• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
Was curious if anybody has ordered the alternate packs like the 6ea of 2-packs or the 4ea of 3-packs.

I usually only swap out the 1000's every 3 mos or so and would like to keep the filters as "sealed up" as possible while they're sitting in my closet.

Or are the 12 packs truly wrapped in plastic "individually" like when you buy them at HD??

TIA

Confused between FRP 7 and 9! Any recommendations..?

I received the back order notice, also, but I'm fine w/waiting.

A few additional points:

I happened to be in Home Depot 2 days ago when lo & behold, that store really only had HONEYWELL branded filters in stock; no Filtrete, no Flanders/Precisionaire, etc.

Maybe they really are no longer going to stock 3M or some other brands that they used to.

Also, a filter, regardless of brand, that has a FPR of 4 is going to likely have a MERV of 8; this is the case with the Flanders/Precisionaire FPR 4 filters I've been using according to Flanders own label, even though Home Depot is listing the Filtrete 600 with the FPR of 4 as a MERV 5. I think Home Depot has incorrect ratings and specs in some regards on their website descriptions.

Finally, the Filtrete that Home Depot is selling for $29.99 a case, described as the 'Household Dust' one and that also lists a 600 MPR rating that the $17.99 per case one does appears to be truly exclusive to Home Depot, as a similar filter with the same packaging and description is stocked on Amazon and at many other retailers lists a 300 MPR rating.

dontcare4myname said:   Confused between FRP 7 and 9! Any recommendations..?

I'm not an air quality scientist or mechanical engineer, but I'd be shocked if you realized a significant or even noticeable difference between the two in terms of filtering effectiveness, while the Red one (FPR 7) is proven to cause significantly less static pressure drop (a good thing) than the FPR 9.

I'm ordering the 14x30x1 FPR 7 for $59.82, 2 6pks, since those are the ones I normally use. I'm kind of afraid to go to the higher FPR, thinking my AC unit may have to work much harder, and it is getting up there in age, so I'll stick with what I've been using. Phenomenal deal; I recall paying over $13 for one filter previously (but not recently). Amazon currently has a 6pk for $79.27! In for 1, despite DH whining about storing them...

I ordered a case of 12 (Filtrete 20 in. x 25 in. x 1 in. Ultra Allergen Reduction Purple Pleated FPR 9 Air Filter) at 11PM on 5/10 and it was shipped via UPS fron North Carolina on 5/15 to be delivered tomorrow (5/17) afternoon.

3M Filtrete filters are overpriced garbage and can actually cause damage to your HVAC system. Believe it or not, but the filter on a furnace or air handler isn't there to clean the air. The filter is there to protect the equipment from any debris in the airstream. Moreover, hi MERV filters change the dynamics of the duct system and can reduce airflow, nevermind placing an increased load on the blower motor.

If you have environmental or health conditions that require purified air you're going to need to get a bypass HEPA system or a UV air purification system mounted on the ductwork. Sanuvox makes a combination HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) & UV system that actually works. Hand of god, a Sanuvox UV system kills anthrax.

A carton of a filters (12) should never really cost you more than ~$60. I work in an HVAC supply house and I actually feel bad charging people that much for a filter.

Knowing what I know, all of ya'll jumping for joy for shelling out damn near a hundred bucks for a product that you don't need and could wind up costing you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars and calling it a deal is one of the better laughs I've had in recent memory.

Calling this a deal, and being staff pick no less, is an insult to the memberships' intelligence.

The only thing funnier than shelling out $16 for a filter is shelling out $8/filter and considering it a deal.

Awesome deal! In for 2 sets. Thanks OP!!

Lovely.

I ordered a case (12) FPR 4 Filtretes sized 16" x 25" x 1" for $18, they arrived at Home Depot for instore pickup, and when I got home after picking them up, discovered that the box contains four FPR 10 20" x 25" x 4" filters instead.

A quick check on Amazon shows these sell for $105 per 4 pack (or approx $27 each):

Link To Filters I Actually Received

If you're picking up in store, check the box before leaving.

