• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

droid X
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yo! DROIDX 3G-not available 4g. DROIDX2 is 4g

JUMPMARK (Apr. 30, 2013 @ 4:05a) |

....cant hate on the DX tho. I use it as an xtra device strictly wifi...super handy, mad durable. Ive dropped this phone... (more)

JUMPMARK (Apr. 30, 2013 @ 4:11a) |

Just replaced mine. Anyone wants it for spare parts just pick up the shipping cost. Battery is starting to swell, will... (more)

CptSavAHo (Apr. 30, 2013 @ 9:03a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hit the link "14 new" for all the purchase options $118 and free ship applewireless

keep in mind, is cdma, not gsm

Love my X had it since the day they were released. Rooted and running VXL ROM.
This has got to be a refurb. Cheaper on eBay. Picked one up (refurb) for the teenager in the house a few months back for $70. Reviews are all over the place on Amazon. Better deals elsewhere.

Bought one used locally over a year ago for $50, in flawless condition. $118 for this, truly new, would probably be a good buy but refurbished or anything else I'd just go on Craigslist or eBay.

LOTL said:   Love my X had it since the day they were released. Rooted and running VXL ROM.
This has got to be a refurb. Cheaper on eBay. Picked one up (refurb) for the teenager in the house a few months back for $70. Reviews are all over the place on Amazon. Better deals elsewhere.


Why do you say it has got to be refurb? Is it just because the price is too good to be new? Amazon has refurb ones listed starting at $70. The seller seems to have good ratings.

I'm tempted by this or the X2 from the same seller for $148 - I know that I can get a nice used one cheaper on Craigslist, but if this is really new, I'd prefer to spend a little more for truly new and avoid the potential of buying a stolen or previously damaged phone. Anyone know if a manufacturers warranty applies when purchased through a third party like this on Amazon?

pdxman1 said:   
Why do you say it has got to be refurb? Is it just because the price is too good to be new? Amazon has refurb ones listed starting at $70. The seller seems to have good ratings.

I'm tempted by this or the X2 from the same seller for $148 - I know that I can get a nice used one cheaper on Craigslist, but if this is really new, I'd prefer to spend a little more for truly new and avoid the potential of buying a stolen or previously damaged phone. Anyone know if a manufacturers warranty applies when purchased through a third party like this on Amazon?

I say it because the phone is almost 3 years old and is no longer manufactured. No where in the item description doe sit say New or Refurb. Id ask the seller what it is and if he doesnt give you a straight answer, then id be willing to bet dollars to donuts its a refurb.
Sorry to sound all negative about this, but i highly doubt the manufacturers warranty is applicable.

LOTL said:   
I say it because the phone is almost 3 years old and is no longer manufactured. No where in the item description doe sit say New or Refurb. Id ask the seller what it is and if he doesnt give you a straight answer, then id be willing to bet dollars to donuts its a refurb.
Sorry to sound all negative about this, but i highly doubt the manufacturers warranty is applicable.


It is listed as in new condition on Amazon (they have new, used and refurbished catagories) and it does say brand new in the condition description. The fact that the phone is so old does make me wonder, but I bought a Droid 2 Global new when it was at about the same point in its product lifecycle, so it is possible that the manufacturer is unloading inventory that has been sitting on a shelf somewhere. It looks like a bunch of sellers on Amazon and eBay are selling what they claim to be new ones at about this price point. I did ask the seller, so I'll see what they say and report back here.

I'm tempted, as I said earlier, but also cautious. It is older technology, but should be good to use for a few years on Page Plus, I think. I'd prefer something that would run ICS well, but I don't want to mess with flashing a 4G phone to run on Page Plus, so my options are limited.

pdxman1 said:   It is listed as in new condition on Amazon (they have new, used and refurbished catagories) and it does say brand new in the condition description. And as we all know, Amazon NEVER makes an error in it's listing....

aarzi said:   pdxman1 said:   It is listed as in new condition on Amazon (they have new, used and refurbished catagories) and it does say brand new in the condition description. And as we all know, Amazon NEVER makes an error in it's listing....

I know, I was just replying to LOTL who said "No where in the item description doe sit say New or Refurb." It does say that it is new, the question is : is it really new? I've asked the seller, I'll report back when (if) I get an answer. It won't kill me if I lose out by waiting - I think it would be a good deal if truly new, but its not like its an unbelievably hot deal.

Sell Us Your Item
For up to a $1.25 Gift Card
Trade in
LMFAO

Might as well get a Droid X2. Dual Core & 26% higher resolution.

Is this phone new ?

bagrizzly2 said:   Is this phone new ?

I asked the seller applewireless the following:
"Is this phone a manufacturer refurb or is it truly new? Is it covered by the manufacturer warranty? Thanks."
And got the following reponse:
"Warranty with seller."

I wasn't really expecting a yes to the manufacturers warranty question, but they didn't even answer the question about new or refurb, so I won't be getting one from that seller.

