• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Weber Genesis S-310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill - Stainless Steel (NO TAX/FREE SHIP) for $747 + free shipping

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=WB6550001

get a little more than $100 off the Home Depot (currently $849) and other retailer price for this classic Weber that is almost never on sale. use code SPRING5. note that this retailer also doesn't charge sales tax to NY, so potentially additional savings...

Can also get the Spirit S-210 for $395 if you want a smaller weber... http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=WB46100001

Member Summary

Weber Genesis S-310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
After having to spend $340 every 3 years for a rust bucket BBQ grill (Sears and Char Broil were the last 2 ones), I fina... (more)

old_local_boy (May. 06, 2013 @ 8:08p) |

I would like to replicate this. You just used a mover's coupon (by signing up on their site?), and you were able to use... (more)

FastEddieG (May. 21, 2013 @ 11:35p) |

Yes. The online mover's coupon sign up, and then the rest as you described. The coupon sign up confirmation page state... (more)

slickdeal45 (May. 22, 2013 @ 6:53a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Homedepot shows multiple color options at less than $747. In fact, I see a black one for $699 with free shipping...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Genesis-E-310-3-Burner-Propane-...

What's the catch...is stainless that more desirable?

Stainless!!!

ZenerDiode said:   Homedepot shows multiple color options at less than $747. In fact, I see a black one for $699 with free shipping...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Genesis-E-310-3-Burner-Propane-...

What's the catch...is stainless that more desirable?


NO TAX/FREE SHIP!!

LP stands for "Liquified Petroleum", not liquid propane.

"Propane" is the common term for this truly wonderful fuel.

Just an FYI courtesy of Strickland Propane.

ZenerDiode said:   Homedepot shows multiple color options at less than $747. In fact, I see a black one for $699 with free shipping...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Genesis-E-310-3-Burner-Propane-...

What's the catch...is stainless that more desirable?


Weber has three steps to each of the products in the Genesis line. E, EP, and S. EP adds stainless grates and Flavorizers. S has those, plus a stainless exterior.

Unless you like cleaning stainless steel, get the E or EP. Stainless steel exteriors on grills look like ass if you don't spend quite a bit of time and energy on keeping them clean. The enameled E and EP series get very good marks from people who have owned them for a number of years.

I just bought an E-330 from Lowe's for a very good price. $799-10% mover's coupon, -5% ShopDiscover, -5% Discover quarterly promo CashBack. It'll end up being ~$690, including sales tax. That's pretty good. Weber is very tough on MAP pricing. Lowe's is also including assembly, delivery, and haul-away of your old grill for free. They did a good job assembling mine.

The other thing I've learned in researching and buying this is that Weber has been cracking down on gray-market Internet sales. They've been denying warranty claims for grills not sold through authorized channels. Best to call them and find out if your vendor is authorized--the warranty is quite comprehensive and long, so it's worth having. You're paying for it with the price of the grill, after all.

Deals4mykids said:   Stainless!!!

Have you owned a stainless grill? Weber doesn't use the 304 SS on this line anymore--it's cheaper 400-series SS. Not exactly desirable.

slickdeal45 said:   Deals4mykids said:   Stainless!!!

Have you owned a stainless grill? Weber doesn't use the 304 SS on this line anymore--it's cheaper 400-series SS. Not exactly desirable.


Didn't know they were now using 400 SS, but they still offer a 25 year warranty on the SS Hood.

Yup. Really hard to find a 304SS grill under $1K. Apparently it's been that way since around 2007.

I cooked some ribeyes for lunch, trying the new grill for the first time. Very glad that I went to the 330, with the extra searing burner. If you like steaks, it's worth it.

I've been debating a 330 or a smaller Spirit. I think I'll go with Lowes though and have them deliver and take away my old one. Plus I'll stack Shopdiscover.

VicVinegar said:   I've been debating a 330 or a smaller Spirit. I think I'll go with Lowes though and have them deliver and take away my old one. Plus I'll stack Shopdiscover.

Sign up for the mover's coupon. http://www.lowes.com/moving The web page states that Webers are excluded, but when the coupon shows up in your e-mail Weber isn't listed in the restrictions. ShopDiscover states that it wouldn't work in conjunction with any other discounts, but I got the $40 back from it already.

slickdeal45 said:   VicVinegar said:   I've been debating a 330 or a smaller Spirit. I think I'll go with Lowes though and have them deliver and take away my old one. Plus I'll stack Shopdiscover.

Sign up for the mover's coupon. http://www.lowes.com/moving The web page states that Webers are excluded, but when the coupon shows up in your e-mail Weber isn't listed in the restrictions. ShopDiscover states that it wouldn't work in conjunction with any other discounts, but I got the $40 back from it already.


I was debating using the 10% on a grill. I might also be buying floors pretty soon, so I might save the 10% for that. Not sure how easy it is to get those coupons.

slickdeal45 said:   Deals4mykids said:   Stainless!!!

Have you owned a stainless grill? Weber doesn't use the 304 SS on this line anymore--it's cheaper 400-series SS. Not exactly desirable.


You should read up on your stainless steel grades. "400 series" is a broad range, and I could select a steel in the 400 series that would outperform the 304 type and be more expensive, or even comparably priced. What you probably meant is "a cheaper 400-series stainless steel" - and it's probably type 409.