Maybe I'll return these, or maybe keep them for a ghetto Box Fan air cleaner.

JesseLivermore said:   If you're picking up in store, check the box before leaving.My order of a case of 12 (Filtrete 20 in. x 25 in. x 1 in. Ultra Allergen Reduction Purple Pleated FPR 9 Air Filter) arrived via UPS yesterday. The manufacturer's box had been opened and two of the 1500 rated filters had been replaced with 1250 rated filters. I'm waiting on an email from HD for a resolution.

RonR said:   JesseLivermore said:   If you're picking up in store, check the box before leaving.My order of a case of 12 (Filtrete 20 in. x 25 in. x 1 in. Ultra Allergen Reduction Purple Pleated FPR 9 Air Filter) arrived via UPS yesterday. The manufacturer's box had been opened and two of the 1500 rated filters had been replaced with 1250 rated filters. I'm waiting on an email from HD for a resolution.

Yep. Someone posting on another site regarding this deal reported the same thing (a mixed batch of filters shipped to his/her home).

There are others posting that these have shipped from a location in Virginia (I think it's Virginia), and then gone to 7 cities, east, west, north and south, before being routed or delivered to their homes.

Weird, wild and crazy stuff going on.

FWIW: The label on the box I received shows "Flanders Drive" as the factory address, so I'm pretty sure Flanders/PrecisionAire makes these for 3M or vice-versa.

A question to all you HVAC techs out there: I can easily remove the galvanized sheet metal before my existing 16" x 25" x 1" filter and put this 20" x 25" x 4" filter in there, and it will fit neatly BUT for a 5" of extra height of this filter that will either be exposed - I can rig up some kind of cover for that part of the filter, also, if it's absolutely necessary, too.

Should I do this if the specs on a 2.5 ton Bryant will allow for it given static pressure? I'm trying to find a quick and dirty answer prior to calling Bryant or the installer since neither is open today or tomorrow just out curiosity.

Edit: A little research just now appears to establish this can be done with a retrofit Aprilaire SpaceGard "Box" (which is just a plastic box, essentially), and that the 5" thick filter actually probably would cause LESS static pressure drop due to LESS resistance than most comparable MERV rated 1" filters. Interesting...

I ordered on 4/30 and sent an email inquiry on why it didn't ship yet on 5/7. Their reply was the standard policy of 7 business days processing. It assured me it would be sent out at latest the next day. I called in on 5/10 and spoke to a supervisor again asking about the delay. She assured me it shipped and that though my screen showed "routing" their screen was more up-to-date. I would get the email confirmation and tracking info. by Monday, 5/13. That same day, 1 hour after I spoke with the supervisor I get an email stating extended backorder, will ship by 6/3.... I called them yesterday and they indeed confirmed extended backordered. I asked to speak to the same supervisor and they said it couldn't be done....... All they could do was leave her an email to return my call. Needless to say I'm not pleased with this run around. I highly doubt she will return my call. If they told me it'd take a month to begin with, I might have picked one up at another store instead of waiting and getting either uninformed answers or worse, dishonest ones I hope they won't get my order wrong when shipped.... I may write to corporate about this.

On a "positive" note, when I did speak to the supervisor, she gave me a $30 gift card for my troubles. Honestly, I'd rather have the filters in a timely manner without the lies or, at best, misinformed employees.

Thanks for reading my rant...rather cathartic

I've had these filters in my shopping cart for a couple of days while I put together my list of all the items I needed. Tonight, I refreshed the shopping cart, saw the filters still at 50% off, but went back thru the fatwallet link to make sure my purchase would track. Fatwallet is now offering 5% Cash Back, which made me super happy. When I went to finalize my order and pay, the filters came up at regular price. It was now after midnight, and the system did something funny, first stating the sale went until 5/19, then 20 minutes later reflected that the sale was only for 5/20, but still would not reflect the sale price in my shopping cart. After chatting with the online customer service, I was advised to call the HD online customer service number and speak with a rep to order the product at the sale price. I asked if they would report my purchase to fatwallet for my 5% Cash Back credit, and they were quite rude when stating they do not.

