• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nokia Lumia 900 16GB Unlocked Cell Phone - white or Cyan.

Woot

Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 900 16GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Nokia Lumia 900 16GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
white or light blue
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

At this point with the new Lumia going to be released in probably Sept. I would expect to see this type of deal on the 920's soon so I would wait. Still a good phone I just feel it's a good deal.

breinig said:   At this point with the new Lumia going to be released in probably Sept. I would expect to see this type of deal on the 920's soon so I would wait. Still a good phone I just feel it's a good deal. Of course, and when the deal becomes active on the 920s, we can continue to expect the same on the 930s while holding the purchase of the 920s, and then looking forward to the debut of 940s while holding the purchase of 930s, so on and so forth...

WebNomad said:   breinig said:   At this point with the new Lumia going to be released in probably Sept. I would expect to see this type of deal on the 920's soon so I would wait. Still a good phone I just feel it's a good deal. Of course, and when the deal becomes active on the 920s, we can continue to expect the same on the 930s while holding the purchase of the 920s, and then looking forward to the debut of 940s while holding the purchase of 930s, so on and so forth... Sure, but there's a big difference between the 920 and the 900 in that one is WP8 and the other is WP7.8 (not upgradeable to WP8). Presumably there won't be as drastic of a change in OS for a little while.

Yuyak said:   WebNomad said:   breinig said:   At this point with the new Lumia going to be released in probably Sept. I would expect to see this type of deal on the 920's soon so I would wait. Still a good phone I just feel it's a good deal. Of course, and when the deal becomes active on the 920s, we can continue to expect the same on the 930s while holding the purchase of the 920s, and then looking forward to the debut of 940s while holding the purchase of 930s, so on and so forth... Sure, but there's a big difference between the 920 and the 900 in that one is WP8 and the other is WP7.8 (not upgradeable to WP8). Presumably there won't be as drastic of a change in OS for a little while.

The difference b/w WP7.8 and WP8 was way overblown. Not that big of a deal... good phone.. good price... pull the trigger if you in need of a solid phone. Went to android after WP... no comparison... looking to switch back to WP.

syi916 said:    WP7.8 and WP8 was way overblown. Not that big of a deal... good phone.. good price... pull the trigger if you in need of a solid phone. Went to android after WP... no comparison... looking to switch back to WP.
It depends on how you want to use the phone. If you care about apps, even the new Nokia apps support only WP8. For example the new version of Nokia Drive. Also most new apps only support WP8. I have a Lumia 710 at home and I feel the apps are very lacking in comparison to Google Play let alone iTune. For example, popular browser selections, games, even Starbucks app(the one that gave me free $5) are not available on the WP platform at all. With WP8 Microsoft is really pushing for apps but most won't support WP7.
So if you like the WP platform you may want to go with WP8. I hope Microsoft won't make dramatic changes like this in WP9 again.

syi916 said:   Yuyak said:   WebNomad said:   breinig said:   At this point with the new Lumia going to be released in probably Sept. I would expect to see this type of deal on the 920's soon so I would wait. Still a good phone I just feel it's a good deal. Of course, and when the deal becomes active on the 920s, we can continue to expect the same on the 930s while holding the purchase of the 920s, and then looking forward to the debut of 940s while holding the purchase of 930s, so on and so forth... Sure, but there's a big difference between the 920 and the 900 in that one is WP8 and the other is WP7.8 (not upgradeable to WP8). Presumably there won't be as drastic of a change in OS for a little while.

The difference b/w WP7.8 and WP8 was way overblown. Not that big of a deal... good phone.. good price... pull the trigger if you in need of a solid phone. Went to android after WP... no comparison... looking to switch back to WP.
Don't get me wrong, I agree this is a great phone and WP7.8 is a great OS. I have and love my Lumia 800 (chose it over the 900 because I liked the form factor better). That said, there are definitely differences between 7.8 and 8, and there are differences between 7.8 compatible devices and 8 compatible devices. Right now, most apps that work on wp8 also works on wp7.8, but not all and the number of wp8 exclusive apps are growing every day. There are still so many 7.8 devices in the wild that most developers will continue making apps for it, but looking to the future, that number will only shrink. Also, even if apps are created for both, so far most of them are released to Win8 first, then WP7.8 gets it a month or two later. My biggest reason for wanting a WP8 device like the Lumia 920 is that it has NFC built-in; no Wp7.8 device will have that since the OS never supported it and never will.

If you're looking at a cheap windows phone, I would be more likely to consider the Lumia 521, just launched for Tmobile for $150 (no contract). Hardware wise it's not as nice as the 900, but it's WP8 and it's cheap! I'm partial to Nokia, but there's been a few great deals on unlocked HTC 8X floating around too.

Nokia Lumia 900 16 GB Unlocked available at woot again for $ 199 + Shipping

Woot Nokia Lumia 900

Avaliable today at 1 Sale a day for same price

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014