• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been looking for an impact driver, found this online today. Sale? Mistake?
The impact driver kit sells for $129 by it's self, this kit is $30 less with a drill included.


Ryobi Driver Drill kit

Member Summary

Ryobi 18V Lithium impact driver / drill kit
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I went to another store, refused to honor it there too. I asked again to see their coupon policy. After about 5 minutes ... (more)

mbrooks43 (May. 27, 2013 @ 5:09p) |

Does HomeDepot typically accept Harbor Freight coupons, or is it YMMV?

KevinD (Jun. 04, 2013 @ 3:16p) |

YMMV...they say HF is a discount tool store so my HD never takes the 20% off coupon

brotherhpj (Jun. 04, 2013 @ 10:34p) |

Awesome Website for Battery & Charger Comparison - In detail...
NiCad vs Lithuim Ion - Chargers - etc.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

NOT a mistake

Agreed. Not a mistake. Bought this yesterday in-store for same price. Was wondering how good of a deal it actually was. Regular price for the kit was marked at $150.

I bought a 5 piece set of the One+ Ryobi tools about 6 months ago which has both the driver and impact and I've been very happy with them. I don't use them daily, just DIY projects around the house.

The batteries themselves are $40 each, so great deal. The impact driver is worth the price itself.

Jump all over it if you don't already have one. I'm tempted even though I already have the drill (in blue) and the impact driver, and 3 of the li-ion batteries. That's just an awesome deal for $100. I do like the performance of both, especially the impact driver. HUGE improvement when it comes to drilling screws. They're not kidding when they say "no-fade" power or whatever they say. The first time a battery died on me, I thought the driver had broken. One second it was working great, the next it was dead. Now that I'm more familiar with the tools, I can tell when the battery is getting low, but it's very subtle. Probably 90% of the performance of a full battery, and then it just cuts off.

Thanks, I've been waiting for the right deal on this! In for one.

Wow, great deal - just ordered one online and will pick up tomorrow. Thanks!

Same here, but went with the free shipping. Thanks Op

This is the same deal they ran Black Friday last year. I got the set and have been happy with them. The Li-Ion batteries stay charged, unlike the NiCad ones which self-discharge when the tools are not being used.

I've got an old Ryobi 18v set from probably 10 years go (the blue combo set) and I coincidently was just looking at getting some new batteries.

Am I right in assuming the batteries from this are compatible with the old tools?

If so then I like this deal just for the 2 batteries and new charger.

nice! thx op! been looking for a good and cheap set

netoholic said:   I've got an old Ryobi 18v set from probably 10 years go (the blue combo set) and I coincidently was just looking at getting some new batteries.

Am I right in assuming the batteries from this are compatible with the old tools?

If so then I like this deal just for the 2 batteries and new charger.

The new batteries won't be compatible with the old charger, but they are most likely compatible with the tools. You could probably check ryobi.com to confirm.

I have the old 18v ryobi set and the new li-ion set also.
All 18v tools can use the li-ion batteries.
The li-ion charger will also charge the nicad batteries.

Deal still good. The two batteries are what convinced me to buy the set. Great deal. Thanks OP.

I got one of these and used a HF 20% off one item coupon a month back. Time to get another and return the previous one. Much better price now.

Thanks

In for one...great deal. I was going to buy a battery pack for close to this price.

Don't forget to use promotional code RMN5OFF for an additional $5 off this purchase. Also many Citi Cards are giving 5% back for HD purchases this quarter.

Great deal. Bought this set up a couple months ago for $129 after my 10yo 14v Ryobi killed its last battery in the middle of a bath remodel. Driver and drill both work great.

This Kit is the older model Ryobi.. the $129 you saw is for the new model drill

NVstealth said:   I have been looking for an impact driver, found this online today. Sale? Mistake?
The impact driver kit sells for $129 by it's self, this kit is $30 less with a drill included.


Ryobi Driver Drill kit

mrlemm said:   This Kit is the older model Ryobi.. the $129 you saw is for the new model drill

NVstealth said:   I have been looking for an impact driver, found this online today. Sale? Mistake?
The impact driver kit sells for $129 by it's self, this kit is $30 less with a drill included.


