• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not just the United States , but the whole world is buying these Nokia Lumia 521's !
Sold out online , but just today restocked in stores.
Of course you will want to check WalMart.com for your availability.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokia-Lumia-521-4G-Smartphone/24099994

Member Summary

lumia
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Anecdotal data seems to indicate that you can call and unlock after you spend more than $50 on this phone when you buy i... (more)

jaimelobo (Jul. 15, 2013 @ 6:01p) |

Just in case, see the HSN deal for $80 for this phone posted today on FW. HSN deal . Thanks to this WalMart OP for a ... (more)

bamadad (Jul. 19, 2013 @ 9:05a) |

good info - I can add 3 more phones to my account on T-MO for only $10/mo. so I may add this for 2 months and then have ... (more)

lemonhead (Jul. 30, 2013 @ 9:32a) |

" Although it is branded T-Mob, he said it is unlocked and showed me how to let it go to the T-Mob activation or signup screen without the SIM Card (You have to cancel 3 times before it lets you proceed). Then you go to the Settings, About (scroll down) and select reset phone to finish removing the T-Mob tie in. I am yet to cut my regular size T-Mob sim to the micro sim size and actually try calling/data features though. I might opt to transfer the account to the included T-Mob. micro SIM." Thanks DaRam
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

no5432 said:   Not just the United States , but the whole world is buying these Nokia Lumia 521's !

What's going on?

In other countries , the Lumia 521 is called is called Lumia 520. It is a massive sellout in every country.
It just arrived about 10 days ago to United States. First it sold out almost instantly on Home Shopping Network.
Then it instantly sold out , online at WalMart.
The features this phone has is completely amazing at this $129 price.

This was on HSN just a few days ago for 150 and was quite a popular deal. No wonder its sold out so quickly.

If you get this phone, can you try to activate it with Lycamobile? It may work without unlocking.

so we need to be on TMOBILE if we take it ? or ?

Based on others' experience so far, locked phones(even T-Mobile phones) won't work on Lycamobile even though it uses T-Mobile's network(as ROAMING only).

You can also use many MVNO services which use T-Mobile's network.

Wow, good thing I didn't pull the triger on HSN.

Will it work on At&t?

Wow, good thing I didn't pull the triger on HSN.

You missed the fun of free mind game by HSN.

Will it work on At&t?

I gave up. I can't find a single WalMart that carries this in stock in S. Califronia

jonesjeremya said:   Will it work on At&t?

Call AT&T and find out, then report back, mmmk?

SSi said:   I gave up. I can't find a single WalMart that carries this in stock in S. Califronia
Ditto for Arizona

Sk8terboy said:   jonesjeremya said:   Will it work on At&t?

Call AT&T and find out, then report back, mmmk?

Wow, that's really helpful...mmmk?

My current phone will work on either, At&t OR T-Mobile.

jonesjeremya said:   Will it work on At&t?

You can get it unlocked from Tmobile after 30 days.

Has anyone seen this in a color other than white? I would prefer a black phone.

Out of stock at every WalMart in the USA. It may as well be two for 1 cent.

Two local Walmarts in my area have these in stock. Unfortunately I'm not saying because I'm at work for 3 more hours and I want to pick up two for my kids and don't want everyone in FW rushing to buy them out before I get there.

May check my local store (to remain anonymous, lol). Is calling to check stock a good idea or will I get blasted around here?

coolbreeze said:   May check my local store (to remain anonymous, lol). Is calling to check stock a good idea or will I get blasted around here?

Yeah, make sure you call. That way the person you call is made aware of the deal and buys all the phones in stock for all their friends.

Lvscott said:   coolbreeze said:   May check my local store (to remain anonymous, lol). Is calling to check stock a good idea or will I get blasted around here?

Yeah, make sure you call. That way the person you call is made aware of the deal and buys all the phones in stock for all their friends.

It was a joke. This is the every day MSRP price, not some secret RUN DON'T WALK SHHH price mistake, lol.