I've had a droid x for 3 years. I can't imagine there are new ones floating around. I can't wait to get rid of it, but if I upgrade with Verizon I'll have to get a "new plan" which would cancel out my unlimited data plan I'm grandfathered into. To be fair, I don't know what's sucky about the phone itself, vs the service I get from Verizon.

according to the sellers listing on Amazon, it's new


bagrizzly2 said:   Is this phone new ?

I too echo the sentiment that these are not new.

75% android phones are still on ICS or lower versions. I am definitely in for a couple of these.

From one of the reviews;
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Motorola DROID X Android Verizon Cell Phone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
THIS SELLER IS SUCKS,WHEN I WENT ON Amazon.COM TO SHOP FOR A PHONE I FOUND THEM, THEY SAID FOR A BRAND NEW PHONE THIS WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY AND FOR A USED PHONE A DIFFERENT PRICE.I CHOOSE TO GET A NEW ONE,WHEN I RECEIVED THIS PHONE IT WAS A REFURBISH PHONE, NO BOOK, NO ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES LIKE THE CHARGER, THE PHONE DIDNT COME IN THE MANUFACTURE BOX.
THE WORSE AFTER 3 WEEKS I SEEN 3 DOTS ON THE SCREEN AND TWO LINES THAT BLOCK ME UNABLE TO TEXT OR SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN.I CALLED Amazon TO HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, THEY REJECTED MY CLAIM FOR WAIT TOO LONG .I TOLD THEM I DONT NEED THE MONEY ,I JUST NEED A GOOD WORKING PHONE THEY STILL REFUSED.SUCKS ---SUCKS---SUCKS ------SHAME ON YOU ----SHAME ON YOU-----SHAME ON YOU
I DONT RECOMMEND THIS SELLER TO NO ONE

arribasn said:   From one of the reviews;
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Motorola DROID X Android Verizon Cell Phone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
THIS SELLER IS SUCKS,WHEN I WENT ON Amazon.COM TO SHOP FOR A PHONE I FOUND THEM, THEY SAID FOR A BRAND NEW PHONE THIS WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY AND FOR A USED PHONE A DIFFERENT PRICE.I CHOOSE TO GET A NEW ONE,WHEN I RECEIVED THIS PHONE IT WAS A REFURBISH PHONE, NO BOOK, NO ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES LIKE THE CHARGER, THE PHONE DIDNT COME IN THE MANUFACTURE BOX.
THE WORSE AFTER 3 WEEKS I SEEN 3 DOTS ON THE SCREEN AND TWO LINES THAT BLOCK ME UNABLE TO TEXT OR SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN.I CALLED Amazon TO HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, THEY REJECTED MY CLAIM FOR WAIT TOO LONG .I TOLD THEM I DONT NEED THE MONEY ,I JUST NEED A GOOD WORKING PHONE THEY STILL REFUSED.SUCKS ---SUCKS---SUCKS ------SHAME ON YOU ----SHAME ON YOU-----SHAME ON YOU
I DONT RECOMMEND THIS SELLER TO NO ONE


THANKS A LOT!

LOTL said:   Love my X had it since the day they were released. Rooted and running VXL ROM.
This has got to be a refurb. Cheaper on eBay. Picked one up (refurb) for the teenager in the house a few months back for $70. Reviews are all over the place on Amazon. Better deals elsewhere.


I love mine too, perfect for pageplus. I found mine on eBay used, perfect condition for $80 almost a year ago. This is a great phone when rooted/flashed.

Love my Droid X on Pageplus $12 plan. Got it over a year ago on craigs for $80 in excellent condition with nice case and charger. Dropped it a couple times recently and now I've got these dreaded horizontal black lines spreading across the screen.

This weekend I found a Droid X2 on Craigs, again in immaculate condition with case and charger for $65.

Will keep it as backup until the X becomes unusable.

DirtCheapDad said:   Bought one used locally over a year ago for $50, in flawless condition. $118 for this, truly new, would probably be a good buy but refurbished or anything else I'd just go on Craigslist or eBay.

Spot on. Used or refurbished this is a $50-80 phone, brand new this is a good deal on a fairly nice phone. I had one I bought used a while back and had to send it back because of GPS and WiFi issues, but otherwise loved it, and if I were still using Page Plus would probably be using one now.

If any one cares.. This phone is like oven on the face when used for more than 2 mins..

bestdealz said:   If any one cares.. This phone is like oven on the face when used for more than 2 mins..

true, it gets super hot. and in the sunlight I can't even see the screen. if anyone has advice on a better glare blocker I'd be very appreciative!

Yo! DROIDX 3G-not available 4g. DROIDX2 is 4g

....cant hate on the DX tho. I use it as an xtra device strictly wifi...super handy, mad durable. Ive dropped this phone over 8000 timez, still runnin. Rooted VXLR 2.2 rom overclocked to 1.3g.

Just replaced mine. Anyone wants it for spare parts just pick up the shipping cost. Battery is starting to swell, will eventually damage the screen if not replaced. First PM takes it.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014