• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Went to my local store that had it, and they were out (they had earlier in the day). They said they'd had several calls. I suppose I should have called to see if they had it and would hold it for me, but my area is not typically one that deal hunters frequent. Maybe things have changed. The manager type tried to get me to look at the other clearance crap they had, but I declined.

My nearest RS was out of stock this morning, then I went to WalMart, and asked them to do price match. They called RS, but finally WalMart gave me the price!

You got it for 16? I am impressed.

no wonder they are out of stock, Microsoft bought all of them.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/08/microsoft-mulling-nook-media-ll...

I just went to the RS facebook page for the coupon and saw that someone's posted "what's the deal with the Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch?"
Supposed to be in stock in all the stores around me. Will find out tomorrow.
Reminds me of the hunt for free Tivo's

WOW..That's a direct bargains mate!! I would definitely love to buy one.
Thanks.

Picked up a Simple Touch and a Glow. RS site no longer seems to be linking to instore inventory checker.
Got a $10/$40 coupon, cashier said I could use it on a case but ooops coupon isn't active until 5-13 would I like to buy the case anyway? I'll go back after 5-13 and buy the clearance price case that's <$10.

I went the Bestbuy route... call in, check stock, ask to pricematch RS. Sales rep looked up website, said no problem. Paid with CC over the phone for pickup. Ready 30 minutes later.

My local Target had a bunch and had them PM to RS no issues at all. CSR didn't care...just how it should be

Went to south shore mall in MA no dice.

Wife price-matched at Target near zip 98290, but said managers came over after she bought and had "discussion" with salesman. She thinks they won't do anymore matches. Thanks OP.

Update 13 May: Got home yesterday and wife showed me the Simple Touch... It was the version WITH the Glow Light. Awesome! No wonder the managers were peeved. Oh well.

What can this do? How can I get books and magazines on it?
Why should I hack it?
How can I hack it?
Thanks!

Went to Price Match @ Target but was shot down. The sale man told me yes yes yes we price match RadioShack and brought me to customer service. They ended up taking 20 minutes to search online with RS then proceeded to call the manager. She told me that She was willing to do a one time price match but then a supervisor walks over then found out that they were too much of a price different to give me the price match. So they pretty much turned down the match but they pretty much broke all the promises they couldn't keep. The Manager was an Ass about it too. Did not have to give your customer that damn look. U can just tell me No U fcuk. N-E wayz I tried but no luck.

bnzz888 said:   Went to Price Match @ Target but was shot down. The sale man told me yes yes yes we price match RadioShack and brought me to customer service. They ended up taking 20 minutes to search online with RS then proceeded to call the manager. She told me that She was willing to do a one time price match but then a supervisor walks over then found out that they were too much of a price different to give me the price match. So they pretty much turned down the match but they pretty much broke all the promises they couldn't keep. The Manager was an Ass about it too. Did not have to give your customer that damn look. U can just tell me No U fcuk. N-E wayz I tried but no luck.

Looks like RS already pulled this from their website. How was Target able to PM without checking the price for u. Did u had to take a screenshot with u. My Target is strict too, unless they check the price/stock and what not they would not honor, hence did not try this time though.

I have a friend that works at Radio Shack. I walked into BB, requested a pricematch, and was told by a gloating pita manager (run into him all the time) "Sure. IF Radio Shack has it in stock". Just as he was calling the RS number, I called my friend on his cell. He then confirmed to the BB manager that they indeed did have stock. And plenty. "But... but... but... you have been sold-out for 2 days every time I call". "Yeah. New stock came in. Now we have plenty."

I walked out with three - excellent!
The look on the manager's face - priceless!

aarzi said:   I have a friend that works at Radio Shack. I walked into BB, requested a pricematch, and was told by a gloating pita manager (run into him all the time) "Sure. IF Radio Shack has it in stock". Just as he was calling the RS number, I called my friend on his cell. He then confirmed to the BB manager that they indeed did have stock. And plenty. "But... but... but... you have been sold-out for 2 days every time I call". "Yeah. New stock came in. Now we have plenty."

WOW!

MysteriousGirl said:   bnzz888 said:   Went to Price Match @ Target but was shot down. The sale man told me yes yes yes we price match RadioShack and brought me to customer service. They ended up taking 20 minutes to search online with RS then proceeded to call the manager. She told me that She was willing to do a one time price match but then a supervisor walks over then found out that they were too much of a price different to give me the price match. So they pretty much turned down the match but they pretty much broke all the promises they couldn't keep. The Manager was an Ass about it too. Did not have to give your customer that damn look. U can just tell me No U fcuk. N-E wayz I tried but no luck.

Looks like RS already pulled this from their website. How was Target able to PM without checking the price for u. Did u had to take a screenshot with u. My Target is strict too, unless they check the price/stock and what not they would not honor, hence did not try this time though.

Exactly, Target is just about the worst price matching store. I've tried several times on things I thought should not be an issue and I do not remember ever being successful.

Monkeybiz said:   no wonder they are out of stock, Microsoft bought all of them.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/08/microsoft-mulling-nook-media-ll...

Try reading the article, not just the headline. Microsoft is not buying the individual readers / tablets, but considering an acquisition of Nook, which B&N spun off as a separate entity. RS appears to be discontinuing the specific product.

aarzi said:   I have a friend that works at Radio Shack. I walked into BB, requested a pricematch, and was told by a gloating pita manager (run into him all the time) "Sure. IF Radio Shack has it in stock". Just as he was calling the RS number, I called my friend on his cell. He then confirmed to the BB manager that they indeed did have stock. And plenty. "But... but... but... you have been sold-out for 2 days every time I call". "Yeah. New stock came in. Now we have plenty."

I don't have a friend who works there, but I'd be happy to give an employee at my local store $20 to do that. I'd get my Nook and get to screw BB in the process!

So try it.

I had some shopping to do this past weekend and managed to stop by at 4 RS's in the vicinity. None of them had it, and worse, the employees were well aware of the clearance. In one store the guy looked at me like I was crazy and said, "you mean, Nook that's on clearance? We sold out a week ago".

Now the good news is, you may still be able to find it at Sears, also on clearance for $19.99.... see this thread

The Radio Shacks I tried had sold out of them. My sister managed to snag a Toshiba Thrive 10" 16GB for around $130.00 + tax. Too bad it was the last one.

importcf said:   CSR didn't care...just how it should be

CSRs usually don't care...about anything.

Went today to Princeton Wal-Mart with an old Radio Shack receipt. Tried pm. Sales clerk kept butting in about the "difference". Just would not let manager decide, who finally shot it down. Stopped by at Milville location. Ckerk and over-ride manager were both amiable. Bought all four they had. I am going to have some grateful neices.

Didn't know they have such great deals. Great post

I don't suppose anyone has a scan of the receipt I could use for a price match?

Radio Shack receipts are too old for PMs. Besides, they require an ad, or call the store to check on stock. Either way, it's a non-starter.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014