• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is definitely a YMMV, needle in a haystack type of situation as it is at Sears for most items.
I found this e-reader in the lock case at Sears in Livonia, MI (7 Mile and Middlebelt) with a tag on it for $28.97.
The shelf tag by the reader itself was $79.99 and this was about 10 feet away from the lock case.
I used the latest coupon Shop Your Way Rewards had sent me to make it even better.
It was the get $20 in bonus points back if you buy at least $25 worth of items.
Out the door using $8.97 worth of points total for a new in the box Nook Simple Touch.
Good luck to others in finding one themselves.
I would not make a special trip to Sears looking for just this item because it is YMMV.

Here is a link to the item at Barnes and Noble.

Linky

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Nook Simple Touch e-reader (13.50kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Was traveling. Took a chance. Found 3 new-in-the box at Secaucus. Marked regular. Rang up OP's. Bought one. Left two. Was on the phone with a friend. He wanted one. Instead of driving back, decided to check out the one at East Brunswick, which was right in front of me. I was surprised to find 2. Picked up one. Left one.

This was less than half hour ago.

From this limited experience, Seems like NJ stores might have a few left in them.

aarzi said:   Was traveling. Took a chance. Found 3 new-in-the box at Secaucus. Marked regular. Rang up OP's. Bought one. Left two. Was on the phone with a friend. He wanted one. Instead of driving back, decided to check out the one at East Brunswick, which was right in front of me. I was surprised to find 2. Picked up one. Left one.

This was less than half hour ago.

From this limited experience, Seems like NJ stores might have a few left in them.

Don't remember East Brunswick has Sears, only K-Mart. Where is it? Thanks.

Rte 1, just south of Rte 18

None within 25 miles of NW Chicago burbs.

Thanks OP.
I don't care for these (one trick ponies) myself, as I have other electronic items that overlap in functionality and an act as readers.

But a co-worker wanted 1 or 2. I lucked out and found 2 for the co-worker.

Sidenote:
Has anyone else noticed how desolate Sears stores are becoming?
Every time I visit it is like going to a "going-out-of-business" sale.
Less and less items on the store shelves.
More and more "empty" shelf space.

All big box stores are like Sears. Except for the ones that sell mostly clothing, clothing is something that most don't buy online. But Sears, bestbuy and alike are all becoming Amazon's showrooms.

freeze1617 said:   All big box stores are like Sears. Except for the ones that sell mostly clothing, clothing is something that most don't buy online. But Sears, bestbuy and alike are all becoming Amazon's showrooms.

And will be unless/until they pass the law requiring online merchants to charge sales tax. Our sales tax in the Chicago area is outrageous, so I hope it doesn't pass.

FYI down to 19.97 now

hillestadk said:   FYI down to 19.97 now

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! Stopped by local Sears today and grabbed the last one, it was sitting on a shelf (in a glass cabinet) with no indication of being on clearance. Rang up at $19.99. The facial expression of the clerk was priceless... his eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he saw the price! He was like, man, I would've grabbed it myself if I knew!

Just tried my local Sears. No stock in these for a 75-mile radius from Long Island/Metro NY.

No go here. None in stock, none on order, and priced at $80 anyway. It's little wonder my local store is going under. I parked in the lot closest to electronics and hardware and there was one other car in the lot. There was nobody working in electronics and only one guy working in hardware. The place was a ghost town.

Stopped at the Sears at the local mall this afternoon. There were none in the locked cabinet and associate said no stock in any stores within 50 mile radius. He wanted to order and have it shipped to my house for $114.00 - I said I'll think about it and walked away. Thanks for the heads-up since I missed out on the RS deal.

fkebay said:   Thanks OP.
I don't care for these (one trick ponies) myself, as I have other electronic items that overlap in functionality and an act as readers.

But a co-worker wanted 1 or 2. I lucked out and found 2 for the co-worker.

Sidenote:
Has anyone else noticed how desolate Sears stores are becoming?
Every time I visit it is like going to a "going-out-of-business" sale.
Less and less items on the store shelves.
More and more "empty" shelf space.

I believe that they're closing 2 Sears stores here in Chicago.

May I ask what YMMV means? Thanks.

YMMV = Your mileage may vary.

gemwallet said:   May I ask what YMMV means? Thanks.

Thank you!

Okie said:   YMMV = Your mileage may vary.

gemwallet said:   May I ask what YMMV means? Thanks.
Or, in other words, your experience/outcome might be different.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014