Bottom line: if you still see the filters showing up at the sale price on the product page, but regular price in your shopping cart, call customer service to place your order ASAP.

$76.66 today only

Order placed on 05/13/13, and as of 05/20/13, it's still in the "being processed" mode. Sigh. Should've picked it up in store.

Today (5/20) Filtrete case packs got further reduced from 50% off to 60% off. Just chatted with a helpful online support associate who promised to credit back the difference.
Of course YMMV on getting the filters, getting the ones you've ordered, and getting any credit.

HD is no Amazon.

flamingonut said:   Order placed on 05/13/13, and as of 05/20/13, it's still in the "being processed" mode. Sigh. Should've picked it up in store.
It would not be any different IMHO, these are not "pick up in an hour" but rather "ship to store whenever" items.

Cogtx said:   I'm always concerned about these type filters restricting air flow and negative impact on the a/c unit. I usually get the cheapy ones just to catch the dog and cat hair...I understand some people prefer the expensive allergen reduction type and always wondered if they worked well... found info on a/c furnace filters and types

http://www.startribune.com/local/yourvoices/160940835.html

I would be more concerned about restricted air flow during HEAT mode.

Let me back up. I've been using high-rated 3M filtrete filters for years now. From 600 to 2200 rating and in between. During the winter, I have had some difficulties if you don't replace them often enough. The furnace will not see sufficient air flow and will shut down and start back up, cycling often. In the winter (I'm in Cleveland) I would recommend you replace these every 2 months. I have a kid with asthma and allergies, so the cost is worth it to me. In the summer using AC, restrictive air flow won't cause any immediate functional issues like it can under heating mode, or at least it takes more restriction to cause trouble. (Without enough flow your coils may not have enough air to exchange the heat and the blower will work hard.) I would replace every 3 months for AC usage.

So for me, I replace 3 times a year:
#1 at beginning of AC season, that filter lasts me the entire 3 months that it's hot in Cleveland
#2 at beginning of heating season
#3 halfway through heating season

happysaver said:   Today (5/20) Filtrete case packs got further reduced from 50% off to 60% off. Just chatted with a helpful online support associate who promised to credit back the difference.
Of course YMMV on getting the filters, getting the ones you've ordered, and getting any credit.
I received my case of filters on Friday and just got a $13.00 credit because of the additional 10% price reduction today.

bxd20 said:   Cogtx said:   I'm always concerned about these type filters restricting air flow and negative impact on the a/c unit. I usually get the cheapy ones just to catch the dog and cat hair...I understand some people prefer the expensive allergen reduction type and always wondered if they worked well... found info on a/c furnace filters and types

http://www.startribune.com/local/yourvoices/160940835.html
I would be more concerned about restricted air flow during HEAT mode.

Let me back up. I've been using high-rated 3M filtrete filters for years now. From 600 to 2200 rating and in between. During the winter, I have had some difficulties if you don't replace them often enough. The furnace will not see sufficient air flow and will shut down and start back up, cycling often. In the winter (I'm in Cleveland) I would recommend you replace these every 2 months.
Is it possible the heating/cooling contractor didn't size the ductwork and filters correctly? The house where we used to live was a mess in that respect.

Did anyone else get an email with an order payment problem? Could just be my typo, but I was nervous when I call they will cancel my order. fingers crossed

Effoc said:   Did anyone else get an email with an order payment problem? Could just be my typo, but I was nervous when I call they will cancel my order. fingers crossed

Initially, I did. I only found out the next morning when I checked my email. Something about the billing address/city was incorrect, which, it wasn't. I called them immediately and gave them my information, again. I'm wondering if that's why my order is still "being processed". I looked again at the product page and my filters say "out of stock online". I don't know what to do...wait or call...

