rated:

Member Summary

ASUS Taichi (15.99kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus

why on earth would you pay $1k for one that small...

(that's what he said)

lordoffire said:   why on earth would you pay $1k for one that small...

(that's what he said)

Lmfao

1920 x 1080 on an 11" (dual) screen? Yummy.

Lenov0, please take notes. 1366 is no longer acceptable.

I keep hovering over the buy button for some reason. Someone talk me out of it.

@coolbreeze buy buy buy

corpse101 said:   @coolbreeze buy buy buy
Nah, talked myself out of it. Too many issues reported, even at the price.

4gb RAM sounds low. is it easy to upgrade?

coolbreeze,
what issues did you find that changed your mind?
I'm tempted to get rid of my 17" SB-i7 tank of a laptop to get this this thing...
Bump on the RAM question. I think this thing should have 8 minimum...

Devo666 said:   4gb RAM sounds low. is it easy to upgrade?

seem like you can't do anything to the RAM. http://www.cnet.com/laptops/asus-taichi-21-dh71/4507-3121_7-3547... ( Provided memory is soldered )

svxman said:   coolbreeze,
what issues did you find that changed your mind?
I'm tempted to get rid of my 17" SB-i7 tank of a laptop to get this this thing...
Bump on the RAM question. I think this thing should have 8 minimum...

Mostly issues with screen responsiveness and poor quality control. Read one too many "I'm on my 4th Taichi" comments.

At that price, I'd get a Surface Pro.

I saw this baby at a Microsoft Store. It's actually a fairly elegant machine, however complaints of quality are definitely troubling. But besides that, it's probably best to wait for the Haswell release. I'm really curious to see how much more improved this processor line will be.

haswell won't bring the jaw dropping performance that conroe and sandybridge did. its going to bring power consumption to a level we never could of thought of 10 years ago. broadwell is on the same path, more focus on power consumption and the addition of commercial/desktop DDR4

khmer6 said:   haswell won't bring the jaw dropping performance that conroe and sandybridge did. its going to bring power consumption to a level we never could of thought of 10 years ago. broadwell is on the same path, more focus on power consumption and the addition of commercial/desktop DDR4

Except in graphics - which is probably relevant to your interests if you want a laptop like this.

And that's why Ivy Bridge is undergoing a fire sale right now. Haswell laptops will be able to finally obsolete the discreet GPU.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014