• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Swiftkey Keyboard or Swiftkey Tablet Keyboard are both 50% off. $1.99 each on Google Play. I have them both and they are exceptional. Swiftkey

Member Summary

swiftkey
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Wow thanks so much. I didn't know this type of product was available. I have just tried the free trial version for tab... (more)

remmymom (May. 18, 2013 @ 8:34a) |

I agree, I tried a friends blackberry Q10 and the keyboard is amazing. The keys were very easy to type super fast and a... (more)

gte166n (May. 25, 2013 @ 3:26a) |

Split keyboard works with my phone too. Even the go keyboard has the split function. Dictionary and the numeric keyboard... (more)

rockymast (May. 25, 2013 @ 4:25a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yet we still can't get the stupid developers to realize that there needs to be more space between the keys on a virtual keyboard. It is better to hit a space and type nothing, than to hit the wrong key and have the added work of having to backspace to remove the wrong letter.

use Swype. It's infinitely more useful

I love Swiftkey. It's the only app I don't regret having paid for.

As for the space between the keys, I've found it to be a virtual non-issue with Swiftkey's predictive typing; it guesses not only what word you're currently typing / swiping, but also which words you'll be most likely to type next.

It's not for everyone, though.

GreenTrash said:   use Swype. It's infinitely more useful

Swift Key has "Flow" now which allows you to swype or type. I'm still faster with the predictive text of swift key versus swype.

This is a way better keyboard then any other stock android keyboard. Also gets better with time as it learns from what you text. I often hit 3 or 4 keys to type short texts because I say a lot of the same thing.

Lvscott said:   Yet we still can't get the stupid developers to realize that there needs to be more space between the keys on a virtual keyboard. It is better to hit a space and type nothing, than to hit the wrong key and have the added work of having to backspace to remove the wrong letter.

you know that's just a setting in swiftkey right? All you do is say you want the space to either enter a space or to type the next predicted word or complete the current word.

I've been cheap and using the phone version on my tablet. It works but it's not pretty. Thanks OP.

I've tried Swype as well as Swiftkey with Flow, it probably has to due with the way I hold my phone (SGII, maybe I have small hands?) but normal typing with Switftkey works best for me.

I've held off on telling corporate to order me a new phone, as I demand a -physical- keyboard. I've just about given up that I'll find a rugged phone with a decent size screen with an Android OS.

Then I ran across this keyboard add-on, and am serious considering it + a Galaxy III or IV.

Spend some time with Swiftkey and I defy you to go back to the stock Android keyboard. Nice opportunity to pick up an indispensable part of owning an Android--I wonder why Google doesn't just buy them already.

awillc said:   Swiftkey Keyboard or Swiftkey Tablet Keyboard are both 50% off. $1.99 each on Google Play. I have them both and they are exceptional. Swiftkey


I second that emotion.

GreenTrash said:   use Swype. It's infinitely more useful


Swype didn't seem to work very well on my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze. I switched to Swiftkey since I was using it on my last phone.

Logan71 said:   I've held off on telling corporate to order me a new phone, as I demand a -physical- keyboard. I've just about given up that I'll find a rugged phone with a decent size screen with an Android OS.

Then I ran across this keyboard add-on, and am serious considering it + a Galaxy III or IV.



I'll check out that site.

Recently switched from Swiftkey to Swype.

Both are great keyboards. My only real complaint with Swiftkey was that they went a little overboard when it came to "purifying" their dictionary to avoid you inadvertently typing naughty words.

At first this was funny, but when it started assuming words as innocent as "breast" were typos it got a little irritating! In time (and with repeated usage) it finally started defaulting to these words, but not before wasting a lot of my time having to retype such words after Swiftkey "corrected" them.

how long is this deal for?

Other than "limited time", no further info.

I've used both Swiftkey and Swype for about 3 months each. I found Swype about twice as likely to choose the correct word as Swiftkey. Also since Swiftkey suggests the next word instead of the current word it takes an extra click to back up and correct the last word if it was wrong. Those two things together combined to drastically slow my input speed when using Swiftkey.

peste386 said:   I've used both Swiftkey and Swype for about 3 months each. I found Swype about twice as likely to choose the correct word as Swiftkey. Also since Swiftkey suggests the next word instead of the current word it takes an extra click to back up and correct the last word if it was wrong.That's not how it works for me. It's always suggesting the current word. Once you finish the word, it will suggest the next word based on what it has learned from your previous usage.

If you haven't tried it, the Tablet version has a great split keyboard (it is a separate purchase, but also on sale). It works much much better than stock on my Xoom.

Selects the current word for me. Agree with billrubin the NEXT word is based on usage.

Logan71 said:   I've held off on telling corporate to order me a new phone, as I demand a -physical- keyboard. I've just about given up that I'll find a rugged phone with a decent size screen with an Android OS.

Then I ran across this keyboard add-on, and am serious considering it + a Galaxy III or IV.


Check out the new blackberry Q10. It has the best physical keyboard.

Wow thanks so much. I didn't know this type of product was available. I have just tried the free trial version for tablet and love it.

hoodrep said:   Logan71 said:   I've held off on telling corporate to order me a new phone, as I demand a -physical- keyboard. I've just about given up that I'll find a rugged phone with a decent size screen with an Android OS.

Then I ran across this keyboard add-on, and am serious considering it + a Galaxy III or IV.


Check out the new blackberry Q10. It has the best physical keyboard.


I agree, I tried a friends blackberry Q10 and the keyboard is amazing. The keys were very easy to type super fast and accurately with. With a great easy resistance which made it a pleasure to type on. It sold me on waiting for the Q10's USA release next month. I'm definitely buying one.

awillc said:   If you haven't tried it, the Tablet version has a great split keyboard (it is a separate purchase, but also on sale). It works much much better than stock on my Xoom.

Split keyboard works with my phone too. Even the go keyboard has the split function. Dictionary and the numeric keyboard stand out for me.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014