• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco has this TV for $599.97 . Shows it online for $699.97 .

http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-55%22-1080p-120Hz-LCD-HDTV-E552VLE.p...

Picked up this in Lake Forest,IL Costco . Had 3 -4 more in store.

Member Summary

VIZIO 55" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV E552VLE
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$795.04 at Amazon with good reviews.

Not a very thin TV. Almost 4" thick according to the Amazon specs.

This is not LED' which is why it is thicker.

Good price though.

bargainron said:   This is not LED' which is why it is thicker.

Good price though.


Not really. You can buy 55" LG LED with 3D conversion for $720 at WalMart. So worth $120 more to get thin LED and 3D capability. Also, LED color looks more vivid than LCD. Controversial...but I personally think LG brand is worth more than Vizio when it comes to resell.

Doesn't LCD consume more electricity than LED LCD???

fwongsjsu said:   Doesn't LCD consume more electricity than LED LCD???
$21 per year electricity, sounds pretty low to me.

fwhomi said:   fwongsjsu said:   Doesn't LCD consume more electricity than LED LCD???
$21 per year electricity, sounds pretty low to me.


you forgot to add extra air conditioning of the heat LCD generates, could be $20/month extra with A/C.

or, turn down your BACKLIGHT to under ~50% to save energy in non-LED sets.

corba said:   fwhomi said:   fwongsjsu said:   Doesn't LCD consume more electricity than LED LCD???
$21 per year electricity, sounds pretty low to me.


you forgot to add extra air conditioning of the heat LCD generates, could be $20/month extra with A/C.

or, turn down your BACKLIGHT to under ~50% to save energy in non-LED sets.


You forgot the offset to that where you could save $20/month in heating costs.

LG 55inch LED 120hz almost near to this price i see on WalMart...if anyone cares to buy or check it out!

mvkkreddy said:   LG 55inch LED 120hz almost near to this price i see on WalMart...if anyone cares to buy or check it out!
Can you provide a link? All the 55 inch LGs I see at Wal-Mart are over $700.

docjoo said:   bargainron said:   This is not LED' which is why it is thicker.

Good price though.


Not really. You can buy 55" LG LED with 3D conversion for $720 at WalMart. So worth $120 more to get thin LED and 3D capability. Also, LED color looks more vivid than LCD. Controversial...but I personally think LG brand is worth more than Vizio when it comes to resell.

Not all LED backlit LCDs look better than CCFL backlit, but I agree the LG is a better deal.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014