• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WGJHH2

ACME 00627 recliner comes in light brown microfiber, and is eligible for free shipping, or free 2-day shipping for Amazon Prime members.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

furniture
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You may say MSRP but it was never sold at $743.

knownbad said:   You may say MSRP but it was never sold at $743.

Agreed..as it adds no credence to the deal as it pertains to people here.

"A recliner that doesn't recline.."
"seat foam in place has failed.."

Sure there are some good reviews but it looks like those were first impressions when the chair first arrived.
Once people used it, not so good.

The corollary of "you get what you pay for" is "you can't spend more than you have to spend". So if I've got $175 and I want a new recliner, I can buy this or I can buy nothing and have no recliner. What price other than the MSRP would you morons suggest that the OP use apart from the MSRP?

Last June this same chair in another color was selling on Amazon for $500.

GreenTrash said:   The corollary of "you get what you pay for" is "you can't spend more than you have to spend". So if I've got $175 and I want a new recliner, I can buy this or I can buy nothing and have no recliner. What price other than the MSRP would you morons suggest that the OP use apart from the MSRP?

How about the average Amazon selling price of $265.17? Or the lowest selling price of $159.00?

CamelCamelCamel

GreenTrash said:   What price other than the MSRP would you morons suggest that the OP use apart from the MSRP?

While this might come as a surprise to some..in 2013 people have the ability to gather past price data on the "Internets".

Looking at the price point data on this item:

you have a low of: $159.00 in the recent past along with multiple times it hitting the $179 mark. Math class also has taught me to look at "averages". This "average" is around $265.

It has never been at or near $743.

Given this data, you have two options:

1) Pretend to be a used-car salesman and give the never before seen inflated MSRP to make the deal sound better than it really is....or 2) give fellow members the true story and "real-world" price comparison data.

Your choice.

And bad reviews to boot

GreenTrash said:   The corollary of "you get what you pay for" is "you can't spend more than you have to spend". So if I've got $175 and I want a new recliner, I can buy this or I can buy nothing and have no recliner. What price other than the MSRP would you morons suggest that the OP use apart from the MSRP?

Morons?
Did you notice the person posting this has "was $743" in the title?
It was never $743.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014