• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

I bought this phone for travel in Europe b/c it is unlocked and dual sim. It looks almost EXACTLY like my Galaxy s3. Some differences include slightly thicker (appears to be bigger battery and more life) and slightly heavier, screen is lower quality, and OS options are slightly different. Otherwise, it looks almost exactly like a Samsung Galaxy s3. The home screen and the sounds are almost an exact duplicate.

Anyhow, for 160.00 unlocked, this sure is a good clone and/or travel phone. If you wait, you can buy from Amazon or 3rd party reseller with Amazon prime.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

S3 knockoff
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

DealExtreme has a range of these knock off type phones. I don't know if I would buy it even at this price considering you don't know what you're getting other than it LOOKS like a GS3. For one thing the screen resolution is not as high so the pixel density is not as high. Is the charging circuit safe or will it start a fire? I think I would much rather have a phone that functions like an S3 rather than looks like an S3.

MTK is cool. This handset is not.

You can find much better on taobao

virek said:   MTK is cool. This handset is not.

You can find much better on taobao
any recommendations? links?

tried taobao.com
i don't read korean....

aarzi said:   tried taobao.com
i don't read korean....

you mean chinese...

Use Chrome or marry a Chinese person. I did both.

What's your interest?

How's this?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.215.00RHPi&id=1814...

Many of these only have dual band 3G/HSPA

THis is a Chi PHone not an Iphone

CRAP

Galaxy S3 knockoff, seriously? That thing isn't even close to being the same quality!

Thanks for keyword spamming a brand name that has nothing to do with the item you're peddling...

I think I would pay more and buy a phone approved by FCC. Who know what kind of radiation this thing emits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/technology/28cell.html?_r=0
Last month, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology did warn consumers about the hazards of shanzhai phones, saying “their radiation usually exceeds the limit.” China’s consumer protection agency says faulty mobile phones were the No. 1 consumer complaint last year.

Most of these phones are just good on paper. They have no quality control whatsoever. They also have very limited 3G support. Won't work for T-Mobile for sure.

How about the Samsung Galaxy Y available on Amazon for about $100

Ratings are "meh"--if you want an inexpensive GSM smartphone with a good screen/processor, pick up a Pantech Burst for about $100. or save your pennies and buy a Google Nexus 4 for $300.

You can also try lightinthebox.com, they have a lot of these android phones (6" Samsung Note 2 clone for $199).

2 years ago, I ordered from lightinthebox.com a knock-off HTC phone with the keypad (similar to the ATT Android phone with keypad/dedicated facebook button), shipping was fast and price was cheap, but the screen resolution was terrible, the phone was slow and not responsive, the screen itself was a cheap plastic cover and I couldn't accurately enter any information with on the touch screen. It was too much hassle to return so they ended up giving me a $20 credit.

This was a few years ago, and they seem to have decent reviews on their new Android phones, maybe be worth a shot.

For a U.S. warranty and FCC registered, I would check the IceMobile Galaxy Prime Plus - 5 inch screen, Qualcomm Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 MSM8625 1.2GHz

Also check the Maxwest Orbit 5001DC - slim, fast, 5.2 inch screen, Qualcomm Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 MSM8225 ARMv7 1.2 GHz CPU, Qualcomm Adreno 203 GPU.

Both dual sim, manufactured unlocked, unrestricted Android with no bloatware and with a U.S. warranty (a big deal to me).

themew said:   For a U.S. warranty and FCC registered, I would check the IceMobile Galaxy Prime Plus - 5 inch screen, Qualcomm Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 MSM8625 1.2GHz

Also check the Maxwest Orbit 5001DC - slim, fast, 5.2 inch screen, Qualcomm Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 MSM8225 ARMv7 1.2 GHz CPU, Qualcomm Adreno 203 GPU.

Both dual sim, manufactured unlocked, unrestricted Android with no bloatware and with a U.S. warranty (a big deal to me).

those seem like good choices, but hard to find reputable sellers. At the yippz prices website, you might as well buy the Huawei and Lenovo alternatives. Those should have USA warranties or at least decent build quality.

I purchased a similar clone (1.2GHz, MTK 6515 i966, android 4.1, dual sim. Build quality, speed, and 4in display very nice. BUT, poor GSM reception, game apps crash frequently (perhaps due to tiny 250MB ram) and "multitouch" has trouble seeing more than 1 finger.

themew said:   For a U.S. warranty and FCC registered, I would check the IceMobile Galaxy Prime Plus - 5 inch screen, Qualcomm Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 MSM8625 1.2GHz

I know next to nothing about cellphones

I have a cheap Samsung phone that is terrible to use the web on, using the $30/month WalMart T-Mobile plan that has unlimited data. I wanted to use it as another mobile browser (I have a 3G iPad too) for when we need two mobile browsers at the same time. It's so awful to use it's gathering dust.

Can I stick the T-Mobile SIM card in one of these cheap, larger screen phones and have it work on the T-Mobile network? Remember, I know nothing about phones...

TIA.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014