• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
50 Gallon Collapsible Rain Barrel for $34.99 + free shipping
http://www.thatdailydeal.com/home.php?id=26691

$40 for a similar one on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Barrel-Collapsible-Zippered-Built-In/...

Collect and Use Pure Rain Water!
Water plants without the faucet. The collapsible rain barrel is a cost-effective, environmentally-friendly way to water a garden, potted plants or outdoor flowers without running up the energy bill. Simply set beneath a downspout to capture 50-gallons of nature's purest water - no minerals, chemicals or sediment. Zippered top opening is handy for scooping water with bucket or watering can. Connect hose to built-in tap for watering and draining ease. Collapses for off-season storage. The Nylon mesh screen keeps leaves and debris from getting into barrel and you can use the bottom tap to fill pet's bowl!

• Cost-effective, environmentally-friendly
•Set beneath a downspout to capture 50-gallons of nature's purest water
•Zippered top opening
•Collapses for off-season storage
•Four sturdy metal legs with non-slip feet
• Durable 3 layer resin construction Measurements: 28"high x 24"diameter

Member Summary

rain barrel
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got the larger version of this rain barrel last summer and although it seems less than sturdy, it has held up better than I expected. I intended to drain it and clean it for winter storage but never did. We didn't experience many sub-freezing nights this winter, thankfully. When I went to use the water a month or so ago, there was some growth along the water line (white "vegetation", not black mold) which I need to clean out. Mine is sitting under a corner of my metal roof, with no downspout, and fills up with just a few hours light rain, or in minutes with heavy rain! I never use the spigot, I just dip a pitcher in to water my plants. We live in a rainy area so it's rarely below 2/3 full. In the warmer months I put in a mosquito dunk on occasion, but haven't noticed a problem.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014