• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wish someone would give me one as a gift. I personally couldn't justify spending $400 on a 22

Not sure how good a deal this is for this particular model of the 10/22, but this .22LR shooter will cost a little more than the WalMart specials because of the quality standards.

germanpope said:   I wish someone would give me one as a gift. I personally couldn't justify spending $400 on a 22

I agree but would be even more concerned with boththe availability and cost of ammo. A box of ammo that once costed $20 ... now costs $80 or more, IF you can find it!

Sonofspam said:   Not sure how good a deal this is for this particular model of the 10/22, but this .22LR shooter will cost a little more than the WalMart specials because of the quality standards.

Amusing theory, but totally unfounded; the guns WalMart sells are identical to the same model on the shelf of your favorite sporting goods store.

Michigan areas has been pretty bad for firearms but I've seen takedowns for $350 from LGS and $380 at big places like Gander Mountain. They should eventually settle back into $300 or less online and $300 - 350 at shops.

They come with a nice pack which is a $30 - $50 nicety over normal 10/22s. Takedown design of these is very simple, takes seconds with no screwing around or special tools. Given the case, stainless barrel, and takedown features, I think they are nice buy at the $300 price point. For $400 you must really want one right now.

I currently have a ~$180 bottom line 10/22 I put an aftermarket stock on, but will eventually add one of these takedowns when the prices drop back down. They are quite nice.

Mags are getting better but if they are still gouging around you just order them from Ruger directly.

DUDSTER said:   germanpope said:   I wish someone would give me one as a gift. I personally couldn't justify spending $400 on a 22

I agree but would be even more concerned with boththe availability and cost of ammo. A box of ammo that once costed $20 ... now costs $80 or more, IF you can find it!

Just as semiautomatic .22 cal rifles & pistols are now coming back on the market and even being offered at sale prices (I bought the Ruger 10/22 base from thses guys for $222) the ammo will follow suit within next 6-12 mos. The reason there is no ammo to be found is that people stocked up heavy. That means that ammo manufacturers will soon find no market for crazy prices as market continues to thaw, since everybody and their brother already has a million rounds of the stuff. These companies are not going to shut down their manufacturing capabilities just because they can no longer command outrageous prices. The prices will fall and when they do they will fall fast.

skansiewicz said:   Sonofspam said:   Not sure how good a deal this is for this particular model of the 10/22, but this .22LR shooter will cost a little more than the WalMart specials because of the quality standards.

Amusing theory, but totally unfounded; the guns WalMart sells are identical to the same model on the shelf of your favorite sporting goods store.
Not big on reading comprehension, are you? If the exact same model of gun can be found at WalMart, then I would agree, and I clearly didn't say otherwise. Problem is, with this PARTICULAR model of the 10/22, I have never, ever seen it at a WalMart. See how important it is to read all the words (those things grouped by letters) before you give them red and post some nonsense, all because your reading comprehension is seriously lacking?

Sonofspam said:   skansiewicz said:   Sonofspam said:   Not sure how good a deal this is for this particular model of the 10/22, but this .22LR shooter will cost a little more than the WalMart specials because of the quality standards.

Not big on reading comprehension, are you? If the exact same model of gun can be found at WalMart, then I would agree, and I clearly didn't say otherwise. Problem is, with this PARTICULAR model of the 10/22, I have never, ever seen it at a WalMart. See how important it is to read all the words (those things grouped by letters) before you give them red and post some nonsense, all because your reading comprehension is seriously lacking?

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean they don't have it.

Henry makes a nice breakdown model like this, called the AR-7. Also 22LR. That caliber is considered best for survival rifles (which is really what this is designed for) because of ease of portability, not only of the rifle, but also of the ammo (a brick of 525 22LR weighs little, compared to 500+ rounds of any other caliber, except 17HMR).

skansiewicz said:   Sonofspam said:   skansiewicz said:   Sonofspam said:   Not sure how good a deal this is for this particular model of the 10/22, but this .22LR shooter will cost a little more than the WalMart specials because of the quality standards.

Show me which WalMart has it then. If you can't then it proves what I said about your reading comprehension, and now you're just trying to cover for it. Be sure and include the link for where they sell it on WalMart.com or pics from the WalMart where they sell it. Come on, big man, here's your chance.

Sonofspam said:   skansiewicz said:   Sonofspam said:   skansiewicz said:   Sonofspam said:   Not sure how good a deal this is for this particular model of the 10/22, but this .22LR shooter will cost a little more than the WalMart specials because of the quality standards.

Show me which WalMart has it then. If you can't then it proves what I said about your reading comprehension, and now you're just trying to cover for it. Be sure and include the link for where they sell it on WalMart.com or pics from the WalMart where they sell it. Come on, big man, here's your chance.

1. WalMart Sells Ruger products.
2. IF they don't have it they will catalog order it.
3. WalMart sells the Ruger 10/22 takedown. QED

decent review here

Please refrain from posting commentary about other members. Play nice. No showdowns.

I have one. Nice if you want to pack it up in the small case it comes with. Main issue is the rail is on the receiver, not the barrel so it doesn't hold zero that well taking it apart and putting it back together. It's not exactly a tack driver anyway though.

I'd buy it again.

asabase said:   I have one. Nice if you want to pack it up in the small case it comes with. Main issue is the rail is on the receiver, not the barrel so it doesn't hold zero that well taking it apart and putting it back together. It's not exactly a tack driver anyway though.

I'd buy it again.
Good points to bring up. Maybe getting a laser bore sighter with this would come in handy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014