Ryobi Driver Drill kit


I am not sure what you are basing that info on but you are wrong. This Ryobi driver / drill kit linked by the OP (P882) has the latest versions of these Ryobi driver / drill tools as confirmed by Ryobi CS. They said it was a HD exclusive bundle. You can read more about it here

i was just at HD and looked at it. Even the HD workers said this is the older model they are trying to clear out. The new model has the light on it. Also, if you look at the review on it, it will also tell you. The only thing updated about this kit is the batteries and charger. This is still a good deal but you should know what you are getting and not base what Ryobi CS is telling you until you actually looked at the Kit in person.

"Be aware that this kit has the older drill with no light, and the older driver which doesn't have the nice new one-handed automatic bit chuck, and also has no lights. Both are also larger/longer versions that I think don't feel as good in the hand.
This kit also has the one hour charger instead of the better 30 minute charger.
That said, as long as you know what you are getting, the tools are still good, and still a decent value for the money, especially if you don't care about the missing features. Just be aware of why it is cheaper and why it is on sale.
The new Roybi drill is more compact than this one, with the chuck much closer to the grip, and has a light on the base to shine where you are drilling. This one has no light at all. The new driver has a one-handed chuck that spits out the bit when you pull it, and stays released until you insert the next bit. it also has 3 lights around the front, where this one has none."

That's good to know. Apparently I have the newer impact driver (purchased separately, so it makes sense) and the older drill (without the light). I have wished that my drill had a light like the impact driver. Still a great deal for $99, though.


Ryobi P822 Combo
Disclaimer

Ryobi P822 Box
Disclaimer
mrlemm said:   i was just at HD and looked at it. Even the HD workers said this is the older model they are trying to clear out. The new model has the light on it. Also, if you look at the review on it, it will also tell you. The only thing updated about this kit is the batteries and charger. This is still a good deal but you should know what you are getting and not base what Ryobi CS is telling you until you actually looked at the Kit in person.

"Be aware that this kit has the older drill with no light, and the older driver which doesn't have the nice new one-handed automatic bit chuck, and also has no lights. Both are also larger/longer versions that I think don't feel as good in the hand.
This kit also has the one hour charger instead of the better 30 minute charger.
That said, as long as you know what you are getting, the tools are still good, and still a decent value for the money, especially if you don't care about the missing features. Just be aware of why it is cheaper and why it is on sale.
The new Roybi drill is more compact than this one, with the chuck much closer to the grip, and has a light on the base to shine where you are drilling. This one has no light at all. The new driver has a one-handed chuck that spits out the bit when you pull it, and stays released until you insert the next bit. it also has 3 lights around the front, where this one has none."


1. I own the P882 kit and have for 3 weeks when it was offered through a Ryobi Nation member deal at HD for $69.
2. HD employees are CLUELESS. I'll take Ryobi company CS over a useless HD employee any day. As noted earlier CS confirmed these P882s sold at HD are CURRENT shipping models. Plus this P882 combo IS clearly listed on the Ryobi tool site under NEW 2013 PRODUCT releases.
3 Despite your erroneous claims ALL 2013 Ryobi HD combos including this one include the NEWER 30 minute dual chemistry charger vs the one hour model you claim. Even the HD product description on the webpage states the 30 minute charge is included.
4. The samller impact driver wish the LED lights that you are erroneously claiming is the newer version of this one is a totally different product offered by Ryobi. BOTH models are still current Ryobi products.

Is the impact driver tough enough to build a big deck with?

cnIsfg said:   mrlemm said:   i was just at HD and looked at it. Even the HD workers said this is the older model they are trying to clear out. The new model has the light on it. Also, if you look at the review on it, it will also tell you. The only thing updated about this kit is the batteries and charger. This is still a good deal but you should know what you are getting and not base what Ryobi CS is telling you until you actually looked at the Kit in person.

