LOL*

my4mainecoons said:   When I was hunting for the clearance storage tubs a few weeks ago, I gave SKU to SA and they checked stores within driving area for me.
Two stores were supposed to have it. First one had one of the two and it was in their "damages" because it was cracked.
The second store knew their inventory said they had 4 but had no idea where they were.
Bottom line is that the online checker doesn't work and the instore one can give you a clue but you still don't know until you get there.
Having said that, I'm headed to my closest store to see if I can find the Pumpkin Spice k-cups, a favorite of one of my co-workers as well as a few other things from the list.
Many of the things on the list have been posted in our Staples Clearance thread for a while, ie the white boards and WordPerfect. Only difference is that price has dropped further. As for MS, her stuff has been in clearance area for months.

Check the expiration date before purchasing!

SafetyDance said:   Check the expiration date before purchasing!I recall reading that they're good for many months past the date on the box.

Same list, but rotated and OCR'ed for sanity's sake. Ctrl+F should now work for searching the PDF.

billrubin said:   SafetyDance said:   Check the expiration date before purchasing!I recall reading that they're good for many months past the date on the box.

They can't put anything on the internet that's not true!

billrubin said:   SafetyDance said:   Check the expiration date before purchasing!I recall reading that they're good for many months past the date on the box.the coffee won't go bad, but any added creams or flavors might, even if they're dehydrated.

Perhaps I am a moron, but I can't get the link to check inventory to work either? When you click on it it redirects. Otherwise I get an error page.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

The profit margins are interesting...many items show a 1 cent unit cost (microSD cards, 5-hour energy, etc). That can't be right?

My guess would be the 1 cent cost is a change by corporate that has something to do with clearancing the item out and no longer carrying it. Anything that has a "cost" of 1 cent can be sold at whatever price per the managers discretion?

I would be curious if any Staples employees know.

negative ghost rider...no dice on the inventory checker.

toenailsmasher said:   My guess would be the 1 cent cost is a change by corporate that has something to do with clearancing the item out and no longer carrying it. Anything that has a "cost" of 1 cent can be sold at whatever price per the managers discretion?

I would be curious if any Staples employees know.

NOPE 1 cent items in Staples inventory system are vendor stocked items (ie in terms of inventory reporting Staples has no asset interest those items) About 40% of items in Staples B&Ms these days are vendor stocked vs Staples owned. It is no different than the way inventory at your local grocery store works. Staples basically leases a portion of their B&M shelf space or POP presence space to vendors who are then responsible for maintaining their own inventory in that space. When a vendor placed product at Staples does not meet sales expectations the vendor has the option of pulling their product, reducng the prodcut price or donating the remaing product to charity.

Highlights added. Makes it a little easier to read.

BloodyInsane said:   Same list, but rotated and OCR'ed for sanity's sake. Ctrl+F should now work for searching the PDF.

Thank you Good Samaritan!

BloodyInsane said:   Same list, but rotated and OCR'ed for sanity's sake. Ctrl+F should now work for searching the PDF.

You doing something this kind is the main reason this forum is great.
Green.
And thank you.

SafetyDance said:   vickh said:   anyone know how to extract the SKUs from the pdf, so can do inventory links (atleast for the GPS/ printers...)_

Look and type....

The PDF is an image in this case so you will not be able to extract.

see OCR'd post above.

I deplore the use of any secret list held by a company like Staples to be released by any internet sites. My advice is to ignore and not read the list.

Hey..what time does Staples open at on Saturday?

heyeaglefn said:   Don't think it is that valuable as this is a BIG YMMV for your own store.
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think a price needs to end in a zero if you want to be sure all Stapl3s stores are selling at that specific clearance price. (I see $X.50 clearance prices the most often, but $X.00 and $X.90 prices come up too.) If a price does not end in a zero, then that price is not valid nation wide, only at that specific store.

I believe it's better to represent these numbers as $X.50, $X.00, $X.90 and so on.

Skipping 15 Messages...
I am looking forward to the next list. Been a month since this was posted.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014