Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Ultralight Backpacking Canister Camp Stove with Piezo Ignition
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Assuming this is the same stove that DealExtreme sells (it certainly looks as though it could be) it is a pretty neat little butane stove. I ordered one for myself, gave it to an outdoorsy friend, ordered several more, and gave those away, too.. I probably should order myself another one..

thx op

I use this exact stove. I was skeptical at first as I always used a Whisperjet. I will never use my Whisperjet again. This thing works perfectly, the flame is adjustable, and it has a pizo start. I bought one butane can of fuel about a year ago and have used it to cook probably 10-12 times and probably have a quarter of the tank left. Keep in mind we're talking trail meals so maybe 15 minutes burn time max each time. The only problem I have is you really can't tell how much fuel you have left. With a white gas stove you always know.

Bought 3, thanks OP

Thanks for the reviews. I'll give it a shot. Thx OP

Add this if you want to use cheap butane cans with this stove.
http://www.amazon.com/Como-Three-leg-Transfer-Adaptor-Screwgate/...
About $6 shipped.

peste386 said:   Add this if you want to use cheap butane cans with this stove.
About $6 shipped.

Cans of good quality clean butane are only roughly 7 bucks at Wally Mart. I personally wouldn't mess with a system that burns highly combustible gas. Plus the Coleman canisters have a nice wide base to help stabilize your stove from tipping over under the weight of your cooking pot or pan. I'd stick with what it's made for.

I'm guessing you can't use the small propane canisters for a camp stove with these.

thirddowndraw said:   I'm guessing you can't use the small propane canisters for a camp stove with these.

Propane has a different size adapter on purpose so you can't use them.

thirddowndraw said:   I'm guessing you can't use the small propane canisters for a camp stove with these.

No. These work great though.

bought it a year ago and paid twice as much. a great stove

VirginiaDC said:   peste386 said:   Add this if you want to use cheap butane cans with this stove.
About $6 shipped.

Cans of good quality clean butane are only roughly 7 bucks at Wally Mart. I personally wouldn't mess with a system that burns highly combustible gas. Plus the Coleman canisters have a nice wide base to help stabilize your stove from tipping over under the weight of your cooking pot or pan. I'd stick with what it's made for.
REI has competitively priced cans of fuel. I like MSR

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014