Picked up my 12 pack from HD yesterday. For those that were wondering Yes they were each individually wrapped/sealed just like when you buy one by one at the store.

On another note those quoting how often to change filters really depends on the degree of usage, conditions, return vents, etc. so when you look up there and it looks gray and dirty change it don't wait until you have a muff growing.

Just grabbed two cases...great deal!

Use MEMHD5 for an additional $5 off.

I still don't know what to do with the four 20 x 25 x 4" thick 1550s (MPR 10) that I received instead of the dozen 1" thick Filtretes I WAS SUPPOSED to receive.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm being totally cereal.

I like to tinker and was thinking of building a box fan filter for the basement or the upstairs hallway (in an inconspicuous place), but these things are huge and thick.

On an unrelated note, I was browsing the furnace filter aisle of Lowe's yesterday (which still carries pretty much the whole line of Filtrete** brand of filters in store) when it dawned on me that people paying regular prices for whole house filters should get a complimentary tube of astroglide with each purchase.

**I am fairly confident Filtrete and Flanders/PrecisionAire filters are made in the same factory, thus being the same in fact, and I would be surprised if a wide array of other branded filters ARE NOT made in this very same factory, as well.

It would be nice if the 20x25x5 variety was on sale.

JesseLivermore said:   I still don't know what to do with the four 20 x 25 x 4" thick 1550s (MPR 10) that I received instead of the dozen 1" thick Filtretes I WAS SUPPOSED to receive.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm being totally cereal.

Being Total Cereal? You mean like high in fiber?

If you do any wood working, strapping this to a box fan is the second best
dust collector you can own. Tape one or 2 of them to the back side of the box
fan pulling air through the filter. Make sure the filter covers the entire fan
or use cardboard to cover the areas not covered by the filter.
You can use it anywhere in your house to eliminate dust.
Or put it outdoors on your roof and let it run all day and help clean the air in your city.

My order placed on May 12 arrived today. Order placed on May 23 still hasn't shipped.

In case anybody has taken notice like me, check out the difference between an old filtrete 1000 I took out and replaced with 1 of the ones I got today. I'm not saying its a Home Depot issue but no doubt, there's a difference......

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/3395/photomay28190645.jpg

Again....same exact item, same exact edp number, etc. just a definite difference......

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/5350/photomay28190651.jpg

redgtxdi said:   In case anybody has taken notice like me, check out the difference between an old filtrete 1000 I took out and replaced with 1 of the ones I got today. I'm not saying its a Home Depot issue but no doubt, there's a difference......

Again....same exact item, same exact edp number, etc. just a definite difference......

Looks like about 10% fewer pleats and therefore less surface area. Did MERV change?

dbphillips said:   redgtxdi said:   In case anybody has taken notice like me, check out the difference between an old filtrete 1000 I took out and replaced with 1 of the ones I got today. I'm not saying its a Home Depot issue but no doubt, there's a difference......

Looks like about 10% fewer pleats and therefore less surface area. Did MERV change?

I don't know what happened. I looked at the date on both filters which is quite literally the only difference. The older one with more pleats says 2009. (I bought about 3 months ago) and the ones that came yesterday say 2011 on them.

I actually counted the pleats in the triangle areas almost touching each other in the pic and got 12 pleats in the old one and 9 pleats in the new one. That's about a 25% difference!!! YIKES!!!

I'm not overly concerned but there will certainly be MUCH less surface area on the newer ones. I, too, wonder what might have changed that they could even legally change them so much. Either they were over engineered originally or they went cheap and found a floating target they could fudge with. (My guess)

redgtxdi said:   dbphillips said:   redgtxdi said:   In case anybody has taken notice like me, check out the difference between an old filtrete 1000 I took out and replaced with 1 of the ones I got today. I'm not saying its a Home Depot issue but no doubt, there's a difference......

I don't know what happened. I looked at the date on both filters which is quite literally the only difference. The older one with more pleats says 2009. (I bought about 3 months ago) and the ones that came yesterday say 2011 on them.

