rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Frozen Planet
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great, keep the free streams coming...

Green for you OP. How do I download this?

To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

Of the 12 episodes, only the first 2 are free - the remainder of the 28 minute segments are $2.99 each - on top of the $80 fee for Prime. Annoys the daylights out of me. No wonder there's so much pirating.

thanks!

MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

Of the 12 episodes, only the first 2 are free - the remainder of the 28 minute segments are $2.99 each - on top of the $80 fee for Prime. Annoys the daylights out of me. No wonder there's so much pirating.

I thought Prime allow you view all these show for free.
My friend is watching Lost without extra fee.
Like new movies or new shows are not free.

awesome!!!thanks OP!!!

MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

the download instruction is for the kindle fire. if it works than yes it will get captured and stored on the kindle fire to watch later.

Thanks!

thanks

Thanks!

WorkerAnt said:   MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

Really???

I've just downloaded on my iPad. So yes..it can be downloaded. Please correct your lack of knowledge on this matter.

Thanks OP.

nice! thx op!

Why did they break each episodes into 2 parts?

docjoo said:   MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

I've just downloaded on my iPad. So yes..it can be downloaded. Please correct your lack of knowledge on this matter.
you should give a link on downloading and second sentence was not necessary. download instructions.

linrick said:   docjoo said:   MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

you should give a link on downloading and second sentence was not necessary. download instructions.

"To be accurate about it...." Obviously, his remark wasn't accurate and it needed to be corrected. He pretended to know it all, but he was wrong. It was necessary to to tell him that he was wrong so that he thinks before he opens his mouth.

Had he said "I think this is streaming only". I would have simply replied back and let him know I was able to download on my iPad without tell him to do a correction.

It doesn't take a genius to figure how to download Amazon videos onto iPad. My 8 yrs old daughter can do it. Or simply google for an instruction. If he is not smart enough to figure it out, then he should ask first before pretending he knows enough to give a misleading information. After all, he is MrWizzard....not.

docjoo said:   linrick said:   docjoo said:   MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

"To be accurate about it...." Obviously, his remark wasn't accurate and it needed to be corrected. He pretended to know it all, but he was wrong. It was necessary to to tell him that he was wrong so that he thinks before he opens his mouth.

Had he said "I think this is streaming only". I would have simply replied back and let him know I was able to download on my iPad without tell him to do a correction.

It doesn't take a genius to figure how to download Amazon videos onto iPad. My 8 yrs old daughter can do it. Or simply google for an instruction. If he is not smart enough to figure it out, then he should ask first before pretending he knows enough to give a misleading information. After all, he is MrWizzard....not.

Agreed. If you post a passive-aggressive and inaccurate statement, don't be surprised or indignant when someone aggressively corrects you.

docjoo said:   MrWizzard said:   To be accurate about it, it's actually free streaming, not downloading. Downloading implies that it can be captured and stored on a drive.

It can be downloaded, but it can only be played back on certain players or devices (which probably phones home to make sure you actually own it). Basically it's a DRMed copy. Not a raw video file that's playable anywhere, like you'd get if you "downloaded" it from a pirate site.

It's like the old Circuit City Divx format. Yeah it was technically a physical DVD, but it had been stripped of nearly all the benefits of a physical DVD. Likewise, yeah you can technically download Amazon streamed videos, but they're stripped of nearly all the benefits of a downloaded video. The only surviving benefit is that you don't have to be online to watch it.

Which is probably enough for most people, but not at all what I and others thought when we read "free download" in the title. I like to toss videos onto my media server so any TV, PC, or tablet/phone in the house can view them. And I re-encode them into a super-small version so I can load dozens of them onto a tablet for the kids when we go on a trip. Can't do those with the Amazon downloaded version.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014