• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076J9RZW

checkout via S&S for Free Shipping and final price of $3.29 for 16 bars of soap.
(or even cheaper if you have 15% S&S and/or "mom").

(if desired, subscribe and save can be cancelled after product ships)

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Ivory Original Soap
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Not really. It's still there, albeit w/o S&S and as an Add-On Item.

Click on '8 new from $3.99', the offer should be the ... (more)

giselmey (May. 14, 2013 @ 4:04p) |

3 days after ordering.

BingBlangBlaow (May. 15, 2013 @ 8:43p) |

I just got it via S&S. Confirmation email below.
Items: $3.99
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$0.... (more)

thunderstruck (May. 20, 2013 @ 10:00p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Don't forget to clip the $0.50 coupon to get this price ... and FatCash: it shows in Beauty, therefore 3% should post (?)

BTW, thanks, OP!

Thanks op, in 4 one.

Thanks. Is everyone getting a ship date of June 17th?

I have never done S&S before. will they continue to ship item at the lower price or will the price change????? like if I use the coupon and get it for the $3.29 will I always be charged $3.29

In my experience, the price can change. I have always cancelled after I got my first order.

Thanks, in 4 one.

likethemcheap said:   Thanks, in 4 one.You must be SPECIAL because it limited me to 3

Free shipping only if you spend $25 of course.

Great deal, even w/TX tax applied - thank you!!

cyberpitstop said:   likethemcheap said:   Thanks, in 4 one.You must be SPECIAL because it limited me to 3

LOL I dont even want to get into who is "SPECIAl" here. 4 is for in this scenario

Slickone said:   Free shipping only if you spend $25 of course.

Not if you do subscribe and save...or maybe it's free even there because I have my account qualified under Amazon Mom.

Slickone said:   Free shipping only if you spend $25 of course.Doesn't S&S remove that requirement?

Decent deal ops! In for 1 ship by June 10th.

dkong said:   Slickone said:   Free shipping only if you spend $25 of course.Doesn't S&S remove that requirement?
Does it?

In 4 one but have to wait June 17 before I can take a full bath.

DesiVibe said:   cyberpitstop said:   likethemcheap said:   Thanks, in 4 one.You must be SPECIAL because it limited me to 3

LOL I dont even want to get into who is "SPECIAl" here. 4 is for in this scenario
Didn't even catch that lol I guess I may be the "special" one.

Hunny156 said:   Great deal, even w/TX tax applied - thank you!!

Tax? Sorry about that. I'm holding on to my no Amazon tax in Georgia for as long as I can. I'm not looking forward to when it comes

Slickone said:   dkong said:   Slickone said:   Free shipping only if you spend $25 of course.Doesn't S&S remove that requirement?
Does it?
I was not charged shipping and I don't have Prime.

bittul said:   

(if desired, subscribe and save can be cancelled after product ships)

used to be you could cancel right away?

but this is a great price if it stays the same long term anyway

how does this soap compare with Dove/Olay bars?

How did you get that?

shows May 26 delivery for me

stuffedwallet said:   how does this soap compare with Dove/Olay bars?

Ivory is "just" soap. Dove/Olay have many more surfactants and supposed moisturizers that may or may not be best for your skin. You be the judge.

First time ordered S&S... delivery will arrive by May 20

Thanks...

Just an FYI for everyone on the shipping date, you can change your Subscribe and Save date by going to Your Account - Your Subscribe and Save Items and then towards the top of the page on the left you'll see a part that says "Your monthly subscribe and save deliver day is ..." with a Change link next to it. You can click that and change to different days, and for the people showing a June 17th date, if you just change it to something like the 18th or 19th, it will probably switch the month back from June to May. Just be aware this will affect anything else you have scheduled, so you might end up getting things later or sooner than expected after changing it.

how does this soap compare with Dove/Olay bars?

Ivory is "soap". Saponified fat. Fat + caustic = soap. Caustic is the opposite of acid. That means this product is a high pH product.

