Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Samsung Chromebook
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You must click on the "more buying choices" tab to see the $172 option.

yeah I am amazed these haven't been bought up.
Great price.
I am so close to jumping on this, but it is rumored an updated version is on the horizon with a quadcore exynos and possible a touchscreen.

These are far from nice. I have dozens at work. While reliable, I wouldn't want to spend much time on one. Very limited devices.

Nice touchpad - good deal.

Install Ubuntu on this thing and can run Windows as virtual machine after some work. Great travel laptop. Light and cheap (in case I lose it).

slickdeal45 said:   These are far from nice. I have dozens at work. While reliable, I wouldn't want to spend much time on one. Very limited devices.

What do you expect for $172?

i have one of these:
- keyboard and touchpad and screen are pretty good
- they are essentially instant on
- great quick web browser and great computer to give to your kids to watch stupid youtube videos on
- plex web works great for watching video on it
cons:
I would like this to work better with remote desktop
- logmein.com works, but no F1-F10 keys which sucks
- vpn client is limited with no cisco anyconnect support
- has a citrix client but I could not get this to work with my company's citrix stuff
overall definitely worth $172.

i have one of these:
- keyboard and touchpad and screen are pretty good
- they are essentially instant on
- great quick web browser and great computer to give to your kids to watch stupid youtube videos on
- plex web works great for watching video on it
- very light with better build quality than I expected for such a cheap computer
cons:
I would like this to work better with remote desktop
- logmein.com works, but no F1-F10 keys which sucks
- vpn client is limited with no cisco anyconnect support
- has a citrix client but I could not get this to work with my company's citrix stuff
overall definitely worth $172.
supposedly it will play mkv's off an SD card but have not tried this yet

LongDongSilver said:   slickdeal45 said:   These are far from nice. I have dozens at work. While reliable, I wouldn't want to spend much time on one. Very limited devices.

It's not about the price, it's about what the computer can do. Would you buy a Fisher-Price computer for a low price?

A person needs to know what they are buying. Price is only one component of whether or not something is a deal. How is that confusing?

slickdeal45 said:   LongDongSilver said:   slickdeal45 said:   These are far from nice. I have dozens at work. While reliable, I wouldn't want to spend much time on one. Very limited devices.

It's not about the price, it's about what the computer can do. Would you buy a Fisher-Price computer for a low price?

A person needs to know what they are buying. Price is only one component of whether or not something is a deal. How is that confusing?

So... What you're saying is "this won't do what 90% of home computer users need to do" ? Like facebook, youtube and google seach? No it won't run microsoft word... I have a work computer that I can use or an older desktop I can fireup on the rare occasion...

FYI, count on the "100gig free for two years" Google Drive offer to have already been claimed by whomever returned them.

Nice price though.

Just snagged the $166 one. Perfect for travel (the 12 free gogo passes are most likely still in-tact) - I fly a lot so this will pay for itself.

I buy everything from warehousedeals. Tru FW'r. No issues ever, just the same for less!

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   

So... What you're saying is "this won't do what 90% of home computer users need to do" ? Like facebook, youtube and google seach? No it won't run microsoft word... I have a work computer that I can use or an older desktop I can fireup on the rare occasion...

I'm pretty sure I'm saying what I said--a person needs to understand how limited these devices are before buying one. If they don't, they are likely to be disappointed.

Nally said:   You must click on the "more buying choices" tab to see the $172 option.

I know I am slow but where is the "more buying choices" button.

Click on "Used".

The Samsung Chromebook has become my go-to device between my smartphone and my laptop. If I need to type, communicate, read a document, do some online banking, watch a video, this is the device to do it. I rarely touch my tablets anymore, they basically sit around for the kids to use. I just can't live without a real keyboard for most of my computing yet.

My only gripes are I can't use it for work - can't use WebEx, only can use Exchange web client light, can't easily print.

Once there is a faster (I find the web browsing to be middle of the road as far as speed, even the lowest end new laptop running Chrome browser will smoke this chromebook) version of the chromebook with a touchscreen that runs better apps - either faster HTML5 web apps or android - this will be all anyone needs.

As long as this isn't trying to replace an iPad or replace a proper laptop/desktop, it's a great thing.

Especially if you fly much - it's surprisingly easy to use on planes if you're in Coach, and having the free flight passes justifies the price.

Can you honestly install Ubuntu on this ? If so, I'm jumping on this.

SuperCalo2K said:   Can you honestly install Ubuntu on this ? If so, I'm jumping on this.
#1 google result in less than 2 seconds:

http://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-y...

Thanks. After reading this one, as much as I want to, this doesn't look like it fits my particular needs. I would have gotten this if I didn't already have my tablet.

just received my new chromebook. it was listed as "very good", and there is a fine scratch 1/2 the length of cat hair on the bottom on the case. essentially invisible. i was worried about the google drive offer, but went to google.com/offer and it was intact. the gogo passes don't have a physical coupon or obvious number associated with them, so i suspect they are intact as well. great deal. keyboard is a pleasure to use and i LOVE the idea of having a device that is 1/5 the cost of a mac air and not won't lose a single datum if i lose / break / get this thing stolen!!!

hirodeals said:   won't lose a single datum if i lose / break / get this thing stolen!!!

That depends on whether or not you use the offline mode.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014