• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

AOC 16" USB-Powered LED Monitor
Disclaimer
AOC E1649FWU 16" USB-Powered Portable LED Monitor - Glossy Black is $89.99 + Free Super Saver Shipping (Or Prime) on Amazon.com

This is the lowest I have seen this monitor - I own one and love it. People do a double take when I am sitting in Starbucks with two monitors. It fits nicely in my backpack. Monitor has great resolution and is completely powered with a provided USB cable (Mini USB connection).

From Amazon:

Sometimes you want to take your monitor with you. The 16" e1649Fwu USB Powered Monitor from AOC is ideal for presentations and dual monitor displays.

No external power cord needed! It's all powered from a USB port in your PC or laptop. The 16" e1649Fwu USB Monitor is ultra slim and lightweight for maximum portability. It features a smart stand that allows easy landscape or portrait viewing and has a lustrous piano-black finish.

This monitor offers a 500:1 contrast ratio, 5ms response time and 1366 x 768 resolution @60 Hz. The e1649Fwu USB Monitor is compatible with PC as well as Mac using the DisplayLink driver. It's ultra lightweight for greater portability, making it perfect for business presentations, the frequent traveler, photo frame applications, and dual monitor setups on-the-go.

You may not have heard much about the AOC International 16" wide LED Monitor E1649FWU. It's that perfect monitor for those on the go.

Colors Supported - Greater than 16 Million Digital Input - USB ENERGY STAR Compliant - Yes EPEAT Rated - Yes Dimensions - 14.8 x 9.3 x 1.4 (376 x 236 x 35.5mm) Weight - 2.3 lbs (1.06 kgs)

Member Summary

monitor
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's a pretty good price. I have one of these as well, and it's great! I use it as a second monitor for my laptop when I'm working from home.

Great idea, but a lower resolution than my laptop makes it hardly worth it for me. 1920x1080 with the folding cover/stand like the Lenovo and I would pay double the price.

Pretty cool - I didn't know these existed.

At 8 watts for the 16" and 10 watts maximum for the 21.5 inch these monitors draw well beyond the normal maximum amperage allowed on a single USB port. Anything older than 2011 would likely require the dual port cable to work. Even on a latest USB 2.0 spec that 16" monitor is testing the limit of 1.5 amps.

so freaking tempting... I already have a 7 inch mimo, and run dual 24's as is.

Anyone know if the 21 inch one rotates on the stand? Would love to get it to read full document pages without scrolling.

I have never seen a USB powered monitor, great for using with a laptop in the car..

The 21.5" does not rotate. It can sit like a picture frame or you can use the stand, but cannot go vertical. The 21.5 does not appear to be as "mobile" as the 16"

why carry another monitor when you can connect it to your laptop?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0V108S5365

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014