• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You do NOT need a membership to buy this phone because it is a "3rd" party.

This is for ATT and Sprint. This is for a upgrade AND new phone only.

$129 plus you get FREE Accessory Bundle.

ATT:

Here is the link: (Free shipping) (no membership needed) (FREE Accessory Bundle) (FREE NEW Activation....$36 for upgrade)
http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/shop/do/PhoneDetails/...

Sprint:
http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/shop/do/PhoneDetails/... (New account $99.. $129 for upgrade)

Amazon is selling it for $129 also however you don't get the FREE Accessory Bundle. That is located here: (Free Shipping)
http://www.amazon.com/HTC-One-Android-Glacial-Silver/dp/B00C5SJE...

I am thinking about buying it tomorrow because this is the cheapest I have seen the HTC one for 129.

Also remember that ATT charges a $36 activation fee to activate ANY UPGRADE. However it is FREE NEW Activation. Just a friendly reminder.

Member Summary

htc
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That's a good approach. Fujifilm F30 had a similar design concept. The F30 takes very nice indoor pictures. I've had it... (more)

View (May. 26, 2013 @ 11:48p) |

HTC One Repair

I know I shouldn't care so much but I did have to replace the screen on my iPhone 4 months after getting i... (more)

poorfatkid (May. 27, 2013 @ 6:18a) |

Just as a heads up for those buying in store: you will be paying taxes on the the amount Costco paid for the phone. In m... (more)

meccanikalesque (Jun. 06, 2013 @ 5:03p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HTC
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any Reviews from FW users??? I would love your input. So far I have seen great reviews.

Great deal, but when I tried to upgrade a phone that's on a family plan rider it wanted me to upgrade from my currently 200MB data plan to a 3 gig at $30/mo. Going to check attwireless.com and see if they require the same thing.

actually you have to be a member, because they right up the phone at Costco which needs your membership card before you can make a payment.

If this is the case then you can order online. I called to confirm that you don't need to be a member (through the online site). I will change that in the main description.

wxforecaster said:   Also remember that ATT charges a $36 activation fee to activate ANY phone and you have to add that on to any phone you buy no matter what. Just a friendly reminder.

Read your link above...activation is free for new lines. I would have jumped on this if I were not on a contract.
I have to wait until 2014.. But then by that time better phones would be out, I am sure.

I did mention this deal in the Nexus 4 at Costco thread. This is a much better deal than the $80 Nexus 4 with T-Mobile.

Good find there.. That is CORRECT!!!! FREE activation if you go through COSTCO for NEW ATT accounts!

Works for Sprint HTC ONE as well. I think you do need to be a member.

$149 Sprint Samsung S4 (new account) or $199 (upgrade)

So, for AT&T upgrade, does it incur activation fee or not?

I have one of my kid upgraded to HTC ONE and AT&T changed the data plan to 3GB - because "it sucks in lots of data for updates" according to AT&T sales guy. I am monitoring the usage and just changed it to 300MB plan online without any problem.

If you "upgrade" your phone with ATT through costco, you will have to pay the $36. However it will show up on your ATT bill rather then COSTCO if I understand correctly. There is no way to get around the "upgrade" fee from ATT. I think that is how they stay in business. LOL

Can you sign for the 2 year contract, get the ATT HTC One for $129, then immediately cancel your contract and pay the $325 ETF? That's a net of $454. Seems cheaper than buying it off contract for $599.

*Edit, off contract price is $599, not $549*

I bought it from Sams at $149. Sams lets you keep your old $15 data plan. Costco data plans starting from $30.

hockeymulder said:   Can you sign for the 2 year contract, get the ATT HTC One for $129, then immediately cancel your contract and pay the $325 ETF? That's a net of $454. Seems cheaper than buying it off contract for $599.

I don't see why you can't do that! Plus you wouldn't have to pay the activation fee either because it is a "new activation"!

hockeymulder said:   Can you sign for the 2 year contract, get the ATT HTC One for $129, then immediately cancel your contract and pay the $325 ETF? That's a net of $454. Seems cheaper than buying it off contract for $599.

AT&T unlock policy:
AT&T currently will unlock a device for any customer whose account has been active for at least sixty days; whose account is in good standing and has no unpaid balance; and who has fulfilled his or her service agreement commitment. If the conditions are met we will unlock up to five devices per account per year."

wxforecaster said:   Any Reviews from FW users??? I would love your input. So far I have seen great reviews.