I'm not sure how this would affect cooking temperature or other functions relating to the grilling of foods - I am willing to bet it would be orders of magnitude less significant compared to other factors such as ambient temperature and wind velocity (forced convection).

I grill every single day and I'm an engineer, I've put a lot of thought into this lol

Your kids sure get a lot of stuff

I have owned Weber for nearly 20 years. I just got a new EP-310 and was a bit disappointed with the build quality and the very poor documentation. It took 4+ hours to assemble which was ridiculous. That said, the grill works fine and I expect it to last 15-20 years. Getting stainless grates and flavorizer bars for an extra $40-50 is a good deal. The cheaper ones will last less than 5 years so you will be replacing them several times. Stainless appears to last nearly forever. As an aside, Weber has a restaurant in downtown Chicago. It was a bit disappointing-a typical, overpriced expense account restaurant.

UAIron said:   slickdeal45 said:   Deals4mykids said:   Stainless!!!

Have you owned a stainless grill? Weber doesn't use the 304 SS on this line anymore--it's cheaper 400-series SS. Not exactly desirable.


You should read up on your stainless steel grades. "400 series" is a broad range, and I could select a steel in the 400 series that would outperform the 304 type and be more expensive, or even comparably priced. What you probably meant is "a cheaper 400-series stainless steel" - and it's probably type 409.

I'm not sure how this would affect cooking temperature or other functions relating to the grilling of foods - I am willing to bet it would be orders of magnitude less significant compared to other factors such as ambient temperature and wind velocity (forced convection).

I grill every single day and I'm an engineer, I've put a lot of thought into this lol


So what grill does an engineer use that grills every day?

CptSavAHo said:   UAIron said:   slickdeal45 said:   Deals4mykids said:   Stainless!!!

Have you owned a stainless grill? Weber doesn't use the 304 SS on this line anymore--it's cheaper 400-series SS. Not exactly desirable.


You should read up on your stainless steel grades. "400 series" is a broad range, and I could select a steel in the 400 series that would outperform the 304 type and be more expensive, or even comparably priced. What you probably meant is "a cheaper 400-series stainless steel" - and it's probably type 409.

I'm not sure how this would affect cooking temperature or other functions relating to the grilling of foods - I am willing to bet it would be orders of magnitude less significant compared to other factors such as ambient temperature and wind velocity (forced convection).

I grill every single day and I'm an engineer, I've put a lot of thought into this lol


So what grill does an engineer use that grills every day?


A stainless steel (brinkmann) one I bought off craigslist for $100 with propane tank. It does a great job grilling. Hit it with stainless steel cleaner pretty often to keep it shiny. It's a cheapie one though ultimately.

I will admit that the higher end grills like the one listed have more uniform cooking characteristics to them than the cheaper grills, I've cooked on a few and have been impressed.

I've got the natural gas version of this grill and I can't say anything bad about it. Over a year in the weather and with a quick "Magic Eraser" brush-up, it looks like new on the outside. The grilling surface is easy to keep clean. It cooks very evenly and can get very hot if you need it. It replaced an older Weber Spirit-series grill and the material and extra cooking surface area (along with the longevity of the all-stainless parts) makes a fantastic and enjoyable upgrade.

Webers are the only grill sold in the big-box stores that holds any resale value at all. Sometimes you can snag a used Weber and replace $200 of grates and flavorizers and you've got a real bargain.

After having to spend $340 every 3 years for a rust bucket BBQ grill (Sears and Char Broil were the last 2 ones), I finally got the Weber Genesis 310, Liquid Propane (LP). Read reviews, one site had 92 and every single one was outstanding. (On the other hand, every set of reviews for the $300 price range BBQ all had extensive complaints of them rusting out, even when in an enclosed area, some in less that a year) So went for the Weber at Home Depot. $699 less 10 percent military discount, plus tax, on the Home Depot credit card with 6 months financing with no interest. Went for free shipping as opposed to store purchase which has free assembly but only in black. I wanted the green one. It's hot looking. Contrary to another post, assembly instructions were great and it took me 2 easy hours to put everything together. Just grilled some burgers tonight and they came out great following the cooking instructions card that came with the grill. I'm taking my old rust bucket Char Broil to the dump tomorrow. Also, most of the reviews said that the extra $100 for the stainless steel model is not worth it.

slickdeal45 said:   
I just bought an E-330 from Lowe's for a very good price. $799-10% mover's coupon, -5% ShopDiscover, -5% Discover quarterly promo CashBack. It'll end up being ~$690, including sales tax. That's pretty good. Weber is very tough on MAP pricing. Lowe's is also including assembly, delivery, and haul-away of your old grill for free. They did a good job assembling mine.


I would like to replicate this. You just used a mover's coupon (by signing up on their site?), and you were able to use that online? Basically, Click Lowes via ShopDiscover for 5% discount/CashBack, use the 10% off Lowes coupon and paid for the grill. Then you received free assembly and delivery, and the extra 5% Discover quarterly promo CashBack?

Yes. The online mover's coupon sign up, and then the rest as you described. The coupon sign up confirmation page stated that Weber products were excluded, but the coupon that is delivered via email has no such restriction on it.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014