I actually counted the pleats in the triangle areas almost touching each other in the pic and got 12 pleats in the old one and 9 pleats in the new one. That's about a 25% difference!!! YIKES!!!

I'm not overly concerned but there will certainly be MUCH less surface area on the newer ones. I, too, wonder what might have changed that they could even legally change them so much. Either they were over engineered originally or they went cheap and found a floating target they could fudge with. (My guess)

The case of 12 FPR 5 Filtretes that I ordered and had shipped to my house arrived today, and my suspicions about these being exactly the same as Flanders/PrecisionAire have pretty much Been proved correct.

In fact, I compared the FPR 5 (*as per Home Depot's rating system, interestingly) Filtrete to a FPR 4 Flanders/Precisionaire filter (purchased from HD B&M), and lo & behold - it had exactly the same number of pleats, the filter material and thickness looked exactly the same, and the ONLY difference between them was the color of the cardboard surrounding the filter media.

They even shipped from Flanders' factory & state "made for Home Depot" or something similar on them.

Thanks OP, Just ordered one today

flamingonut said:   Order placed on 05/13/13, and as of 05/20/13, it's still in the "being processed" mode. Sigh. Should've picked it up in store.

Supposedly my order has finally been shipped.

EDIT: Received all 12 on 05/30. Happy Dance!

I just got mine & they sent 6 instead of 12 & I went to the order status & they changed it online to a case of 6. RIP OFF

Got email from HD today saying they are backordered, but my cc was partially charged. I called HD Customer Service and they said they put a hold on the funds every couple of weeks while they are waiting, but it will not be processed. The "hold" expires and they will do it again.
Anyone hear of this??

Almost all credit card purchases go through an initial authorization process that reserves the requested charge amount of your credit limit. This hold automatically expires in about three days. Normally, the actual charge is processed in that time period. It's not common for a merchant to repeatedly re-authorize a delayed charge, but there's nothing wrong in doing so.

I ordered 5/20, and this is the 1st response I received, but I have no idea if I will really get them. I ordered the FPR 7, since the FPR 9s were listed as sold out, but now appear to be back in stock? I guess I could try to get the ones I really wanted, but am just going to let it roll, and see what happens.

"Dear Valued Customer,
*Please Do Not Reply* This email is sent from an unmonitored email address.*

Thank you for your recent order on HomeDepot.com

Due to overwhelming demand, your recent Air Filter order is on an extended backorder with no estimated time of arrival.

Please NOTE this order has not been cancelled and will be shipped as soon as the Air Filters are available.

If you would like to cancel your order or have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-430-3376 between 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing The Home Depot!

Sincerely,

The Home Depot"

o2cats said:   I ordered 5/20, and this is the 1st response I received, but I have no idea if I will really get them. I ordered the FPR 7, since the FPR 9s were listed as sold out, but now appear to be back in stock? I guess I could try to get the ones I really wanted, but am just going to let it roll, and see what happens.

"Dear Valued Customer,
*Please Do Not Reply* This email is sent from an unmonitored email address.*

Thank you for your recent order on HomeDepot.com

Due to overwhelming demand, your recent Air Filter order is on an extended backorder with no estimated time of arrival.

Please NOTE this order has not been cancelled and will be shipped as soon as the Air Filters are available.

If you would like to cancel your order or have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-430-3376 between 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing The Home Depot!

Sincerely,

The Home Depot"

Sorry, but I'm not surprised. If you look at my earlier post, I ordered on 4/30. I called today and they have no idea when mine will ship.... Talk about bad service. HD is infamous for their mediocre to bad service, but this is a new low for me. Anyone else have this long of a delay?

Jimbo426 said:   
Sorry, but I'm not surprised. If you look at my earlier post, I ordered on 4/30. I called today and they have no idea when mine will ship.... Talk about bad service. HD is infamous for their mediocre to bad service, but this is a new low for me. Anyone else have this long of a delay?

Order Date: Apr 30, 2013 8:00:45 PM EST

In the same boat.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014