• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was looking for a MiniITX motherboard after purchasing the Lian Li PC-Q07B case a couple weeks ago here.

This is the best deal I could find. From a brief review, this Celeron is better than Intel Atom and AMD E processors due to supporting more ram and having better driver support.

The $20 rebate ends 4/30.

Gigabyte Motherboard at Newegg Item #N82E16813128585

$79.99 - $20.00 manufacturer mail in rebate = $59.99 with free shipping

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Gigabyte GA-C847N-D Mini ITX
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Did you use 32-bit with over 3GB of ram or did you not make a floppy for the F6 promp for SATA drivers ?

SithMaster (May. 06, 2013 @ 5:32p) |

That would be my problem...trying to install 32bit with 8GB of ram. I forgot to change the mode in the bios to IDE inst... (more)

delfat (May. 06, 2013 @ 9:42p) |

No issue with AHCI in XP as long as you made the disk and hit the F6 during setup but personally I set these itx boards ... (more)

SithMaster (May. 06, 2013 @ 10:28p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how good is the integrated graphics?

it seems the processor is soldered on the MB, no in a socket.

macroman said:   how good is the integrated graphics?

It's a Sandy Bridge HD2000 based graphics at 350800MHz. It will do basic stuff, good video, maybe even play League of Legends not much more.

In case it matters, no USB 3.0

That (non-socketed CPU) is common for mini-ITX systems. Pretty much the same innards as a laptop, even using SO-DIMMs in many designs.

I'm waiting to see what is offered in Haswell mini-ITX stuff in after the June launch. Because it will be the BGA models, it should be possible to get the GT3e GPU in a mini-ITX package. If the price is right it should make for a very good low power system.

Used to get burned by Gigabyte motherboard a few years back. Many capacitors exploded after a year.

Appears to be in the Refurbished category @ the Egg...

I spotted the same pricing at Amazon.com. 79.99-20MIR = 59.99

Amaz0n

garycook said:   Used to get burned by Gigabyte motherboard a few years back. Many capacitors exploded after a year.

That was a problem throughout the industry. Scarcely any brand came through without a bad batch of capacitors.

Dual NICs - you wont see that on any motherboard this price! Perfect firewall appliance

Very tempted to build a mini-ITX rig now just to mess around with.

what to do with dual NIC mobo BESIDES build a router/gateway?

UAIron said:   Dual NICs - you wont see that on any motherboard this price! Perfect firewall appliance

For anyone interested - here is firewall software

This is very tempting. I have an old Intel Atom board without HDMI, so it's not useful as a media center motherboard (no PCI-E slot). Actually, I gather that this board, while a lot faster than the Atom, will draw even less power. My last Sandy Bridge build idles at about 20 watts but my Atom board-based system uses almost 30 watts at idle. This board should draw less.

The deal killer might be the lack of a PCI-E slot (to add USB 3.0). This must be a pure marketing decision; who really needs a PCI slot anymore? (Then again, who needs a serial port these days?). Perhaps this board is aimed at replacing very old systems that might have a PCI card and need a serial port - industrial controls etc. But it would also make an excellent server.

garycook said:   Used to get burned by Gigabyte motherboard a few years back. Many capacitors exploded after a year.This particular Gigabyte mobo is made only with the kind of capacitors that tend not to explode or decay -- solid polymer, rather than wet electrolytic.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/celeron-847.html

Nice of xbitlabs to review the 847 this week.

DrummerJoe said:   UAIron said:   Dual NICs - you wont see that on any motherboard this price! Perfect firewall appliance

For anyone interested - here is firewall software

Not to start a lengthy discussion about personal preferences on a firewall package but here is my favorite although only their beta version has the drivers to support the NIC's

Does anyone know the wattage it draws at idle? NV, reviewer stated 20-25watts at idle using picopsu...

Darn if I didn't already purchase a D2500CC motherboard, I would be all over this deal esp. given it support VT (allows for KVM's)

Schmide said:   http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/celeron-847.html

Nice of xbitlabs to review the 847 this week.

Thank you for sharing the review.

delfat said:   I was looking for a MiniITX motherboard after purchasing the Lian Li PC-Q07B case a couple weeks ago here.

This is the best deal I could find. From a brief review, this Celeron is better than Intel Atom and AMD E processors due to supporting more ram and having better driver support.

The $20 rebate ends 4/30.

Gigabyte Motherboard at Newegg Item #N82E16813128585

$79.99 - $20.00 manufacturer mail in rebate = $59.99 with free shipping

My AMD E-350 supports the same 16GB of ram...

Amazon got a new rebate out for 5/1-5/31, same price, same rebate. Only valid on Amazon.

Newegg now has a new rebate, expires 5/31. Can a mod move this out of expired deals back into hot deals?

I am about to load Win Server 2012 64-bit on mine. WinXP was giving blue screens during install right after it copied windows: the part when it said "Starting Windows..." before choosing the partition.

VirtuaL, thanks for updating the thread.

delfat said:   I am about to load Win Server 2012 64-bit on mine. WinXP was giving blue screens during install right after it copied windows: the part when it said "Starting Windows..." before choosing the partition.

Did you use 32-bit with over 3GB of ram or did you not make a floppy for the F6 promp for SATA drivers ?

SithMaster said:   delfat said:   I am about to load Win Server 2012 64-bit on mine. WinXP was giving blue screens during install right after it copied windows: the part when it said "Starting Windows..." before choosing the partition.

That would be my problem...trying to install 32bit with 8GB of ram. I forgot to change the mode in the bios to IDE instead of ACHI. Thank you for your suggestions, definitely the root of my problem. Not that I am complaining as I have Win Server 2012 on here now.

delfat said:   SithMaster said:   delfat said:   I am about to load Win Server 2012 64-bit on mine. WinXP was giving blue screens during install right after it copied windows: the part when it said "Starting Windows..." before choosing the partition.

That would be my problem...trying to install 32bit with 8GB of ram. I forgot to change the mode in the bios to IDE instead of ACHI. Thank you for your suggestions, definitely the root of my problem. Not that I am complaining as I have Win Server 2012 on here now.

No issue with AHCI in XP as long as you made the disk and hit the F6 during setup but personally I set these itx boards up with Win7 as HTPC's...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014