Your skin is acidic (4.7 roughly). What happens when soap (high pH) hits your skin (low pH)? Acid base reaction that breaks down the NMF (natural moisturization factor) in your skin. You skin contains compounds like stearic acid that form a brick (cells) and mortar (NMF) structure that keeps you skin happy and healthy.

Soap breaks down this structure and causes irritation and worse. The high pH soap eats away at the NMF and exposes your skin cells to the environment.

The acidic pH of your skin, the 'acid mantle', protects you from microbes that can cause irritation, infection, and overall poor skin health. Using soap can raise your skin pH and reduce the efficacy of this acid mantle.

Dove is made from pH neutral components. It is not "soap" but rather is a "Syndet" (synthetic detergent) bar. Dove is pH neutral so it does not break down your skins brick and mortar structure or negatively impact your acid mantle.

How do I know all this? I used to work on the product. I spend months researching the performance of Dove vs soap and developed a few tests that were turned into TV commercials. Soap is nasty stuff for your skin. That squeaky clean feeling? Soap deposits on your skin.

Oil of Olay is basically the same as Dove, just more expensive because Unilever can make Dove much cheaper than P&G can make Olay.

The only bar you should use on your skin is Dove (the generics are NOT at all the same). Liquids are also better for your skin than bars, but much more expensive to use (about 2x as much on a per use cost basis).

BTW...know why Ivory floats? Beause it is 99.9999 pure, right? NOPE! Because they don't pull vacuum when making it so the bar has air in it. IE less product. Nice gimick to make you think it is better, when in fact it is about them saving cost and giving you less. Oh, and it is 99.9999 pure...pure bad stuff for your skin (see my other post).

handsgo said:   Hunny156 said:   Great deal, even w/TX tax applied - thank you!!

Tax? Sorry about that. I'm holding on to my no Amazon tax in Georgia for as long as I can. I'm not looking forward to when it comes

Yupp, Amazon's sales tax now sucks in Taxas ... eh, Texas. That's why I started to look for 'fulfillment by Amazon' items when I order (non S+S, of course, so not for this deal). Those items get the same free, fast shipping with prime and most of the time the sellers are smaller companies from out of state ... voila, no tax.

CTYankee said:   BTW...know why Ivory floats? Beause it is 99.9999 pure, right? NOPE! Because they don't pull vacuum when making it so the bar has air in it. IE less product. Nice gimick to make you think it is better, when in fact it is about them saving cost and giving you less. Oh, and it is 99.9999 pure...pure bad stuff for your skin (see my other post).

Thank you for the info CT yankee. My wife hates Ivory and loves Dove. Now I know why. I am also from CT.

CTYankee said:   how does this soap compare with Dove/Olay bars?

Ivory is "soap". Saponified fat. Fat + caustic = soap. Caustic is the opposite of acid. That means this product is a high pH product.

Your skin is acidic (4.7 roughly). What happens when soap (high pH) hits your skin (low pH)? Acid base reaction that breaks down the NMF (natural moisturization factor) in your skin. You skin contains compounds like stearic acid that form a brick (cells) and mortar (NMF) structure that keeps you skin happy and healthy.

Soap breaks down this structure and causes irritation and worse. The high pH soap eats away at the NMF and exposes your skin cells to the environment.

The acidic pH of your skin, the 'acid mantle', protects you from microbes that can cause irritation, infection, and overall poor skin health. Using soap can raise your skin pH and reduce the efficacy of this acid mantle.

Dove is made from pH neutral components. It is not "soap" but rather is a "Syndet" (synthetic detergent) bar. The "moisturizing cream" is actually stearic acid, that stuff in your skin that you need. Dove is pH neutral so it does not break down your skins brick and mortar structure or negatively impact your acid mantle.

How do I know all this? I used to work on the product. I spend months researching the performance of Dove vs soap and developed a few tests that were turned into TV commercials. Soap is nasty stuff for your skin. That squeaky clean feeling? Soap deposits on your skin.

Oil of Olay is basically the same as Dove, just more expensive because Unilever can make Dove much cheaper than P&G can make Olay.