"Be aware that this kit has the older drill with no light, and the older driver which doesn't have the nice new one-handed automatic bit chuck, and also has no lights. Both are also larger/longer versions that I think don't feel as good in the hand.
This kit also has the one hour charger instead of the better 30 minute charger.
That said, as long as you know what you are getting, the tools are still good, and still a decent value for the money, especially if you don't care about the missing features. Just be aware of why it is cheaper and why it is on sale.
The new Roybi drill is more compact than this one, with the chuck much closer to the grip, and has a light on the base to shine where you are drilling. This one has no light at all. The new driver has a one-handed chuck that spits out the bit when you pull it, and stays released until you insert the next bit. it also has 3 lights around the front, where this one has none."


1. I own the P882 kit and have for 3 weeks when it was offered through a Ryobi Nation member deal at HD for $69.
2. HD employees are CLUELESS. I'll take Ryobi company CS over a useless HD employee any day. As noted earlier CS confirmed these P882s sold at HD are CURRENT shipping models. Plus this P882 combo IS clearly listed on the Ryobi tool site under NEW 2013 PRODUCT releases.
3 Despite your erroneous claims ALL 2013 Ryobi HD combos including this one include the NEWER 30 minute dual chemistry charger vs the one hour model you claim. Even the HD product description on the webpage states the 30 minute charge is included.
4. The samller impact driver wish the LED lights that you are erroneously claiming is the newer version of this one is a totally different product offered by Ryobi. BOTH models are still current Ryobi products.


1. you mad bro? you clearly seem ticked off?
2. P882s are updated combo kits - p882 refers to the model number of the kit, not the actual drill
3. its updated as new 2013 product release because they updated the battery kit and charger. I have this drill from 2yrs ago, brought it in and compared it to this one. its EXACTLY IDENTICAL.
4. Despite your erroneous claims, you need to do better research before you troll and flame
5. the Impact Driver with the updated lights is actually an updated Model with a new Model #.
6. Ryobi plans to keep this p882 as their lower end version and keep the new updated model at a higher price point. Its like apple and samsung promoting iphones/galaxy 1,2,3,4,5 etc.
7. Contrary to the fact that you think most HD workers are clueless, i find some of them with excellent knowledge because some were former contractors or actually have knowledge of the products they sell.
8. Since when do CS reps know their own products well? Most of them read a script. I actually got up off my butt and checked this thing out to make sure.

skidmark said:   Is the impact driver tough enough to build a big deck with?

No, mine has trouble with 4" deck screws.
I did build a set of stairs out treated lumber with it, but you have to predrill the holes.

woowoo2 said:   skidmark said:   Is the impact driver tough enough to build a big deck with?

No, mine has trouble with 4" deck screws.
I did build a set of stairs out treated lumber with it, but you have to predrill the holes.

Wow, really? I built two platforms (10'x10' and 14'x16') with mine (the newer model with the light) and it had no problems with 3.5" deck screws. Also no problem with some 6" long 1/4" diameter screws for fixing a fence. Those went slower, but they went. I haven't drilled any pilot holes at all.

Now, using the NiCad batteries that are compatible with the One+ tools, then yeah, the impact driver can't handle it. Those batteries just won't put out enough current to do any significant jobs. I cut some 1/2" plywood using the NiCd batteries and only made it about 6 feet before they died. Waited for the LiIon to finish recharging, and then proceeded to cut 2-3 more pieces of plywood before the first one died. About the only thing those NiCd batts are good for is powering the work light that came with my kit.

If you can stretch your budget, it may be worth looking at the Ridgid 3-piece kit. I had originally purchased the Ryobi and took it back in favor of the Ridgid. The main selling point is the Ridgid has a lifetime warranty, which includes the batteries. It also has LEDs on the tools, which I have found to come in handy, as well as battery life indicators on the batteries themselves. The radio that comes in the kit is also very nice and sounds great for the price and includes an MP3 input. Mine will get a lot of use around the yard and out on the beach. Yes, it is double the price, but I think the lifetime warranty on batteries and the added features makes it worth the extra $100. Just my $.02...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-X4-Hyper-Lithium-Ion-C...

i've had good experiences with ryobi tools.

