• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi Everyone,

Since I was to buy Samsung Galaxy S4, I was following the prices very closely and finally today I ordered one!
The device is sold by Amazon @ 168 and it worked out better for me because I saved on taxes (so it made it better then the walmart deal)

Amazon is selling both white and black versions @ 168, here are both links
White Frost - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDZU40Q
Black Mist - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDZTRFE

For some it may not matter but for those Amazon does not charge taxes it is the best deal.

The Frys deal I posted few days ago is only in stores @ 149.99 + tax so that deal is only good for people who has FRYS in their area!

Member Summary

galaxy
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

With contract that is.

Please add "with contract" and "AT&T" to title.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/457553/#create_title

LongDongSilver said:   With contract that is.

Goes without saying.

Thanks, updated title

I want to keep the 2G for $25 data plan. But didn't see that option. It did say keep my current plan for new phone, but picked the mobile data of 300MB automatically. Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

u forgot to mention that's its only AT&T

well be cautious with that, you might lose your old plan..
Talk to Amazon customer care..

dehemke said:   LongDongSilver said:   With contract that is.

Goes without saying.

One would think...

Bought it from WalMart and kept my existing $25 2GB plan. Amazon.com wouldn't let me keep my existing plan.

makemoney06 said:   Bought it from WalMart and kept my existing $25 2GB plan. Amazon.com wouldn't let me keep my existing plan.

when I was ready to upgrade to the S3 a year ago, AT&T was way more expensive than anywhere else, but they matched the lowest price I found (which was Radio Shack). That way I got to keep my existing plan.

Actually I bought mines last weekend from that WalmartWireless.com website, and I was never charged taxes either. I even check my credit card to verify that it was just $168.

The phone is pretty nice. I also made the mistake of not buying my microSD card ahead of time, so I had to purchase it in-store. Fortunately, Staples was running a deal of a 64GB microSDXC Sandisk memory card (the largest available) for $59.99 and they had a 20% off coupon for Saturday May 4th. Had to pay taxes on that, but in the end it was $52. Pretty great deal on that.

Altogether, I have a very nice phone with about 70GB of formatted storage for all of those high-res photos and all those apps and media files I will be downloading over 4G, which can be quite fast in my area (Dallas). I've done 4G speedtests of 32Gb/s just this past weekend.

I just wish they would knock the S3 down to Free (or maybe like 9.99) with upgrade. I don't really need the S4 but with the S4 around 168, the lowest I saw the S3 is for 39.99 and that was at Wal-Mart.

since I want to upgrade one line and use the phone for another line, I end up with costco for $200. Didn't use Amazon because of some possible fee for this alternate upgrade. My costco from next state don't have any tax and I live right to the board. Also got the free travel package(car/wall charger and a nice case).

whiteking2003 said:   since I want to upgrade one line and use the phone for another line, I end up with costco for $200. Didn't use Amazon because of some possible fee for this alternate upgrade. My costco from next state don't have any tax and I live right to the board. Also got the free travel package(car/wall charger and a nice case).

Was your "one line" that upgraded with Galaxy S4 already had a data plan or no?

I think whatever you did at Coscto can be done via WalMart Wireless. I like Costco but this phone is only $168 at WalMart Wirless vs $199 at Costco.

hqh51 said:   whiteking2003 said:   since I want to upgrade one line and use the phone for another line, I end up with costco for $200. Didn't use Amazon because of some possible fee for this alternate upgrade. My costco from next state don't have any tax and I live right to the board. Also got the free travel package(car/wall charger and a nice case).

Was your "one line" that upgraded with Galaxy S4 already had a data plan or no?

It was a iphone 4 with 2G for $25 data plan. The other one have unlimited. I got them both keeped.

makemoney06 said:   I think whatever you did at Coscto can be done via WalMart Wireless. I like Costco but this phone is only $168 at WalMart Wirless vs $199 at Costco..

oh, I should check WalMart first. Does WalMart have this phone in store with $168 price? I think that $168 is online pre-order price. If online, they will charge tax for my state. Also no travel kit.

WalMart has the same price in store.

I have unlimited on iphone and Amazon is downgrading me to 300mb I pay around 22.50 for data plan with the discounts for unlimited and for 300mb its $20 on Amazon

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014