Member Summary

Thanks hamspamwich
Disclaimer

Headshot
Thanks hamspamwich
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
LOL! What a classic movie.
Do you know this because you're the King?

voodoomorph (May. 11, 2013 @ 8:01a) |

I'd rather be lonely than have a whale in my bed.

nomonies (May. 11, 2013 @ 10:15a) |

already have one.....oh wait that's my girlfriend

tanner12oz (May. 11, 2013 @ 11:50a) |

Cheaper to purchase (due to shipping) on Amazon: www.amazon.com/dp/B00004YTPV/
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm not seeing a way to get this for free shipping at 4.99.

You can get free shipping for 2 of them at a price of 12.99 each, but it's cheaper to get them at amazonhere.

Too bad it's not a dolphin.

- Pam Poovey

You think if I fill this bad boy up with helium, will it float?

eldustman said:   You think if I fill this bad boy up with helium, will it float?

From the manufacturer's page: Package Weight: 3.23 lbs

You might be able to shave off some weight if you remove the 2 handles.

The handles are nice but whats the point if there isn't a blowhole? Guess those lonely nights will still be lonely.

jonsudra said:   The handles are nice but whats the point if there isn't a blowhole? Guess those lonely nights will still be lonely.

LMAO, haha.

eldustman said:   You think if I fill this bad boy up with helium, will it float?

We actually did fill one up with Helium.

No it didn't float.

Yes, we wasted a lot of helium.

BoredAlways said:   Too bad it's not a dolphin.

- Pam Poovey
Here you go!

Logician1313 said:   eldustman said:   You think if I fill this bad boy up with helium, will it float?

From the manufacturer's page: Package Weight: 3.23 lbs

You might be able to shave off some weight if you remove the 2 handles.

I still don't think that would be enough. Lifting capacity is of Helium is about 1kg to one meter cube of Helium gas. Given the weight provided your are looking about about 1.5 cubic meters of Helium to lift that amount of weight.

From the pictures it has a shape roughly that of a cone, so we can assume its volume is approx 1/3πr^2h. Given the specs provided its diameter is about .75m and its length is about 1.8m; this gives me a volume of about 0.26 cubic meters. Add a little extra for the fins and such and you are still between 0.3 & 0.4 cubic meters and you are still well short of the necessary 1.5 cubic meters required.

ds394 said:   eldustman said:   You think if I fill this bad boy up with helium, will it float?

No it didn't float.

+1 for saying the hell with math and giving just plain old trial and error a try.

ds394 said:   eldustman said:   You think if I fill this bad boy up with helium, will it float?

No it didn't float.

I'd return it. The pic on the box shows a girl on it floating.

dazviking said:    I'd return it. The pic on the box shows a girl on it floating.

Maybe the girl is filled with helium.

Back to the original post...

Seriously, there is no free shipping on this, as mentioned by ds394's first comment on this thread. OP, can you revise your post? ...Or just delete it, since it's several dollars cheaper on Amaz˘n if you account for shipping.

Would that be African or European helium?

respdoc said:   dazviking said:    I'd return it. The pic on the box shows a girl on it floating.

Maybe the girl is filled with helium.

There's really no way to tell, unless we can hear her talk.

Don't waste your time...shipping kills the deal.

No it didn't float.

Hydrogen FTW. "Oh the huge manatee!"

Dotbody said:   Back to the original post...

Seriously, there is no free shipping on this, as mentioned by ds394's first comment on this thread. OP, can you revise your post? ...Or just delete it, since it's several dollars cheaper on Amaz˘n if you account for shipping.

Yep. Sorry folks. As mentioned before, the Free Ship is on the two pack listed on the same page. Title updated and deal cooled.

No it didn't float.

All novelty and fun helium-filled balloons are a waste of helium. One of the more useful and scarce resources on our planets, and it is wasted because some politicians decided that the US needs to get rid of its stockpiles, so it has been selling for much less that actual cost for quite a few years now. And although mother nature creates more all the time (via radioactivity), it is not easy to harvest and nearly impossible to recycle. So now we are approaching the ridiculous point where we might have a shortage, all in the name of free markets and reducing government activities. See here.

Dick said:   Would that be African or European helium?

LOL! What a classic movie.
Do you know this because you're the King?

I'd rather be lonely than have a whale in my bed.

already have one.....oh wait that's my girlfriend

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014