• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
KitchenAid Classic Mandoline Slicer, Red

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D6G5HS/

4.1 out of 5 stars (17 customer reviews)

List Price:$59.99
Price:$35.46 & FREE Shipping. EDIT: PRICE DROPPED TO $33.80
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com ($35.09 from River Road Shop, fulfilled by Amazon)

-Adjustable table for various slice thickness
-Retractable blade guard keeps blade covered
-Comfortable grip handle and food guard
-Includes protective julienne blade covers and blade storage container

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

KitchenAid Classic Mandoline Slicer
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got a similar one from the local store for under $10 long time ago without the clear plastic guard. Make a big mistake of not using the handle when slicing an apple and almost sliced half of my thumb off.

HKSturboKid said:   I got a similar one from the local store for under $10 long time ago without the clear plastic guard. Make a big mistake of not using the handle when slicing an apple and almost sliced half of my thumb off.

Yikes! If you don't have one already, you might to consider a protective glove: www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-k...

in 4 1 thank u op

you need the glove in addition to the guard??

OliverQuackenbush said:   you need the glove in addition to the guard??

No, I only recommended a glove for HKSturboKid who mentioned injuring himself while using a mandoline without a guard. If you tend to rush/be careless, gloves may be a good idea. However, with a litle care, the guard that comes with this Kitchenaid model should be sufficient.

The price has been rroping a few pennies here and there since I posted. It's now down to $33.80.

how does this model compare to this one by Swissmar? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000632QE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_...

4.5 out of 696 customer reviews

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014