The only bar you should use on your skin is Dove (the generics are NOT at all the same). Liquids are also better for your skin than bars, but much more expensive to use (about 2x as much on a per use cost basis).

Thanks for detailed explanation. We exclusively use Olay.

Dove is made from pH neutral components. It is not "soap" but rather is a "Syndet" (synthetic detergent) bar. The "moisturizing cream" is actually stearic acid, that stuff in your skin that you need. Dove is pH neutral so it does not break down your skins brick and mortar structure or negatively impact your acid mantle.

Thanks for the details! I'm always intrigued by the research, because at the same time when you live in places like Las Vegas with VERY hard water, and you check out the soap products, you realize what is marketed as "better" soap products are often mostly water softeners (surfactants?) to "soften" the hard water deposits and the rest (minority) are the cleaners and good things for your skin. Having used Ivory for ~15 years after my dermatologist had me simplifying away from man-made synthetics, most of that time in Las Vegas with water softeners installed, you find out that "squeeky clean" is more about the water than the soaps. Ironically, my Ivory soap left my skin clean and smooth, and borrowing my wife's Dove leaves your skin icky (yeh...technical term) with all the leftover surfactants that aren't necessary when you have soft water. To each their own...find the products you prefer, that work best for your skin, and do a little checking to make sure whatever you choose is reasonably safe and you're good to go. Ivory works for me and this is a good deal to get it. Dove works for others and usually Costco has good prices for that.

Great post! I hope it's true, haha. Well, that ruined the deal for me...

stuffedwallet said:   Thanks for detailed explanation. We exclusively use Olay.So what are you doing here?

DirtCheapDad said:   CTYankee said:   how does this soap compare with Dove/Olay bars?

Thanks for the details! I'm always intrigued by the research, because at the same time when you live in places like Las Vegas with VERY hard water, and you check out the soap products, you realize what is marketed as "better" soap products are often mostly water softeners (surfactants?) to "soften" the hard water deposits and the rest (minority) are the cleaners and good things for your skin. Having used Ivory for ~15 years after my dermatologist had me simplifying away from man-made synthetics, most of that time in Las Vegas with water softeners installed, you find out that "squeeky clean" is more about the water than the soaps. Ironically, my Ivory soap left my skin clean and smooth, and borrowing my wife's Dove leaves your skin icky (yeh...technical term) with all the leftover surfactants that aren't necessary when you have soft water. To each their own...find the products you prefer, that work best for your skin, and do a little checking to make sure whatever you choose is reasonably safe and you're good to go. Ivory works for me and this is a good deal to get it. Dove works for others and usually Costco has good prices for that.

Surfactants are any "SURFACe ACTive agENT"...cleanser, not water softener. Squeaky clean is when the surfactant binds to your skin. Water types will change how much, but it isn't the water and it most definitely is not clean. The "Icky" feeling you get after using dove is moisturized skin. That is what your skin should feel like It is not surfactants (again, soaps leave behind surfactants, Dove hardly anything but stearic acid, the stuff you skin needs).

bah, server was slow. repost...

quirky server repost...

I have too much time on my hands tonight... This was an interesting read: http://thealabublog.com/2010/06/3-claims-in-doves-soap-vs-dove-a...

CTYankee said:   BTW...know why Ivory floats? Beause it is 99.9999 pure, right? NOPE! Because they don't pull vacuum when making it so the bar has air in it. IE less product. Nice gimick to make you think it is better, when in fact it is about them saving cost and giving you less. Oh, and it is 99.9999 pure...pure bad stuff for your skin (see my other post).

So are these ivory bars good for our skin? Should I purchase or are they a low quality product?
Thanks

By the way, if you dont recommend them for skin use what can I use them for then?
Dishes lol?

Skipping 45 Messages...
I just got it via S&S. Confirmation email below.
Items: $3.99
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$0.50
Promotion applied: -$0.20
------
Total before tax: $3.29
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
------
Order total: $3.29

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014