For what it's worth I love mine. If you're deciding between this and the S4 I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either one. A lot of people gave HTC flack for their camera but I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed by it so far. The resolution isn't anywhere near the S4 but for me personally that's a non issue as I'm not printing photos from my camera phone. My favorite feature are the front facing speakers; I really think we'll see more phones with front facing speakers, it just makes sense. The displays on both One and S4 are quite impressive. Hardware wise both phones are very very similar. My brother's S4 has a bit of lag but I assume that'll disappear with a software update. The One is a great choice as is the S4 and either phone should have no trouble keeping up with the next iteration of the Android OS, providing good longevity.

PSU2Fan said:   wxforecaster said:   Any Reviews from FW users??? I would love your input. So far I have seen great reviews.

For what it's worth I love mine. If you're deciding between this and the S4 I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either one. A lot of people gave HTC flack for their camera but I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed by it so far. The resolution isn't anywhere near the S4 but for me personally that's a non issue as I'm not printing photos from my camera phone. My favorite feature are the front facing speakers; I really think we'll see more phones with front facing speakers, it just makes sense. The displays on both One and S4 are quite impressive. Hardware wise both phones are very very similar. My brother's S4 has a bit of lag but I assume that'll disappear with a software update. The One is a great choice as is the S4 and either phone should have no trouble keeping up with the next iteration of the Android OS, providing good longevity.

Thank you for your review. I know a lot of people picking the HTC One over the S4. Reading reviews on Amazon, most people love the HTC One and switched to the HTC one from the S4 (yeah they just got it too) or S3. I am not seeing a lot of good reviews for the S4 other then it is just a hardware upgrade to the S3 really.

Just saw this. Really hope HTC can have a brighter future.

HTC reportedly in ‘utter freefall’

f2000sa said:   Just saw this. Really hope HTC can have a brighter future.

That is very interesting...

f2000sa said:   Just saw this. Really hope HTC can have a brighter future.

They reportedly have 1.6 billion in cash with no debt. They will not be out of business anytime soon.
However, I don't think they have a chance against Samsung's marketing machine and deep pocket.
My guess is that they will have a future but maybe not the brightest one.
Some say their situation is similar to T-Mobile's.

As an HTC customer who defected from Samsung(due to Behold 2 fiasco), I am a bit disappointed that they already removed HTC Amaze, which is their last smartphone that has a replaceable battery and an SD card slot, from their website. Amaze was their flagship offering in late 2011... Ironically, Samsung Galaxy S2 receives longer support...

wxforecaster said:   hockeymulder said:   Can you sign for the 2 year contract, get the ATT HTC One for $129, then immediately cancel your contract and pay the $325 ETF? That's a net of $454. Seems cheaper than buying it off contract for $599.

I don't see why you can't do that! Plus you wouldn't have to pay the activation fee either because it is a "new activation"!

I vaguely recall there's some 30 or 60 day threshold before you can cancel - where you have to pay your full bill. Basically people crunched the numbers and you don't come out ahead at the full $199 price. At $129, you may come out ahead, though some retailers add a fee if you cancel before X number of days (like Amazon Wireless) so double check that from Costco.

This looks like a great phone, how do people like this ??

Costco has free activation on all carriers

I believe you can buy from http://membershipwireless.com/ without a membership and possibly no tax (haven't bought one through here)

The kiosks in the stores are an understaffed, disorganized mess. Great place to buy a phone if you want to stand on a concrete floor for two hours. They are run by a very poor quality third-party vendor.

Checkout (New) Sprint
Disclaimer

Checkout (New) ATT
Disclaimer
S1216 said:   Costco has free activation on all carriers

I believe you can buy from http://membershipwireless.com/ without a membership and possibly no tax (haven't bought one through here)

The kiosks in the stores are an understaffed, disorganized mess. Great place to buy a phone if you want to stand on a concrete floor for two hours. They are run by a very poor quality third-party vendor.

The fine print:

†Costco.com Sprint Online Value: Save 5% off qualified individual plans and primary line of family plans on new activations and device upgrades.

†Not combinable with any other plan discount. For device upgrades, a rate plan switch to a qualified plan might be required to receive the 5% requiring discount. Available only for activations on Costco.com.

Sprint 4G LTE network in limited markets, on select devices. Unless otherwise noted, Sprint 4G LTE devices will not operate on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) network.

Waived - $36 upgrade fee when Costco members upgrade to a new handset.

Sprint charges a $36 upgrade fee when customers upgrade to a new handset. The fee applies to upgrades to new devices and is per line – primary and secondary. As an exclusive to Costco members, this fee is credited to you within 2-3 billing cycles.

