• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
"A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

Read the fine print on minimum days of each "Stay". It sounds like it takes at least 2 days to consider as a stay.

No. One night is also considered a stay. I have done this many times.

Question for those with more experience than me --

When do you get to use the free night? For example, if I stay two nights at separate Marriott hotels in June, do I get certificate immediately after second night, or do I have to wait until end of promo period in September?

Thanks.

tuphat said:   Question for those with more experience than me --

When do you get to use the free night? For example, if I stay two nights at separate Marriott hotels in June, do I get certificate immediately after second night, or do I have to wait until end of promo period in September?

Thanks.
just as soon as you stayed 2nd stay, you've earned them. it shows up in your account pretty much after 2nd stay. and actually, i've never requested the physical certificates. i just call Marriott and redeem to where ever i wanted to stay. they are good 1 year from earned date.

you just have to remember to check your account often.

Incredibledealmaker said:   No. One night is also considered a stay. I have done this many times.

No. A night is NOT considered a stay. A night and a stay are two different things.

A night is just what it sounds like. A night is a period when the sun is down. That's it. A stay is the period between check in and check out. A stay can consist of multiple nights, but doesn't have to. You can check in one day and check out the next, that would be one night and one stay. If you check in on Monday and out on Wednesday, that's one stay and TWO nights. It's that simple. The only confusion comes from the fact that Marriott has a rule that says you can't check out of a hotel and back in to the same hotel the same day to try to break your one stay into multiple stays. To do that, you have to change hotels.

Some of their promos are based on nights and some are based on stays. You just have to keep an eye on which is which. This one is based on stays. This means that if you're staying in town for two nights and you want to make it into two stays, you're going to have to change hotels.

lol. 1 nite stay is counted as 1 stay. more than 1 nite at the same hotel counts as 1 stay. so it is best to spread out your stays at different facilities if you are staying more than 1 nite in one place.

Points earner v/s miles earner. Simply change your settings ...

Incredibledealmaker said:   This offers varies among Marriott Rewards members. This is my offer:

To earn your bonus points:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay 20 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn 35,000 bonus points, plus an additional 2,000 points after each additional paid night (up to 55,000 points)

This bonus season, expect big things—and earn even bigger.

With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing.

Have a better idea. If you are staying 4 nights, alternate between you and your wife/gf to get 2 free nights staying at the same hotel. So night 1 pay through 1 person's card and Marriott I'D and the second night With your partners I'd and credit card.

To earn your bonus points:
Register by July 31, 2013
Stay 15 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
Earn 25,000 bonus points, plus an additional 10,000 points after 20 paid nights (up to 35,000 points)

Why is mine different?

austin316 said:   To earn your bonus points:
Stay 15 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
Earn 25,000 bonus points, plus an additional 10,000 points after 20 paid nights (up to 35,000 points)

Why is mine different?

It varies from member to member.

Is this possible?

Suppose there are 2 Marriott hotels in a city and I need to stay in that city for 3 night. So I stay 1st night at 1st hotel and 2nd night at 2nd hotel. On 3rd day I check out, I will have points posted in my account. Then I use points to stay in 1st hotel for my 3rd night.

amcom said:   Is this possible?

Suppose there are 2 Marriott hotels in a city and I need to stay in that city for 3 night. So I stay 1st night at 1st hotel and 2nd night at 2nd hotel. On 3rd day I check out, I will have points posted in my account. Then I use points to stay in 1st hotel for my 3rd night.
i think there's not enough time in between stays for you to get the free night for you to use for the 3rd nite. your acct don't reflect the free nite until a few days after 2nd stay. but of course, i've never tried so i don't know. you can always call cs and see after your 2nd stay.

Anyone know how long the free night vouchers are good for?

airanderotron said:   Anyone know how long the free night vouchers are good for?1 year from earned date.

Anyone know how to redeem the certificate online?

mizzou0 said:   Anyone know how to redeem the certificate online?they have never sent me nor i've ever requested a physical certificate so i don't know if it has info on there. but i just call them to redeem/book my free nite(s). no need to even show certificates at checkin.

Thanks OP!
Was able to get this promo for a couple stays I had to do anyways.

austin316 said:   To earn your bonus points:

Why is mine different?

