• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the Crosman M417 BB/Pellet Pneumatic Pump Rifle only $59.95 after using the $10 off $50 Crosman products coupon a little lower on the page. Specs:

From Amazon's page:

The Crosman M4-177 pneumatic pump air rifle is based on the increasingly popular AR platform, with multiple Picatinny rails for customizing with preferred accessories. A rifled steel barrel accurately shoots both pellets and BBs, and variable pump action is easy to use for both right- and left-handed shooters. Two aperture sizes on the rear sight let you simply flip up the small one for stationary or bullseye targets, and the large one for moving or larger targets.

Features
Bolt action, multi-pump power source
Rifled steel barrel
350-round BB reservoir
Adjustable stock to fit every shooter
Loop slots for adding a gun sling
Windage and elevation adjustments
Adjustable and removable front and rear sights
Includes a Firepow'r five-shot pellet clip
Removable magazine stores pellet clip and sight adjustment tool
Crossbolt safety trigger

Specifications
0.177 caliber
34-inch total length
Three-pound, nine-ounce weight
Firing velocity up to 625 feet-per-second (FPS) with pellets, and 660 FPS with BBs

Amazon also has the Crosman M4-177 Multi-Pump BB and Pellet Air Rifle for $60.78 after coupon.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

crosman
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What age group is this best suited for? Is a licence required in NJ? In what kind of surroundings may this be used?

Other than the discount, why would this be recommended over others in the similar price range?

Thanks!

I'd say a mature 12 year old or older - you can hurt somebody with this gun. Not sure about a license in NJ, but as far as surroundings go, it's better if you have a good bit of room to shoot so nothing ricochets around your neighborhood.

I know how good Crosman's guns are - I've had a few in my 50+ years - so I would think for the money this is a great deal. Unless you can find a 1377 for less than $40 again - the 1377 pistol is incredibly accurate.

That photo is not the rifle being offered. It is an AR-15 style.

Thanks for your quick and useful response.

I asked my questions before clicking on the link. While they are relevant, OP's model is not what I am interested in. I would much prefer a plain-vanilla basic look, to be used for harmless fun and target practice.

The air pistol you recommend indeed seems to be of good quality, and I am very likely to buy one (or two). It also qualifies for the discount. I am wondering if the current price is good enough. Also, if other than aesthetics and personal preference, one of these is better than the other:

http://www.amazon.com/Crossman-American-Classic-Variable-Action/...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004V95AYW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ke...

Thanks again!

Glad to help! The 1377 pistol is one of the best guns I've ever had. EXTREMELY accurate, even out of the box, but it has a plastic breech. If you Google "1377 mod" you can find all kinds of forums on these pistols (1377 model is .177 - 1322 is .22, with lower fps but a bigger pellet for more force).

One of the first things they recommend is to buy a Crosman steel breech kit (I think it's Tuesdays they have discounts with codes), and taking the plastic one off and putting the steel one on is very easy. I did it Saturday to mine. If you need the video link on how to do it, a guy has one posted on how to change it out on a 1322. It is the same on the 1377. Took me maybe 15 minutes to do it, and I could have done it faster, but I took my time and went right along with his video.

When you replace the breech you can't replace the rear sight, but it's pretty lame. They recommend buying a red dot scope, which I have coming tomorrow in the mail, or you can install the Crosman rear sight. It's expensive, though, for what you get - I think it's about $40.

I have the black 1377 - got it for Christmas this year. It is very strong, and I am very impressed with the gun. Amazon had it for $40 a couple of weeks ago, and that's about the best price I've seen. With the $10 coupon today, though, that's a great price shipped.

Oh, wow again!

Is there any harm if I use the plastic breech for a while before deciding on replacing it? Will there be any damage?
How important is the sight if the pistol is primarily to be held at arm's length?

No, no - no harm whatsoever. The plastic breech I'm sure will last a long time - but if you want to mount any red dot scope or anything on it, you have to buy extra mounts. The plastic breech moves slightly, too, making it easy to need to resight when it moves from what I hear. Before I put the steel breech on it was VERY accurate and I had no trouble with it for 4 months.

It's the most accurate pellet gun I've ever had, especially after adding this extra stock to make it easier to aim and shoot.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014