*A New 2 Year Activation or 2 Year Qualified Upgrade is required for all handset purchases.

*Select plan with $10.00 premium data add-on required.uired for all handset purchases.

Just got one. Never asked for member number. Seems like a great deal. They do charge tax.

Now to send my old phone back to HTC to get my 100.00.

Anyone see any better deal for Sunday??? I think this deal goes till June 2nd. So I am trying to see if I should wait till June 1st and buy or just go now!

At least I think it goes till June 2nd

An alternate deal would be on 'zon where the price now is $79.00 (Sprint), but you pay the activation fee and no accessories. So it's just an option. I've read that the HTC One price is going down but is still $199 on BB. And Wirefly has it for $149.00 with free Free DJ-Style Headphones (not buds).

Wirefly (Sprint)

'zon pricing (Sprint)

I think that is mainly because it is Sprint (CDMA) vs ATT (GSM)

The ATT version on 'zon @ $129.00 says:

"Cellular connectivity 4G LTE (1900 MHz) with availability in limited markets; 3G (800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies)"

What am I missing since I am a novice at smartphones? My understanding is that GSM is for foreign countries. This offer is for USA.

I came very close to pulling the trigger on this phone, but I don't like the idea I can't replace the battery. I tend to keep my phones 2+ years. I'm on the third battery for my current HTC phone (which I do like). What kind of battery life will this phone have after 500 charge cycles (1.5 years of use)?

dogmeat said:   I came very close to pulling the trigger on this phone, but I don't like the idea I can't replace the battery. I tend to keep my phones 2+ years. I'm on the third battery for my current HTC phone (which I do like). What kind of battery life will this phone have after 500 charge cycles (1.5 years of use)?
Which HTC phone you have? After Amaze and Sensation, replaceable battery and SD card slot are both gone.
I chose Amaze over HTC One S because of the above two. However I'm being penalized by HTC with discontinued updates.
HTC Amaze is not even listed on their web site now...

View said:   dogmeat said:   I came very close to pulling the trigger on this phone, but I don't like the idea I can't replace the battery. I tend to keep my phones 2+ years. I'm on the third battery for my current HTC phone (which I do like). What kind of battery life will this phone have after 500 charge cycles (1.5 years of use)?
Which HTC phone you have? After Amaze and Sensation, replaceable battery and SD card slot are both gone.
I chose Amaze over HTC One S because of the above two. However I'm being penalized by HTC with discontinued updates.
HTC Amaze is not even listed on their web site now...

I have an Inspire. I have avoided updates since I've read too many people who had problems. I still need my phone to mostly be a phone. But, it still works perfectly.

I wish i could say how long the battery will last but i cant because it hasnt been out long enough. I am going to pull the trigger june 1 and just see if att.version goes down in the next week! I think.it is a very good phone.

I wish i could say how long the battery will last but i cant because it hasnt been out long enough. I am going to pull the trigger june 1 and just see if att.version goes down in the next week! I think.it is a very good phone.

I'm loving the HTC One. The guy who sold me it said, he had the S4 for a couple of weeks and went back to the HTC one.

I don't know why people are complaining about the camera. The camera is getting rave reviews for its lowlight pictures. This is something they did deliberately, rather than get into a megapixel war, they stayed with a low number of pixels, but made each pixel larger. This allows for more light in dark situations.

You can see the results here. http://www.gizmag.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-hands-on-one-comparison/27552/
There are shots you can get with the HTC One that are completely black with the S4. When the lighting is good, they both take great shots.

duplicate

keatonbuster said:   I don't know why people are complaining about the camera. The camera is getting rave reviews for its lowlight pictures. This is something they did deliberately, rather than get into a megapixel war, they stayed with a low number of pixels, but made each pixel larger. This allows for more light in dark situations.

That's a good approach. Fujifilm F30 had a similar design concept. The F30 takes very nice indoor pictures. I've had it for 9 years and am still using it.
I like the HTC One but the current price is quite high and I'm still on a contract...maybe it'd be a good idea to upgrade in 5-6 months...or around Thanksgiving time.

HTC One Repair

I know I shouldn't care so much but I did have to replace the screen on my iPhone 4 months after getting it. It really was pretty easy.

Would love to try the HTC One if it comes to Verizon but it scares me a bit.

Skipping 1 Messages...
Just as a heads up for those buying in store: you will be paying taxes on the the amount Costco paid for the phone. In my case, I bought the ATT version, the rep said the taxes were on $250+ so out the door price for me was $149.

They also told me, regarding the activation fee, that it may take one or two billing cycles for the activation credit to appear.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014