• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received this e-mail today and promptly picked up two iPhone 5 units for ($99.99+ $30 activ.fee + tax)*2 at the local Verizon wireless store.

Targeted offer. YMMV

"Exclusively for <name>: Upgrade to iPhone 5 today. Save $100.

Exclusive offer for your mobile number ending in: nnnn
Save $100.
Hurry, limited time offer.
Upgrade Now
Or Call 866.312.7537

Available only if customer has not upgraded in last 180 days. New 2-yr. renewal required.
Activation/upgrade fee/line: up to $35. IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION: Subject to Cust Agmt, Calling Plan, & credit approval. Up to $175 early termination fee ($350 for advanced devices). Offers & coverage, varying by svc, not available everywhere; see vzw.com. While supplies last. Restocking fee may apply. Limited time offer. In CA: Sales tax based on full retail price of phone. In MA: Sales tax based on Verizon Wirelessí cost of a device purchased at a discount with service."

Verizon Wireless
See Verizon Wireless promo codes that earn Up to $75.00 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Apple iPhone 5
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what state?

New Jersey

spater said:   what state?

I got the same offer ($100 off iPhone 5 and also noticed $50 off 4s)once I signed in to my account at VZW.com. Ordered the 16gb iPhone 5 in white for store-pick. So far all looks good. Thanks.

Picked up the White 16gb iPhone 5 today @ $99 + fees + taxes as advertised. All went smoothly. No suprises.

Not to troll, but is this really a great deal? WWDC is in another week, and the next iPhone is expected to launch within the next 45-90 days.

I guess if you need a VZW iPhone 5 now it's OK, but if you don't, why wouldn't you wait until after WWDC to make a decision?

Can someone explain the Smartphone Monthly Line Access on Share Everything Plans: $40 ????

I need a smartphone. (Iphone 5 or GS4)
I'm interested in the 2 GB Shared Data Unlimited Talk & Text: $60.00.
$100 a month (UT&T W/2GB & line access fee) seems pretty outrageous!!

Jes1 said:   Can someone explain the Smartphone Monthly Line Access on Share Everything Plans: $40 ????

Sure!
It would be 40$ for the smartphone base fee
Then 60$ for the Unlomited Text and talk with 2gb data
100$ plus tax. Outrageous I know.

I would buy the phone outright and do either straightalk 45$ a month unlimited everything or PagePlus

Alamo,
My situation is that I have a new job and travel on occasion.
When I do, my current service(T-Mobile)does not have coverage in those areas. I am force to get a Verizon Phone.
I was thinking a I-phone 4S 32GB.
Does straightalk or PagePlus use Verizon towers??
Can I buy one from Craigslist and activate it with ST or PP?
Thank you.

Jes1 said:   Alamo,
When I do, my current service(T-Mobile)does not have coverage in those areas. I am force to get a Verizon Phone.
Can I buy one from Craigslist and activate it with ST or PP?
Thank you.

If you travel not too often then you can combine T-Mobile and Verizon.

T-Mobile:
Unlimited Text, Voice, and data (500 MB 4G) = $50
Also, T-Mobile's coverage should have improved a bit since now they have a roaming agreement with AT&T for their 1900 Mhz band.

In addition, as a backup, you can use a Verizon Prepaid Hotspot starting at $15/week for 250 MB (pay only when you travel)

If you find yourself in an area without coverage you can turn on the hotspot and do WiFi calling.

Of course, if you travel frequently this alternative might not be for you.

Just tried and although my line was last upgraded in September, they would not honor this deal. In CA. As OP mentions, YMMV.

Jes1 said:   Alamo,

The Straight Talk iPhone 5 uses Verizon out of the box (only 3G, no LTE), but it's unlocked for any SIM card.

Jes1 said:   Can someone explain the Smartphone Monthly Line Access on Share Everything Plans: $40 ????

It is outrageous, which is why a lot of us have Straight Talk, Pageplus, Virgin Mobile, etc

I want it....... It's cheap

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014