• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Good reviews, price went down since last mentioned in Hot Deals

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-228-044&Tpk=N...

Member Summary

monitor
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just got mine and I am Loving it, took only 3 days,It looks Brand new.

DrenePr (May. 08, 2013 @ 4:03p) |

This monitor looks nice, what is the warranty on a refurbished monitor.
Can a user get more than 18 months use from this.... (more)

richard9 (May. 08, 2013 @ 6:52p) |

Some users will; some won't. It's a bit of a lottery; you may get a unit that will
last long past the time when you wish... (more)

SelfGovern (May. 09, 2013 @ 2:28p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice! Just bought one (used FatCash) and got free shipping and no tax. It is the HP2711 monitor. I've had good luck with HP refurbs in the past. Unbeatable price for a 27" monitor.

1920x1080 on a 27" is that a killer? I've never worked on a monitor that size with that res.

ecoluke,

I guess it depends what you'll be using it for. I feel, for the $, i can live with it, for email, spreadsheets and web browsing.

I have this monitor and love it... looks great for games too

I bought this yesterday, and it's on the truck out for delivery today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's decent.

I bought the 25" for $159 and will give it my highest recommendation. Not sure about this one at 27". Some people think a 27" should have better resolution.

I bought the 27" and I am very happy with it. It looks new. The screen is real bright. I had to adjust it, but now it's great.

I bought two and they're getting delivered tomorrow. Can't wait!

Thanks to everyone for the green! This is my first hot deal post after 10 years on FW and it's great to see people going for it.

Got'em, both look and work great!

Question for your owners....

I looked at the photo and don't see the standard mounting holes on the back? Are they there and just no apparent? Was wondering about dual monitor mounts but wasn't sure if that was possible.

Thanx.

Sorry for the newb questions--
I gave up cable tv service and am just watching stuff online.
Could I connect this to my laptop and use it like a television?
Is there a way to connect wirelessly or would I be running a cable from the laptop to the monitor?
Does my internet connection determine picture resolution?
When I enlarge things on my laptop the image isn't as good. Would the same happen with this? (I have the slowest possible DSL service.)
thanks.

my4mainecoons said:   Sorry for the newb questions-- We were all noobs once.
I gave up cable tv service and am just watching stuff online.
Could I connect this to my laptop and use it like a television?
Sort of. A television is input sources plus display screen plus tuner -- the thing that allows you to select channel 2 or 39 or whatever from the input sources.
A laptop is a display screen attached to a computer in a small package. Because the computer can stream content it acquires from the network or your hard drive, you can watch content such as streaming movies or television programs on your laptop.
Most all laptops also allow you to output an HDMI or DVI or VGA content to a television or monitor. Your laptop is serving as the tuner, in essence.

Is there a way to connect wirelessly or would I be running a cable from the laptop to the monitor? I'll bet there are solutions to allow you to send an HDMI signal over a wireless connection. It's going to be a special, uncommon device, and it won't be cheap.

Does my internet connection determine picture resolution? The source determines the resolution. Some content providers allow you to choose the resolution you'll stream (Yahoo, for instance, may allow 480p or 720p versions of the same video). Your internet speed determines if you can stream the source smoothly or not. The native resolution of the source determines how large an area of your screen the content will fill without upscaling the image.

When I enlarge things on my laptop the image isn't as good. Would the same happen with this? (I have the slowest possible DSL service.)If the source is 640x480, then thems is all the pixels you've got. Televisions (and DVD or Blu-Ray players) today are often good at "upscaling" content, using mathematical computation to enhance the quality of a picture when displayed on a higher resolution device. This can be good, but it's never as good as having the signal be at or close to your display's native resolution.
It's possible to do, but I don't know of any apps that let a computer upscale the video before sending it to the display.
If the input signal is 640x480, it's going to look pixelated (blocky, jagged edges, non-smooth transitions between colors) when you try to blow it up to 1920x1080 pixels. Or, you can display it as a 640x480 pixel area on your screen -- only taking up about a quarter of your display area.
thanks.

Got mine today. Looks and works like brand new. No dead pixels, bright vibrant colors and in overall terrific shape. Very happy with this deal!

Thank you very much for your thorough, easy to understand response. I've noticed that some of the shows I stream have better resolution than others.
I'm thinking of subscribing to the NFL season online and I'm guessing that since its an online service that it would come w/ more pixels.
I've been picking up FAR HDMI cables not knowing what they're for but thinking I'd find a use for one at some point. Would this be an opportunity to use one of them?

maineccons, I don't have cable and watch a few things online. You might look into Roku if you haven't already. For $99 it will wirelessly stream movies. I love mine!

cajundavid said:   maineccons, I don't have cable and watch a few things online. You might look into Roku if you haven't already. For $99 it will wirelessly stream movies. I love mine!
do you watch on a television set, laptop or monitor? Would you get this monitor for that purpose?

According to Newegg site, this deal may be expiring May 6

Just got mine today...Seems like a good deal..It is working great so far...Deal is still on...may pick up another

Just got mine and I am Loving it, took only 3 days,It looks Brand new.

This monitor looks nice, what is the warranty on a refurbished monitor.
Can a user get more than 18 months use from this. Considering 5 hours per day.

Thanks.

richard9 said:   This monitor looks nice, what is the warranty on a refurbished monitor.
Can a user get more than 18 months use from this. Considering 5 hours per day.

Thanks.

Some users will; some won't. It's a bit of a lottery; you may get a unit that will
last long past the time when you wish you'd waited six more months for some new
whizzbang technology. Or you may have some sort of power surge that takes out
your monitor and CPU.

But in general, I would expect this monitor to last years with only five hours/day
use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014