I personally prefer your points deal. The free night certificates have many restrictions (limited to certain categories, cannot be used by friend and family, cannot be used for other type of rewards such as gadgets or flight tickets), and they expire in 1 year if not used. I have 6 of those from 2012 and really wish I could turn them into points.

Datapoint, fwiw --

Stayed at NYC Marriott Marquis on 6/3, checked out and stayed NYC Residence Inn
on 6/4 (next night).
Credited w/ one free night on 6/7, expiring in 12 months.

Planning to rinse & repeat later this month.

Thanks OP!

Edit: BTW, my promo offer was limited to 2 free nights, vs. 3 free nights referenced by OP.

This is probably a dumb question, but I had already booked a long stay at a Residence Inn
(starting later this week). I logged into my account and just registered for this promotion. Will my stay at the residence count towards this promotion even though I already had this stay "booked" prior to registering for this promotion? Anyone have a similar experience?

Loafofbreadhead said:   This is probably a dumb question, but I had already booked a long stay at a Residence Inn
(starting later this week). I logged into my account and just registered for this promotion. Will my stay at the residence count towards this promotion even though I already had this stay "booked" prior to registering for this promotion? Anyone have a similar experience?
i don't believe previously booked prior to registering qualify. what you can do is cancel and rebook under this promo. also, spread out your stays (1 nite each at sister's properties) if you're gonna stay long to get all your free nites.

tuphat said:   Edit: BTW, my promo offer was limited to 2 free nights, vs. 3 free nights referenced by OP.it's 3 free nites at the time i posted. they now changed to 2 and it's pretty much targeted.

Does anyone know if booking a night under a weekend "eBreaks" deal will count as a stay for this deal? Those rates say they can't combine with any other offer, but it's not clear whether it would exclude getting a bonus night under this promotion.

bluevideo said:   Does anyone know if booking a night under a weekend "eBreaks" deal will count as a stay for this deal? Those rates say they can't combine with any other offer, but it's not clear whether it would exclude getting a bonus night under this promotion.yes.

linrick said:   Loafofbreadhead said:   This is probably a dumb question, but I had already booked a long stay at a Residence Inn
i don't believe previously booked prior to registering qualify. what you can do is cancel and rebook under this promo. also, spread out your stays (1 nite each at sister's properties) if you're gonna stay long to get all your free nites.

I don't think that's correct.
In my case, I had already booked a stay in March for May. Signed up for this promo after a few weeks of booking. Completed two stays in May (1 of which was book before signing up for deal and 1 that was booked after signing up for deal). I received free night.

Words of warning on those e-certificates. I booked two rooms using those and the web site automatically confirmed two certificates were used.
However, few days later I found points were deducted from my account and only one certificate was used. I had to call Marriott to fix it. This is the worst stay I ever had with Marriott as there were all kinds of problems. They gave me one king-sized bedroom but I booked two two-doubles. Had to waste an hour to get it fixed. And a week after they charged restaurant expense though I didn't even go there. This is a full service Marriott with 4.5/5 in Dallas on trip advisor. I think the old mega bonus with 35000 to 50,000 points are way better than this crap.

*UPDATE* Checked trip advisor and found a new 1 star review for the hotel. Apparently the problem is hotel-specific...
Still, be careful and double check your bill and account after checkout...and keep all receipts.

dpid said:   linrick said:   Loafofbreadhead said:   This is probably a dumb question, but I had already booked a long stay at a Residence Inn

I don't think that's correct.
In my case, I had already booked a stay in March for May. Signed up for this promo after a few weeks of booking. Completed two stays in May (1 of which was book before signing up for deal and 1 that was booked after signing up for deal). I received free night.
you're right. i've made a mistake thinking stays and booking is the same.

This promotion sucks because I just learned that you can only use one certificate for yourself per night. Therefore if you want to book multiple rooms for family travel, you would have to pay with points or cash. This is very lousy compare to the 50,000 points reward from "Marriott Mega Bonus" promotions. It is clear that this is one of the new "cost cutting" procedures implemented by Marriott.

I disagree with "View". I have used both promotions several times in the past. 50,000 points for many more stays nets you 2 nights free at most Marriotts. Whereas this promotion nets you three free nights for 6 stays.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014