Microsoft Surface RT 32GB for $399

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Surface RT 32GB for $399 - At Staples
Linky

Also get 10% back in Staples Rewards when you buy Microsoft Surface Tablets or Accessories

Compare at $499.00 at Best Buy and pretty much everywhere else

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

surface
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I do not think that Microsoft is interested in having a full range of tablet models.

I believe that these two tables were... (more)

xpolarx (May. 22, 2013 @ 6:58p) |

Surface RT 32GB is a great tablet for $399. I have an iPAD3 and a Samsung 10" Tab. I hate the way Apple chose to make us... (more)

addictedBuyer (May. 22, 2013 @ 7:18p) |

I want/need one. While I would prefer a pro, depending upon the price I would purchase an RT tablet. I am a software dev... (more)

ViveLeRoi (May. 22, 2013 @ 11:04p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why is this not hot? Anyone?

xpolarx said:   Microsoft Surface RT 32GB for $399 - At Staples
Linky

Also get 10% back in Staples Rewards when you buy Microsoft Surface Tablets or Accessories

Compare at $499.00 at Best Buy and pretty much everywhere else

Surface RT is not the same as Surface Pro.
S. RT = to HD DVD = Zune = Window Vista = Window 8.0
Window 8.1 is coming out.

Wait for S. RT super clearance for $50 and I still won't buy it.
Nice find anyway. Good price if you looking for this

AzzuriStar said:   Why is this not hot? Anyone?
RT

phatkrazy said:   

fine. i will stash it away as your 50th birthday gift then.

deshwasi said:   phatkrazy said:   

fine. i will stash it away as your 50th birthday gift then.

please don't buy me one. save your $ and donate to a good cause on my behalf.

Because I don't want to dance like the people in the commercial

yesterday's technology today!

Nobody--nobody--wants Windows RT. The people who buy it largely don't understand that they're buying a very handicapped version on Windows.

Not sure what you mean by handicapped. I have an RT and love it! I've tried using other tablets for work and they just didn't cut it. The Surface RT has what I need and gets the job done. For personal use it's great for consuming any content I want and while I'm not the biggest consumer of apps in the world I've found more than I wanted/needed in the App Store. My wife and kids are borrowing it all of the time too vs. using the iPad and Android tablets we have laying around. So while it could be just my family, it's definitely not just me.

Point being that if you say it's handicapped you don't understand what it was intended to do. It's a tablet and pretty darn good one. Comparing it to the Surface Pro would be like comparing your iPad to an Airbook. They are intended for different purposes.

rt is more for work or school while most of the other tablets are for play

CaptainCaveman said:   Not sure what you mean by handicapped. I have an RT and love it! I've tried using other tablets for work and they just didn't cut it. The Surface RT has what I need and gets the job done. For personal use it's great for consuming any content I want and while I'm not the biggest consumer of apps in the world I've found more than I wanted/needed in the App Store. My wife and kids are borrowing it all of the time too vs. using the iPad and Android tablets we have laying around. So while it could be just my family, it's definitely not just me.

Point being that if you say it's handicapped you don't understand what it was intended to do. It's a tablet and pretty darn good one. Comparing it to the Surface Pro would be like comparing your iPad to an Airbook. They are intended for different purposes.

Well said. I own the Surface Pro and the Surface RT. I also own an iPad and the Nexus 7 android tablet. Windows RT is an excellent tablet for consuming content. It's a great tablet compared to the iPad and the android OS. It does what all the other tablets do and more. It has Microsoft Office for those into that.

It's well built, light and has a great cover/keyboard which in my opinion is the best cover out there. The only drawback is the number of apps compared to iOS and Android. It has the major apps but it will take time to get others. Remember that Windows RT just came out last fall. Apple iOS and Android has been out for several years and has built a great app store. The app store for RT will take time to mature.

With the release of the Xbox One at the end of the year I can see integration of Windows tablets through Xbox One SmartGlass as a cool feature.

rogercy said:   
With the release of the Xbox One at the end of the year I can see integration of Windows tablets through Xbox One SmartGlass as a cool feature.

more like unnecessary feature bloat than cool.

Because it is Windows RT and you can't do very much with it. Unless you want something to do Office, it's not the way to go. If iPad's not your thing, there are many Android pads that are far superior.

TheBigCheese said:   AzzuriStar said:   Why is this not hot? Anyone?
Because it is Windows RT and you can't do very much with it. Unless you want something to do Office, it's not the way to go. If iPad's not your thing, there are many Android pads that are far superior.

Also, both the iPad and Android tablets can, in a pinch, run software designed for phones. A WinRT tablet cannot, it can only run software specifically developed for WinRT, not Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows Phone. The only reason to get this tablet is if you absolutely have to be able to run genuine Microsoft Office on your tablet (albeit one that's not particularly well adapted for touch input, and isn't licensed for "commercial, nonprofit, or revenue-generating activities."

Principio ad finem

I have both S.RT and IPAD 4, in my opinion, if you like to play games on tablet, then Ipad is the one to go, if you like to use it for business travel by checking mails, edit office files, surf online, with some useful apps, then S.RT is better.

I'm not a game player and most of the apps I need can be found on S.RT, so, I use S.RT most of the time.

