• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Earn up to three free nights at any of our 3,600+ hotels worldwide with Marriott Rewards® Unexpected Bonus.

To earn your free nights:

Register by July 31, 2013
Stay twice at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
Earn one free night after each second paid stay, up to three free nights
Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-4 hotel worldwide

This bonus season, expect big things—and earn even bigger.

With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing.

You have to register for this promo.

linkymoo

Marriott Hotels and Resorts
See Marriott Hotels and Resorts promo codes that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Marriott Bonus
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
you're right. i've made a mistake thinking stays and booking is the same.

linrick (Jun. 17, 2013 @ 12:02p) |

This promotion sucks because I just learned that you can only use one certificate for yourself per night. Therefore if y... (more)

View (Jun. 21, 2013 @ 8:14a) |

I disagree with "View". I have used both promotions several times in the past. 50,000 points for many more stays nets ... (more)

Incredibledealmaker (Jun. 21, 2013 @ 10:12a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not sure where tou copied this from but here are correct details.

Earn one free night after each second paid stay, up to two free nights
Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-5 hotel worldwide

This offers varies among Marriott Rewards members. This is my offer:

To earn your bonus points:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay 20 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn 35,000 bonus points, plus an additional 2,000 points after each additional paid night (up to 55,000 points)

With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing.

Incredibledealmaker said:   This offers varies among Marriott Rewards members. This is my offer:

To earn your bonus points:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay 20 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn 35,000 bonus points, plus an additional 2,000 points after each additional paid night (up to 55,000 points)

i believe i have this offer too. but the one i posted is much better than this offer. the 20 paid nights earned only 55K points = to 1 or 2 nites free isn't much of a deal.

Thanks OP, worked for me. Going Marriott this year anyway so this will help.

victorb said:   Not sure where tou copied this from but here are correct details.

Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-5 hotel worldwide
i copied directly from Marriott page when u click on my linkytmoo link. it is shown category 1-4 and earned up to 3 free nites with exact dates as yours. where did you get yours?

I actually got the exact same as victorb, by clicking the link in your OP. It must vary by acct.

jd2010 said:   I actually got the exact same as victorb, by clicking the link in your OP. It must vary by acct.

It does, and you can try calling and getting swapped to a different offer if you think a different one may be better for you. I know some people aren't a fan of the free night stays because they are certs that are only good for cat 1-4 rooms, and would rather have points to blow on a nicer property, or vice versa.

i preferred getting the nites free instead of points because most of my stays are 1 or 2 nites so i earned the free nite faster. plus i stay at Residence Inn
by Marriott most of the time near the airport. they don't charge for parking, free internet, free hot breakfast, and incredible low rates ($99/nite for irvine - cat. 4) whereas hotels across the street charge $15/day for parking, $10 for internet and no free breakfast. and their rates are much higher.

i got promotion unavailable?

Can the free nites be redeemed later?

wondering if they would allow me to check out and check back in each day so it counts my 5 days of stays as 5 days as oppose to 1 stay.

apkesh said:   wondering if they would allow me to check out and check back in each day so it counts my 5 days of stays as 5 days as oppose to 1 stay.

Nope, but you can stay across the street at a diff Marriott and hop back and forth. This is typically what I do when Im on the road and bonus chasing.

If it shows unavailable, switch your earning preference in your profile from airline mileage to points. Then you can see this one.

jd2010 said:   apkesh said:   wondering if they would allow me to check out and check back in each day so it counts my 5 days of stays as 5 days as oppose to 1 stay.

Nope, but you can stay across the street at a diff Marriott and hop back and forth. This is typically what I do when Im on the road and bonus chasing.
exactly.

i did that with Residence Inn
where right across the street is Courtyard

This is my offer. category 1-5 nice. how do I know which ones are "participating hotels" ?

Earn up to two free nights at any of our 3,600+ hotels worldwide with Marriott Rewards® Unexpected Bonus.
See Details

To earn your free nights:

Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-5 hotel worldwideText

Nice. This should be able to combine with 5000 points bonus promotion.

Experience Your Most Rewarding Spring

Now through May 31, 2013, stay any night and receive 5,000 Marriott Rewards® bonus points per stay.

Visit us online or call 1-800-429-5673 and quote promotional code M11

nomansland said:   Nice. This should be able to combine with 5000 points bonus promotion.

Now through May 31, 2013, stay any night and receive 5,000 Marriott Rewards® bonus points per stay.

Got a link for us dummies to click through? Cant find it.

nomansland said:   Nice. This should be able to combine with 5000 points bonus promotion.

I called that 800 number you listed, but it goes to Gaylord Convention Center?

i don't think you can combine promos because each promo has their own link for you to book thru.

I've been staying at Marriott since Feb 10'th. It'll be 95 days when I check out. I could not get any deal since I cannot check out and check in (no taxes after 30'th day in OH). E-mail did not work..I received a cold response.I called to complaint and they gave me 50K points with this promotion

50k is only two or 3 nights

I having difficulty redeeming certificates from last promotion on line. No location to enter certificate. I will have to call in the redemption.

