• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I received a letter in the mail from Comcast that they are selecting certain customers for the free speed upgrade. You have to call their promotion line 1-855-382-3670 and say that you received a letter in the mail for a free upgrade to 50Mbps Blast Tier with a 2 year agreement. Several of my friends who did not receive this notice were also able to take advantage of this offer. The only catch is that you have to stay with Comcast internet for 24 months or there is a $75 early termination fee and the fee goes down by $7.50 after every 3 months. You also have 30 days to cancel the upgrade without any ETF.

Edit: I received this offer in Atlanta area, so not sure about other states. It's a 1800 number, so thinking it might be national.

picture of letter:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5r8Ix4FnDpYckxDTHFDTERjN2s/view?pli=1&sle=true

Member Summary

Comcast - Free 50mbps Blast Upgrade
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Another Sac user here. My deal is up and I'm paying out the wazoo. Anybody get decent pricing out of them? Don't care... (more)

cnccnc (Jul. 19, 2013 @ 4:56p) |

Talk to retention folks directly by choosing menu option to stop service. I politely spoke the truth that I wanted to ch... (more)

xcougar (Jul. 19, 2013 @ 5:13p) |

what was the promo you received from att? my internet is going up too and ive been a customer for several years ... tire... (more)

dreamer4ever88 (Jul. 20, 2013 @ 11:53p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Internet prices depend heavily on your region and while I doubt it's notional, it's worth a try.

called 2 times and was told that my name is not on their mailing list, seems for targeted customers only

How much you pay for month? I got the free upgrade the last time I called for a discount, which they said there was no discount but they can upgrade me for free. I much rather get the discount.

I got the offer in Portland, OR so it is either national or specific markets nationally.

No go in Memphis, TN

I got an email about being a "loyal customer" and got a free upgrade to the 100mb/s option for 3 months. Need to get a docsis 3.0 modem before i can experience the speed though

No go here either.. I am out of the 1-year special and am paying $64.95/25mbps service. Not sure I would notice difference in speed at 50mbps for what I do anyway.

What city are you in, Robby?

I'd put YMMV in the title to avoid Red.

tedteddy said:   What city are you in, Robby?
Chicago area.

They upgraded the speeds in my neighborhood (Ft. Lauderdale area) for everyone for free. I went from 25 to 50Mbps for free Had to invest in a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, but was def worth it.

For long time customers, via the retentions department, Comcast is running another offer for blast (50mbs) internet and digital economy cable for $49.99 for 1 year, no commitments. Had to call couple times before I could get to the correct department which offered me this.

Btw, I am in Chicago area.

In SF, they have $39.99 Performance for 1 year (no commitment) + free 6 month Blast (50Mbps) upgrade.

Im in Murfreesboro, Tn and am getting 50Mbps for $39.99. They didn't say it was 6 months though. I was paying $62.99 for 20. Just called in and it was no problem. Actually I didn't think they gave me any promotion until I checked speeds later that day.

I got upgraded last month from 32Mbps (real~22Mbps) to 50Mbps, but I was already on Blast with Limited Basic for the past 3 years @ $45/month.

siriusoracle said:   For long time customers, via the retentions department, Comcast is running another offer for blast (50mbs) internet and digital economy cable for $49.99 for 1 year, no commitments. Had to call couple times before I could get to the correct department which offered me this.

Btw, I am in Chicago area.

Thanks, going to try that route.. don't need the cable TV service, but I can just ignore it and save $12/month. When I tried the upgrade route telephone number, they offered me 50mbps for $72.95! ($10 more than I am paying for 25mbps)

blueis300 said:   Im in Murfreesboro, Tn and am getting 50Mbps for $39.99. They didn't say it was 6 months though. I was paying $62.99 for 20. Just called in and it was no problem. Actually I didn't think they gave me any promotion until I checked speeds later that day.

Blast Internet for non-cable subscriber
After first 6 months, monthly service charge goes from $39.99 to $54.99 for months 7-12. After 12 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular charges apply. Comcast’s current monthly service charge for Blast!® ranges from $52.95 to $72.95, and may vary depending on your area and other Comcast services

geniusjacky said:   In SF, they have $39.99 Performance for 1 year (no commitment) + free 6 month Blast (50Mbps) upgrade.

Did you go to the local Comcast store or just called them up?
If called, which number have you dialed? I'm also in SF.

Thanks in advance.

i'm in sacramento california. i've received a letter yesterday from xfinity with a nice credit card size plastic informing me about an exclusive offer to get an internet speed upgrade for 2 full years at no additional monthly cost with a two-year agreement. so i called this number 1-855-431-8610 to claim the offer. spoke to a rep who later explained it will cost me $20 more per month to take advantage of the free upgrade at no additional monthly cost...now why would comcast sent me a letter with a bogus offer??

fatwalletboy168 said:   i'm in sacramento california. i've received a letter yesterday from xfinity with a nice credit card size plastic informing me about an exclusive offer to get an internet speed upgrade for 2 full years at no additional monthly cost with a two-year agreement. so i called this number 1-855-431-8610 to claim the offer. spoke to a rep who later explained it will cost me $20 more per month to take advantage of the free upgrade at no additional monthly cost...now why would comcast sent me a letter with a bogus offer??
Stinky marketing strategy.
Hate that.

fatwalletboy168 said:   i'm in sacramento california. i've received a letter yesterday from xfinity with a nice credit card size plastic informing me about an exclusive offer to get an internet speed upgrade for 2 full years at no additional monthly cost with a two-year agreement. so i called this number 1-855-431-8610 to claim the offer. spoke to a rep who later explained it will cost me $20 more per month to take advantage of the free upgrade at no additional monthly cost...now why would comcast sent me a letter with a bogus offer??

Same thing happened to me and I am in Sac, too.

that sucks. i'm in the sacramento area too. my contact is up and i've been tryin to find a deal but nothing coming up so far. are you guys getting any offers at all? i havent gotten anything in the mail for any specials

Comcrap just started scrambling limited basic here which really screwed up my TV setup. I had that and 20mbps internet for around $70 a month. The TV portion was listed as $18 and change. They sent me a SD digital adapter which I have no interest in. Stopped at the local office to turn it in and after trying unsuccessfully to convince me to keep it they readjusted my bill. Said it'll only be $5 cheaper than before due to the bundling discount I was receiving. What a scam. Trying to decide if I can make do with 3mbps Verizon.

I got a letter saying our neighborhood recently recieved a free speed upgrade, but need a new modem to take advantage of this. Not sure if it is a DOCSIS 3.0 they want to give out so they can have more throttle control, or if it is a legitimate swap. I currently have voice too, so it is one of their dual function modems. The letter did say though, that the new modems don't contain a battery backup, but CAN BE purchased separately.

My guess is they want to tell me I'm getting faster speeds, so they have more control & try to take a few more dollars for a service (battery backup) that I already have.

Another Sac user here. My deal is up and I'm paying out the wazoo. Anybody get decent pricing out of them? Don't care about cable. I just want the lowest price for the next tier above 6Mbps.

Talk to retention folks directly by choosing menu option to stop service. I politely spoke the truth that I wanted to check if they have any offers before going with ATT's recent promotion. They gave me what is offered for 6 months to new customers on the website at 29$. But they gave me a year, no contract or fee, for 6M tier--internet only, which is exactly what I need. Took no effort, pushing maybe one can get more. I had called ATT first and had a letter from them with lukewarm packages but I do not need double/triple play.

what was the promo you received from att? my internet is going up too and ive been a customer for several years ... tired of the gouging.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014