I'd consider a real Win 8 tablet and OpenOffice. I like the Dell hardware, just having trouble with tethering to cellular data type hotspot. Wifi works fine, but just not to a cell hotspot.

Patch Tuesday c'mon and fix it!

499 now

TheBigCheese said:   AzzuriStar said:   Why is this not hot? Anyone?

So you flame a guy asking a simple question?

AzzuriStar said:   TheBigCheese said:   AzzuriStar said:   Why is this not hot? Anyone?

So you flame a guy asking a simple question?

I wouldn't really consider his response a flame, unless you are a drama queen. He was just answering your question. The tablet is worse than Android tablets you can get for $299.

Refurb XPS10 tablet
Disclaimer
beachfitrob said:   I'd consider a real Win 8 tablet and OpenOffice. I like the Dell hardware, just having trouble with tethering to cellular data type hotspot. Wifi works fine, but just not to a cell hotspot.

Patch Tuesday c'mon and fix it!

Refurb Dell XPS10 tablet 32GB RT + Office Home & Student 2013 RT one year warranty free shipping $259

Linked Dell Home Outlet

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor (1.5GHz DC)
Windows RT
Dell Outlet XPS 10 Tablet
32GB Flash Storage
2 GB LP-DDR2 RAM
Certified Refurbished
10.1 Inch HD Display (1366x768) with capacitive multi-touch
Wireless Card and Bluetooth
2 MP Front Web Camera
5 MP Rear Web Camera
125V Power Cord
30W 3-Pin, AC Adapter
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT

KidCharliemain said:   

Refurb Dell XPS10 tablet 32GB RT + Office Home & Student 2013 RT one year warranty free shipping $259

Sold out. It was actually cheaper earlier. (with 20% off coupon)
I was considering it but bought the B&N Nook HD+ 9 inch for $179 instead. Much better screen, lighter, and many apps being Android.
Windows RT is only good if you intend to do mainly Office and web browsing. For content consumption it is not ideal...
I use tablets for reading and gaming. Surface RT has a 1366x768 display....while Nook HD+ has a 1920x1280 display.
And none of the games I like are available on Windows RT.

I'm surprised this thing isn't closer to $300 yet. Microsoft really needs to build more market share if they want to be successful in the tablet market. It seems like a lot of the people with Windows Phone/RT devices really like them, and I'm sure that it could seriously compete with iOS and Android. But what about others who might be reluctant to buy one because of lack of third-party software, worries about future support if the platform fails (due to slow sales), or simply because other phones are what they're familiar with and what all their friends use? It might be good for them to give some incentive to choose the $400-500 Surface over the cheaper Android tablet or similarly expensive iPad.

Nokia recently released a low-end Lumia model in the US, which sells for ~$130 with no contract on T-Mobile prepaid. That's definitely a good start, and a pretty good competitor to the Android phones (or used iPhones) you'll find in that price range. Why not find a way to offer a low-priced Windows RT tablet?

scottxmso said:   I'm surprised this thing isn't closer to $300 yet. Microsoft really needs to build more market share if they want to be successful in the tablet market. It seems like a lot of the people with Windows Phone/RT devices really like them, and I'm sure that it could seriously compete with iOS and Android. But what about others who might be reluctant to buy one because of lack of third-party software, worries about future support if the platform fails (due to slow sales), or simply because other phones are what they're familiar with and what all their friends use? It might be good for them to give some incentive to choose the $400-500 Surface over the cheaper Android tablet or similarly expensive iPad.

Nokia recently released a low-end Lumia model in the US, which sells for ~$130 with no contract on T-Mobile prepaid. That's definitely a good start, and a pretty good competitor to the Android phones (or used iPhones) you'll find in that price range. Why not find a way to offer a low-priced Windows RT tablet?

I do not think that Microsoft is interested in having a full range of tablet models.

I believe that these two tables were created to set minimum standards for other hardware makers.

Prices should fall to $299 - $399 once newer generations are released.

Windows RT should not die until we can see some ULV processors that allow Windows 8 tablets to have 10+ hours of battery life, remain light and cheap.

Android and iOS remain king in app diversity. However, Microsoft has the best productivity software (MS Office)

Surface RT 32GB is a great tablet for $399. I have an iPAD3 and a Samsung 10" Tab. I hate the way Apple chose to make us go through extra steps to bring our own content. Samsung is okay but it costs more for 32gb version. For someone who has to integrate MS-Office content (no flame please), Surface is definitely a better choice. Yes, there are fewer apps, but sufficient to meet most needs. Did I say that I hate the lack of USB, HDMI and microSD slots in my iPAD?

slickdeal45 said:   Nobody--nobody--wants Windows RT. The people who buy it largely don't understand that they're buying a very handicapped version on Windows.
I want/need one. While I would prefer a pro, depending upon the price I would purchase an RT tablet. I am a software developer and I have plenty of capable desktops, laptops and even tablets, but I do not yet have a Windows 8 or Windows RT tablet to test on, so I'm definitely in the market for an inexpensive tablet that can run RT or Windows 8.

I'd *prefer* a Surface Pro so that I could compile and debug my apps all on the same tablet, but if there is a large premium associated with it, I could get by nicely with a RT tablet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014