I would have checked out and moved if need be to another Marriott propert

kiteguru said:   I've been staying at Marriott since Feb 10'th. It'll be 95 days when I check out. I could not get any deal since I cannot check out and check in (no taxes after 30'th day in OH). E-mail did not work..I received a cold response.I called to complaint and they gave me 50K points with this promotion

If you don't have a Chase Marriott credit card, you should consider applying ASAP as it may take up to 30 days to arrive.
The hotel you're staying at may even refund to original credit card(s) and re-charge to the Marriott card.

I was in a similar situation a couple years ago, staying 45+ days, and the Residence Inn
I stayed at did this for me after the card arrived.
With all the bonus points, etc, I had something like 120K points in addition to the 50-70K that came with approval, and a couple additional free night credited for calling and manipulating.

this is a targeted offer, regardless if you switch your earning to points instead of miles.

unixadmin said:   I having difficulty redeeming certificates from last promotion on line. No location to enter certificate. I will have to call in the redemption.
There is no location to enter certificate details. You just choose "redeem points" while reserving and then choose the certificate.

unixadmin said:   I having difficulty redeeming certificates from last promotion on line. No location to enter certificate. I will have to call in the redemption.

I called to redeem last year.

Heads-up: be sure to track your rewards as on last promo which ended 4/30, I did 3 stays of 2 to 3 nights and only received voucher for 1 free night stay (but system says I got 3 free nights). Going to call to make sure get 2 more free nights.

By far the best hotel reward program though and they seem to continue this thru out the year (also got 1 night each from Feb-April and summer 2012 programs). It expires in a year.

kiteguru said:   I've been staying at Marriott since Feb 10'th. It'll be 95 days when I check out. I could not get any deal since I cannot check out and check in (no taxes after 30'th day in OH). E-mail did not work..I received a cold response.I called to complaint and they gave me 50K points with this promotion

You got to fully check out. That's what I did last year - stayed in Marriott 2 nights, checked out and checked in for another 2 nights. Yeah pain in the behind. I think max limit is 6 free nights over 3-month promotion.

I thought one gets 2 free nights if stayed for 4 nights - WRONG. So to anyone who wants to maximize - be sure to check out after 2 nights and check in again for 2 nights to get 2 free nights.

it depends on the hotel too. most of the time, check out and check back in the same place the same day will not work. best is to check in close by hotels to maximize free nites if you're staying more than 1 nite.

Thanks linrick! I hadn't noticed that the last promo had ended and a new one started. I don't travel for work anymore so I don't pay much attention to these. I had totally forgotten that I signed up for the last promo and I just happened to pick up a free night when I went out of town last weekend. I wouldn't have noticed I had that certificate in my account for a while had it not been for signing up for this promo, so that was a nice bonus for my day!

BPH789 said:   I thought one gets 2 free nights if stayed for 4 nights - WRONG. So to anyone who wants to maximize - be sure to check out after 2 nights and check in again for 2 nights to get 2 free nights.
My experience has been that back-to-back stays count as one stay only. You need a night's gap between stays.

bozo007 said:   My experience has been that back-to-back stays count as one stay only. You need a night's gap between stays.

AT THE SAME HOTEL. Back to back stays are fine if you change hotels. I used to do it all the time. You just need to understand the difference between a NIGHT and a STAY.

SecondGunman said:   bozo007 said:   My experience has been that back-to-back stays count as one stay only. You need a night's gap between stays.

AT THE SAME HOTEL. Back to back stays are fine if you change hotels. I used to do it all the time. You just need to understand the difference between a NIGHT and a STAY.

Agreed

How does this work?

If I'm going to stay for 2 nights I'll have to check out after one night and check back in another one to meet "twice" requirement?

Yes.

BPH789 said:   unixadmin said:   I having difficulty redeeming certificates from last promotion on line. No location to enter certificate. I will have to call in the redemption.

I called to redeem last year.

Heads-up: be sure to track your rewards as on last promo which ended 4/30, I did 3 stays of 2 to 3 nights and only received voucher for 1 free night stay (but system says I got 3 free nights). Going to call to make sure get 2 more free nights.

By far the best hotel reward program though and they seem to continue this thru out the year (also got 1 night each from Feb-April and summer 2012 programs). It expires in a year.

Thanks for the reply and the heads up. I only got 1 voucher when I expected 2.

FWIW, probably obvious to everyone but me --

If your profile is set up to earn airline miles rather than Marriott points (I don't stay at M properties very often), you can't register for this promo. But I changed my profile from miles to points, and was able to register for the promo.

Thanks, op.

Skipping 29 Messages...
I disagree with "View". I have used both promotions several times in the past. 50,000 points for many more stays nets you 2 nights free at most Marriotts. Whereas this promotion nets you three free nights for 6 stays.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014