• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ripped from SD

If your a current Shoprunner member and you missed some of the complimentary year extensions that have came up or just want to add more time login to Shoprunner and the top of your screen will load with the offer.

Mines good until 2016 now

They claim they will NOT use your card number to charge your card for membership renewal.

So might as well get your free year of 2 day shipping.

Member Summary

amex
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
To be safe, I'll wait out my current promotional membership, then enroll (assuming the program is still offered).

chrispitude (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 11:30a) |

I just enrolled using AmexBlue. Newegg is the only one familiar merchant I see. Well it is free anyway.

villagepeople (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 11:34a) |

I think this is a hack. I didn't have any problems with my credit card and then I added my card to the account and a cou... (more)

mcbelisle (Dec. 21, 2013 @ 7:16a) |

Only valid on cards issued by AMEX (Costco, Hilton, Blue, etc)
Will not work with 3rd party AMEX cards (Citi, Penfed, Macy's, FIA, etc)

You can receive a one-year promotional Shoprunner membership if you enroll an eligible Card at www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress by May 15, 2014. An “eligible Card” is a valid American Express U.S. consumer or small business credit or charge card issued to you by the U.S. banking subsidiaries of American Express. All single-load and general purpose reloadable prepaid products (including, for example, the American Express Gift Card, American Express Prepaid Card, Pass, Serve, and BlueBird), American Express Corporate Cards and American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by third party financial institutions are not eligible. In addition, you must put an eligible Card account number on file with Shoprunner during the Shoprunner enrollment process to receive this offer. This eligible Card account number will also be used to validate your eligibility for this offer with American Express and as your primary 2-click express checkout payment option when such option is available at the retailer website. If you have an eligible Card and already have an active Shoprunner membership, you may also enroll in this offer and you will receive the promotional membership at the end of your existing membership. Limit one promotional membership per eligible Card. American Express reserves the right to change, modify, or revoke this offer at any time. For more information about Shoprunner, please go to www.shoprunner.com/memberfaq/.

***You do not need an existing Shoprunner account. You can sign up for an account on the spot and it will be valid for 1 year from that date.***
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got it! Thanks!

Worked for me. Thanks!

I've mixed thoughts on Shoprunner. I'm not convinced they are viable. Last year I used them quite often at Babies/Toys R Us and Newegg. Past six months, I've seen many items from those two stores not eligible on Shoprunner. Defeats the purpose of it.

I hope they add new (and popular) stores.

Thanks. FIA AMEX didn't work, but Costco AMEX did.

Thanks OP! Worked for me as well.

This does make the card you entered the default payment method for "Buy in 2-Clicks" checkout. AMEX must have struck a deal with Shop Runner hoping for a bunch of charges using a AMEX card. You can edit this in your account. I would recommend anyone that entered a rarely used card change this setting so that this doesn't happen to you.

Thanks OP... worked for me as well!

Easy to sign up, and I got the extension.

I wonder why American Express doesn't tell me about things like this, instead of letting me find out about it here.

Worked for me. Thanks!

Thanks OP!

Thanks OP..worked for Costco AMEX

Worked on AMEX BLUE.

thanks. Just got an extension to my subscription.

Thanks. Worked for me.

Does prepaid cards work?

nortotron said:   Does prepaid cards work?
I don't think so.

The fine print:

Offer Terms

You can receive a one-year promotional Shoprunner membership if you enroll an eligible Card at www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress [ShopRunner.com] by May 15, 2014. An eligible Card is a valid American Express U.S. consumer or small business credit or charge card issued to you by the U.S. banking subsidiaries of American Express. All single-load and general purpose reloadable prepaid products (including, for example, the American Express Gift Card, American Express Prepaid Card, Pass, Serve, and BlueBird), American Express Corporate Cards and American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by third party financial institutions are not eligible. In addition, you must put an eligible Card account number on file with Shoprunner during the Shoprunner enrollment process to receive this offer. This eligible Card account number will also be used to validate your eligibility for this offer with American Express and as your primary 2-click express checkout payment option when such option is available at the retailer website. If you have an eligible Card and already have an active Shoprunner membership, you may also enroll in this offer and you will receive the promotional membership at the end of your existing membership. Limit one promotional membership per eligible Card. American Express reserves the right to change, modify, or revoke this offer at any time. For more information about Shoprunner, please go to https://www.shoprunner.com/memberfaq/.

Thanks, worked with BCP...

Got my extension, thanks. I'm now good until 1/14/2015. I haven't used the service since January, but it's a good backup.

nortotron said:   Does prepaid cards work?

Try it and report back.

Anyone try a prepaid AMEX? (I have some from rebates, but I do not have them with me to try.) They would help reduce risk of unwanted charges if they work.

May 15, 2014 is the deadline - got some time.

Updated the summary with T&C

FlyingDelphin said:   Today (May 15) is the deadline.

Updated the summary with T&C
From the summary (that YOU updated) " ... enroll an eligible Card at www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress by May 15, 2014."

You, right - fixed

Thanks OP! I've had Shop Runner for probably 2 years now and have never paid a cent and now I'm extended to 2015 without paying anymore money. How are these guys still in business??

Thanks for posting, OP. Got another year using the Costco AMEX.

No go on my PenFed AMEX.

worked for me......Thanks OP !!

For me this is HUGE. I love this service. I hope they make it.

Worked with my AMEX Hilton Honors card. Thanks, OP.

Thanks OP

Worked for me. Thanks OP

Can someone walk me through "Do not renew option".

Edit: what does the "default ExpressCheckout payment method" mean? Shoprunner is already giving 2 day free shipping, why do we even have to have that option checked, if we r not interested in express checkout. Is there a way to uncheck that option. Just want to be cautions, so that the shipping would not be charged to AMEX, for some reason we happen to choose/click express method during check out unknowingly.

TIA

turtlebug said:   Thanks for posting, OP. Got another year using the Costco AMEX.

Same here. Your membership will end on 6/12/2015.

Looks like I just found another use for an AMEX Gold Card that I am about to cancel after cashing out 50K MR.

The whole process took 60 seconds - ridiculously easy. Great find!

I have the same question as edBrdFfCvUybhoLfkqvi - why didn't AMEX tell us about this?

I guess you only get one extension regardless of how many eligible cards you have?

MrWizzard said:   The whole process took 60 seconds - ridiculously easy. Great find!

I have the same question as edBrdFfCvUybhoLfkqvi - why didn't AMEX tell us about this?

AMEX may communicate it out, but we are too fast.

Thanks OP, got one more year.

Skipping 164 Messages...
I think this is a hack. I didn't have any problems with my credit card and then I added my card to the account and a couple days later it got hacked. I haven't used the card anywhere else in a few months

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014