Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Sceptre 40 Class (38.5" viewable)LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I love my sceptre tv. I have the 42" which, if I remember correctly, had more HD inputs. I paid $349 for mine a year ago and have been very happy with it.

I bought this TV last year from Newegg at $270 (free shipping). The screen is nice, colors look great and have not had any problems with it.

IIRC, manufacturers claiming a "class" instead of actual screen size must vary no more than a half-inch from the class size claim, So I don't know how they are getting away with this HDTV claiming "40-inch 'Class'" but only 38.5" actual viewing area. Should be an inch larger viewing area, minimum.

I got this from Newegg too and am very happy with it. Many reviews mention bad sound quality. I'm no audiophile, but they're right. The built-in speakers are incredibly bad. We don't use them and I think most would not be very happy with them.

reasonable price!

Great TV, but the built in speakers really are junk. I have added USB powered PC speakers to mine. The sound quality is now far better and because they use the power direct from the TV's USB port, I don't have to turn them on and off manually. Easy fix for an otherwise great TV.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014