• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

pistol
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great time of year to buy an LCP for concealed carry! The very small size and weight makes it ideal for carry with a t-shirt and shorts, even board shorts or a swimsuit. Remora holster would be a good choice to go along with an LCP. (Youtube vid and Remora link)

Before the usual comments come up about the LCP, I'll address them.

Q: Is it comfortable to shoot?

A: Hell no! The Ruger LCP is NOT a range gun, where you won't mind putting 300-500 rounds through it in one visit. Most folks complain about their hand hurting when they try to fire an LCP like it's a bigger, heavier gun. It's not, so don't try to make it do what it isn't designed for.

Q: Then why would I buy it if I can't shoot it?!?!?!

A: You CAN shoot it, but not like it's some heavy 1911, or even a Kahr CW series (.380, 9mm, .40, .45) Remember, the best gun is the one you have with you when you need it. That's where the Ruger LCP shines, as a gun that is super-easy to carry in almost any situation with about any type of clothing, even highly minimal. You can fire 75 to 150 rounds at one trip to the range with an LCP and still practice gun safety, accuracy (get in close!), and build muscle memory. It doesn't take firing hundreds of rounds every range visit to learn your weapon. No need to go all Rambo. Practice like you will use it - in close, drawing and firing. You'll get proficient from drawing and firing, which is what you will be doing in a SHTF moment in real life.

If you just can't abide an LCP, then you might be happy with a Ruger LCR (.38 or .357) or a compact pistol like a Kahr CW series. The CW9 is very thin and light and holds 7 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe, giving you eight shots.

ETA: Just found that Remora is giving away a free Single Mag Holder with ANY Remora holster online purchase through 5/31/13. Here's the thread for that deal. I have one of these, and it is very comfortable to carry a spare mag and like the Remora holster, the tacky material allows you to place it anywhere inside your waistband and still tuck a shirt in if you want. No coupon code needed, it's just added to your order at the manufacturer, so you don't see the offer in your cart.

Thanks, in for 1 for the wife's bday

I carry my LCP everyday in my back pocket and am glad it is so easy to conceal in a DeSantis Trickster holster. Can't beat it!

Fair deal, but steer clear of the LCP IMO. Horrible trigger. Couldn't stomach it and sold it. Only gun I have ever sold. If you can swing it, the Sig P238 is a MUCH better gun. It was my LCP replacement and I have no regrets. (and for the record I am not an anti-plastic guy - love my G19).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014