Nexus 4 16gb Tmobile upgrade $80

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is not listed on their site anymore (says out of stock if you can find it)

The B&M stores are pulled from shelves, but have cellular guys check their stock, and they will likely have a few in their office that they can pull for you. I bought two upgrades for myself and girlfriend for $80 each (2 year agreement of course). Yeah I know you can buy directly from Google for $350 sans contract, but we are very happy with our plan, and not leaving TMo anytime soon.

I cant insert link because it does not show up, but call your local Costco, or stop by, and have them check inventory on these.

$80 for the best Android phone on the market is hard to beat.

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile promo codes that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nexus 4 16gb Tmobile
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For many, the $30/month plan with phone purchased from Google makes a lot more sense. How much do you spend over 24 months with a contract phone vs. $710 non contract? Of course, if you talk a lot, contract might be cheaper but I rarely exceed 25 minutes and never went over 60.

TheBigCheese said:   For many, the $30/month plan with phone purchased from Google makes a lot more sense. How much do you spend over 24 months with a contract phone vs. $710 non contract? Of course, if you talk a lot, contract might be cheaper but I rarely exceed 25 minutes and never went over 60. Correct, plus there are no taxes, plus you can easily get the cost down under $26/month if you look carefully. It's the best cellular deal on the planet ***IF*** T-Mo works for you. No problem anywhere here in NY & NJ but other areas may be bad.

I thought they no longer offered contracts at all?

This is through Costco, not T-Mobile directly, thus the 2-year contract.

av911 said:   This is through Costco, not T-Mobile directly, thus the 2-year contract.
I hope this device will still work with t-zones $5.99 or $5 data plan.

all the new N4 are now blocked

Earlier this month I bought the Nexus 4 from Google, and signed up with T-Mobile for the $30 plan. This plan works great for me. The phone is great. For me, it didn't make sense to sign up for a two-year plan at $70 or more per month.

kickerstarter said:   all the new N4 are now blocked

What you mean by "blocked"? Blocked from being used on T-Mobile, or any carrier...?

lebedev said:   kickerstarter said:   all the new N4 are now blocked

What you mean by "blocked"? Blocked from being used on T-Mobile, or any carrier...?

Pretty sure they were talking about being blocked from using t-zones data?

I use the tmobile $30 plan with my n4. I have Vonage extensions from my $10 unlimited Vonage plan that let's me make unlimited outbound calls via wifi or cell data. There is also bobsled, but it kinda sucks.

millerdca said:   Earlier this month I bought the Nexus 4 from Google, and signed up with T-Mobile for the $30 plan. This plan works great for me. The phone is great. For me, it didn't make sense to sign up for a two-year plan at $70 or more per month.
It actually requires $80 per month. Costco has the deal available online:

http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/shop/do/browsePhones/

80-30=50+taxes per month. 50*24= 1200+taxes--likely close to $1300 difference, plus the $80=$1380.
For people who do not require unlimited talk+text and 2.5Gb of data, they are better off buying from Google unlocked. ($392 including taxes)
This way they can save 1300-392+80= 988...more than enough to cover even overage...
The Costco plan is worse than the $50 unlimited plan+ buying N4 from Google Play.
You can get an unlocked N4 without the 2 year contract and are free to walk away from TMO at any time for less money..

I checked again and found that you can get HTC One for $129 for $70 a month with AT&T. That is far better than the TMO deal.
450 rolling minutes + 32GB of storage + 3GB of data +LTE + Beats Audio. Overall a higher end phone than N4. Still, to me the amount of mobile data is still way more than my typical usage. If you need that much you might as well go with ATT instead.

jtroye32 said:   lebedev said:   kickerstarter said:   all the new N4 are now blocked

False. N4 from the PlayStore are not blocked. I'm still rocking my N4 with tzone since Dec'12 and Galaxy Nexus prior. I'm in SoCal near the Diamond Bar area and sporting 20+Mbps DL.

shaolindragonz said:   jtroye32 said:   lebedev said:   kickerstarter said:   all the new N4 are now blocked

False. N4 from the PlayStore are not blocked. I'm still rocking my N4 with tzone since Dec'12 and Galaxy Nexus prior. I'm in SoCal near the Diamond Bar area and sporting 20+Mbps DL.
The saga in the super-long HoFo thread starts here.

Long story short, it appears that N4 manufactured starting 2/2013 are affected, whether they were bought from Google Play or from T-Mobile. Those N4 manufactured 1/2013 or earlier are still working, but there is fear that they too will eventually be blocked.

To check the manufacture date of your N4, enter the IMEI of your phone to this web page.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014