• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Nook deal
Disclaimer
Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch - $19.97 @ Radio Shack B&M -- YMMV

Just walked in to my local Radio Shack. On the shelf, clearance priced at $19.97. I haven't looked but I believe sold out on line. This is national as I called another location locally and had them hold a second one for me to pick up tomorrow.

I also understand that the "Glow" version is also marked down to $29.95.

Link here......http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12239738

I landed 2 of them, can't wait till I learn to read.

On a side note, Radio Shack isn't as crappy as I thought. I guess a blind spider finds a dead fly once in a while.

People, you've got to look in store, don't bother on line it's not there to purchase. That's what B&M means

RadioShack
Need a RadioShack coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Didn't know they have such great deals. Great post

powderchick5 (May. 27, 2013 @ 9:07p) |

I don't suppose anyone has a scan of the receipt I could use for a price match?

hpmax (Jun. 02, 2013 @ 8:24p) |

Radio Shack receipts are too old for PMs. Besides, they require an ad, or call the store to check on stock. Either way, ... (more)

aarzi (Jun. 02, 2013 @ 8:47p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome deal. It runs a version of android so you can root it and load apps on it. Great for browsing the web on sunny days outside.

Be very careful as most stores only have one unit.

Not finding the "Glow" version ar the Shack website

did not see glow version online, either. but this is a crazy good deal! going to my local store tomorrow. thanks op!

Have three local RS and all of them have it on hold for the same person.

none within 50 miles

If you checked yesterday, you might want to check again before camping out.

Last night after closing one store in my area showed stock - this morning OOS. Looks like the server updated inventory at midnight.

Wow, what a steal. We've got 3 nooks between us, all different versions. I'd go for a glow if I could find one, but I don't see those listed at all either.

The NOOK tablet was for $59 in store (8GB version). Not listed on the website. I snagged that one. I believe all Nook are on clearance but did not poke much as didn't want them to be suspicious

deleted!

Even you check online the result may not be correct.
I checked online before I went but the manager told me should does not have any...
Maybe she hide the stock for others?

Miami Gardens Drive, would not sell Nook Glowlight in display case.

Said it was a display box, when I asked to lift it weighted ~1lbs and was still shrink wrapped.
So it was oblivious a nook inside but sales clerk wanted to keep it for himself or sell it on eBay.

My Radio Shack was out, talked the local WalMart into a PM for two!

Looks like they got the memo about Microsoft buying the Nook Tablet business this morning

did you successful in PM?

Well "none in stock" at mine, despite the online inventory check. All old pricing on their displays, but I had the clear impression the employee I talked to got whatever they had.

SlimTim said:   Well "none in stock" at mine, despite the online inventory check. All old pricing on their displays, but I had the clear impression the employee I talked to got whatever they had.

Same thing at my Radio Shack in Manhattan. On-line display said in stock, went 7:30 in the morning to the store, the price on the shelf said $59.97. Asked if any in stock and I stood in a location where I could see his computer. They were in stock and he said no. I asked him that it showed in stock and he started making stuff up and just said they didn't have any and to try another store. This was at 42nd St and Madison Ave. I walked out the store, looked back in the window and he left quickly to the store room. Ba$tard!!!

NasdaqTrader889 said:   Have three local RS and all of them have it on hold for the same person.

You must live near me. I haven't gotten out to pick them up yet.

Talked to two stores in Dallas/Ft Worth area. Both said there are none in the DISTRICT.

None in the Northern VA area even though online inventory states they are available. My local WorstBuy refused to price match.

per155 said:   My Radio Shack was out, talked the local WalMart into a PM for two!

LOL, Take that Wally World

The local fellow I bought mine from told me yesterday since I had a $5 coupon at home that if I brought it back today he'd honor the $5 on the purchase. I walked in, handed the coupon to the other rep behind the counter, and he handed me $5 out of the register. Pretty funny! Nice to get this for $16.71 tax and all.

per155 said:   My Radio Shack was out, talked the local WalMart into a PM for two!

receipt scan please?

I scored one in my local Radio Shack (yet I have to go for 3 stores). I also bought M-Edge GO! Jacket Carrying Case M-Edge Go Jacket for Nook Touch for $5.00 (clearance price and regularly going around $30).
Thanks OP and I gave thumps up for you.

I got 1 simple and one glowlight and was able to use the $10 off $40 coupon from facebook

Thanks, OP

Showed in stock at the local Radio Shack but was told that they had none in stock when I went to the store. Bought the last nook tablet for $60. Green for you, OP!

Showed in stock at the local Radio Shack but was told that they had none in stock when I went to the store. Bought the last nook tablet for $60. Green for you, OP!

My local store claims to have the Simple Touch. Maybe I'll stop by later and see if they really do. Of course, the question is do I really need this. My wife has a Kindle Fire that she rarely uses. But for $20 it's worth playing around with to try rooting it.

Anyone have SKUs for any of the three? Simple Touch, GlowLight, and Tablet?
Thanks!

Snagged Nook with Glowlight in NJ. SKU is 4201011. $29.97. Got the only one left in store.

Checked yesterday in NOLA area. None anywhere or in Baton Rouge area

NasdaqTrader889 said:   Have three local RS and all of them have it on hold for the same person.
Sorry bout that.

All of the metro Detroit stores are out. I tried to have BB price match, but they called the store nearest to them, and they told them they were out. Since they are out, BB would not price match it, regardless of what the website says.

Awesome deal for those who can get it!

SecondGunman said:   Awesome deal for those who can get it!
Agreed and I am jealous! None in the 5 stores within a 50 mile radius here.

Head's up. While I called a couple stores locally to see if they had any simple touch readers at all, one of the guys said "we are sold out of all nook stuff." Made me wonder if the tablet may be on sale as well. I went to my closest store and had them scan the Nook Tablet. It rang up for $59.99. I bought it and will research it to figure out if I am going to keep it or not. Seems they are blowing out all of their B&N stuff.

Got a Simple Touch at a RS near 55104 this morning. Had none out on display and the old price tag was up on the shelf still. Asked if they had any in stock, they had at least one in back. Clerk seemed very surprised when he scanned it and it showed clearance price. Prior to knowing about the clearance he said the entire district was out of Glow models unfortunately. Anyone had any luck pricematching anywhere for one of those?

Skipping 27 Messages...
Radio Shack receipts are too old for PMs. Besides, they require an ad, or call the store to check on stock. Either way, it's a non-starter.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014