Folks in ATL can check store #3710—Decatur and #3709—Atlanta

they have them in stock in my local WalMart but telling me the system not allowing to sell the phones until next week...

Scored one. Now I reveal my source - everyone RUN!!

They had to go in the back to find it...5 minutes later the guy walks out with it. The manager said he can't sell it because it is "pre-release." I told him the website shows it as "limited stock" and he said "well if it rings up, we can sell it and you can have it." It rang up. Easton Nazareth Hwy in PA location. As expected, the cashier did a double take and said "whoa, that's the price??"

They will sell a ton of these things, which is exactly the trojan horse MSFT wants. I don't really care for Windows Phone, but at $129, it will pair quite nicely as a backup with my $30 plan.

$137 OTD. Between this, my Nexus 4 and the $30 plan, I'm a multi-platform prepaid cheapskate...

Edit: my image is sideways in the preview, but upright when you click. Strange.

The guy I deal with refused to ring... Keep telling me he can't sell it. Crabs...

Please let me know does this phone have WI-Fi capabilities. Also, do you have to have a data plan.

Thanks.

richard9 said:   Please let me know does this phone have WI-Fi capabilities. Also, do you have to have a data plan.

Thanks.

Has wifi (and "internet sharing" too) and bluetooth. I have the $30 plan which has unlimited (4G up to 5gigs) data. The screen is ok, definitely cheap. It's plastic, so no glass here. OS is very fast (no surprise there). Quite the bargain at @129 dollars!

This thing is really nice actually!

The review sites say the 4G on this phone is HSPA+, not LTE. How fast is that?

For those that have just bought one, can the 521 be used as a hotspot?
What colors are available?

WalMart's product page says it has a front camera, but review sites say no.
Which is it?

ElGuache said:   Wow, good thing I didn't pull the triger on HSN.
Saved few $ because of tax and gas... Good deal thought.

It's white. You can use it as a hotspot. Speeds are HSPA+, just like any other 4G (non-LTE) phone. GPS locks very fast. If nothing else, Nokia Drive will make this a great cheap GPS!

Also, no front camera or flash. Picture quality is surprisingly good though.

not in georgia either!

all gone in atlanta stores

Lvscott said:   Out of stock at every WalMart in the USA. It may as well be two for 1 cent.
Picking two up tonight so apparently Ohio isn't within the USA anymore?

Buckmann said:   The review sites say the 4G on this phone is HSPA+, not LTE. How fast is that?

For those that have just bought one, can the 521 be used as a hotspot?
What colors are available?

HSPA+ 42 = 42MB/s

You can purchase different color backs just like many other Nokia phones.

The speaker is CRAZY loud. Like Nextel Motorola loud! Good grief. Makes my Nexus 4 speaker seem ridiculously terrible.

Also has a "glove touch" setting for the screen - pretty cool. You can adjust the sensitivity.

If you live in East Brunswick, NJ, chances are your WalMart has been cleaned out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Nokia-Lumia-521-4-Windows-T-Mo...

Lol. The bottom feeders come out of the woodwork fast!

SSi said:   I gave up. I can't find a single WalMart that carries this in stock in S. Califronia

Ditto,

I went trough 3 of them on my way home and no phone.

Skipping 223 Messages...
jaimelobo said:   Anecdotal data seems to indicate that you can call and unlock after you spend more than $50 on this phone when you buy it new, however since you already have a history with T-Mob, you may be able to do it sooner.

Some have reported getting it unlocked in as little as 10 days, other were told they had to have it more than 60, so it seems to be up to the capricious whims of the CSR you reach on the phone. Only problem some folks had was buying from non-authorize source (like fleabay) and they having T-Mob tell them they wouldn't unlock the phone.

good info - I can add 3 more phones to my account on T-MO for only $10/mo. so I may add this for 2 months and then have them unlock it!
thanks for the info!
will report back when I have something to report.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014