At one time, Craftsman tools were superior. Not anymore!!! Ryobi Tools are really good.

BMRisko said:   If you can stretch your budget, it may be worth looking at the Ridgid 3-piece kit. I had originally purchased the Ryobi and took it back in favor of the Ridgid. The main selling point is the Ridgid has a lifetime warranty, which includes the batteries. It also has LEDs on the tools, which I have found to come in handy, as well as battery life indicators on the batteries themselves. The radio that comes in the kit is also very nice and sounds great for the price and includes an MP3 input. Mine will get a lot of use around the yard and out on the beach. Yes, it is double the price, but I think the lifetime warranty on batteries and the added features makes it worth the extra $100. Just my $.02...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-X4-Hyper-Lithium-Ion-C...


Does this set ever go on sale? With the discussion about tool and battery failure common right after the warranty expires and if this set has a lifetime warranty on both the tools and batteries this might be the better deal.

i have this ryobi set plus a whole bunch of the original one+ tools that are compatible with them. I've used the driver a lot and would be surprised if its not powerful enough to drive a lot of deck screws. so far i'm pretty impressed, though I wish the chuck on the drill was a bit better (likes to back off from time to time).

Ryobi 18V Lithium impact driver / drill kit $99 free delivery get it for $94 using code MEMHD5

brotherhpj said:   BMRisko said:   If you can stretch your budget, it may be worth looking at the Ridgid 3-piece kit. I had originally purchased the Ryobi and took it back in favor of the Ridgid. The main selling point is the Ridgid has a lifetime warranty, which includes the batteries. It also has LEDs on the tools, which I have found to come in handy, as well as battery life indicators on the batteries themselves. The radio that comes in the kit is also very nice and sounds great for the price and includes an MP3 input. Mine will get a lot of use around the yard and out on the beach. Yes, it is double the price, but I think the lifetime warranty on batteries and the added features makes it worth the extra $100. Just my $.02...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-X4-Hyper-Lithium-Ion-C...


Does this set ever go on sale? With the discussion about tool and battery failure common right after the warranty expires and if this set has a lifetime warranty on both the tools and batteries this might be the better deal.


I am not sure...I needed a new set now as my old Hitachi from 7 years ago finally bit the dust. Even at $199 normal price, I still thought it was a good value and was able to get HD to match the Lowe's 10% off moving coupon, so really $180 + tax, which was even better. The lifetime warranty on batteries is really the huge selling point as they can run $70+ for a single battery. The warranty also allows for batteries to be swapped at HD. Just make sure you follow the warranty registration exactly as the manual states...Ridgid and HD can be a stickler for that.

Update to previous post. Used HF 20% off coupon on 2 purchases. Total cost after tax was $84.55 each.

This will make a great gift for fathers day.

Best of luck.

rshaslam said:   Update to previous post. Used HF 20% off coupon on 2 purchases. Total cost after tax was $84.55 each.

This will make a great gift for fathers day.

Best of luck.


HF 20% coupon? What does HF stand for? Not Harbor Freight, right?

I can vouch for these impacts, really nice. Built a second story in my shop with ease driving 6" deck screws and some 3/8" lag bolts(piloting first of course). But remember to buy more PH2 bits, you'll break them left and right with that impact. The ion batteries last a lot longer then the old Ni-CADs. I have about 8 Ni-CADs that are completely shot, but I'm going to try "shock" treatment using a welder on them to see if I can get a little bit more life out of them.

MEMHD10 $10 off $100 to 5/27.

$1.00 filler??

bajallama said:   
But remember to buy more PH2 bits, you'll break them left and right with that impact.


Be sure to buy impact-ready bits, not standard bits. I needed a T25 bit for some of my deck screws, and used a cheapo bit that came with the screws. Big mistake. The impact driver had enough force that it deformed the bit, smushing it into the chuck. Had a heck of a time prying it out. I only buy impact-ready bits now.

Skipping 37 Messages...
KevinD said:   Does HomeDepot typically accept Harbor Freight coupons, or is it YMMV?

YMMV...they say HF is a discount tool store so my HD never takes the 20% off coupon



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014