• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
26" Avalon Men's Cruiser Bike @ Walmart - $94.94
was $119.97
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

26" Avalon Men's Cruiser Bike
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Used bikes almost go for the same price. Great bike for my 13 yr old. Great price.

Isn't 26" large enough for an adult male taller than 6'? Might be a little big for a 13 y/o...not sure though.

26" is the wheel size and not the frame. I just bought mine and will pick this up at our local WalMart. I can report back.

Al3xK said:   Isn't 26" large enough for an adult male taller than 6'? Might be a little big for a 13 y/o...not sure though.

OK, just picked it up from my local WalMart and I'm glad I did this instead buying online. They had the "Next" version this (upgraded version of the bike) using an alloy frame instead of steel of the regular version for the same price. On their website, this version was supposed to be $149.95!

As for the size, the frame is not 26" and my 13 yr old fits it fine. He's about 5' 2" and just have to tip toe a little. I would say this is medium sized bike. If you're 6' it might even be a little small for you.

While I was there I checked out other bikes in this price range and type and it's definitely the lightest one there.

First time buying a bike from WalMart and it's nice to have it right away and assembled.

Thanks OP!

optical said:   26" is the wheel size and not the frame. I just bought mine and will pick this up at our local WalMart. I can report back.

Al3xK said:   Isn't 26" large enough for an adult male taller than 6'? Might be a little big for a 13 y/o...not sure though.

optical said:   OK, just picked it up from my local WalMart and I'm glad I did this instead buying online. They had the "Next" version this (upgraded version of the bike) using an alloy frame instead of steel of the regular version for the same price. On their website, this version was supposed to be $149.95!

As for the size, the frame is not 26" and my 13 yr old fits it fine. He's about 5' 2" and just have to tip toe a little. I would say this is medium sized bike. If you're 6' it might even be a little small for you.

While I was there I checked out other bikes in this price range and type and it's definitely the lightest one there.

First time buying a bike from WalMart and it's nice to have it right away and assembled.

Thanks OP!

optical said:   26" is the wheel size and not the frame. I just bought mine and will pick this up at our local WalMart. I can report back.

If you value safety, check that assembly! They don't always hire the most qualified folks to do that...

optical said:    it's nice to have it right away and assembled

Assembled by a sixteen year old making minimum wage. Check it carefully. Make sure the handlebar, pedals, and wheels are on tight and that the brakes work. Don't forget that the left pedal is reverse threaded.

Ordered 1

SecondGunman said:   optical said:    it's nice to have it right away and assembled

Assembled by a sixteen year old making minimum wage. Check it carefully. Make sure the handlebar, pedals, and wheels are on tight and that the brakes work. Don't forget that the left pedal is reverse threaded.

Even worse...my cousin did this when he was younger and he got something like $10 per bike, so it was quantity not quality. He got good at it, but they're trying to do volume assembly lol.

Mine was assembled fairly well but I double check it anyway. For the saving, I'm willing to inspect it myself. I'm sure if you take it to a bike shop they would love to charge you to inspect and re-assemble it for the cost of the bike. Everyone should just relax and save some money.

SecondGunman said:   optical said:    it's nice to have it right away and assembled

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014