Member Summary

KFC
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I went to (2) KFC's with my adult daughter
We each used a coupon at each KFC
total 8 boxes
here's a sample of the largest p... (more)

RegUSPatOff (Jun. 02, 2013 @ 7:32p) |

I downloaded and printed the coupon then decided not to use it purely based on the comments in this thread. Some of the... (more)

Mercx (Jun. 02, 2013 @ 8:08p) |

My KFC also had another piece for $1.00 each

I took all white for all.
No extra charge, kinda odd for them though.

yesidonoitall (Jun. 03, 2013 @ 3:26p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal! Thanks OP!

Thanks! Headed there for lunch on Friday..

(Joke from the comedy channel)
"KFC the only thing missing is U" it's a joke with the 4 letters..

Maybe I got a bad batch, but the boneless KFC I got recently was extreeeemely salty.

And BTW, whatever KFC had many years ago, it ain't cuttin' it now. Not sure whether we have become immune to the 11 herbs and spices, or they have just got very expensive. I wouldn't expect to be satisfied after spending this $5.

I'm looking forward to this. I enjoyed these 4 or 5 times when they were $2.99, and thought it was great! Thanks, KFC!

TellyTubby said:   Maybe I got a bad batch, but the boneless KFC I got recently was extreeeemely salty.

And BTW, whatever KFC had many years ago, it ain't cuttin' it now. Not sure whether we have become immune to the 11 herbs and spices, or they have just got very expensive. I wouldn't expect to be satisfied after spending this $5.

What...Salty....YOU ATE THE BONES...YOU ATE THE BONES.....DONT PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

eat bones
Disclaimer
bigfathead said:   What...Salty....YOU ATE THE BONES...YOU ATE THE BONES.....DONT PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

Also, maybe a bad batch but mine were extremely fatty and rather disgusting. I threw them away.

Thanks OP and green 4 U

Thank you. Hubby wants some KFC.

Love where I live. I can get a whole roast chicken for $5 from Costco.

I tried this coupon. The soda was fine, the side was fine, but the main dish not very good. It came with a "white" meat and a dark meat portion. In both portions there was way too much cartilage and fatty parts. I think there was a blood line in it as well. If you want 2 drinks and 2 sides I would get those and throw the main part away.

Thank you!

Thanks OP.

OK, so what was the final story on the halal-certified thing? Was it just in Dearbornn, or everywhere?

I've heard that KFC is declining to honor this coupon since it is not on their regular coupon site, http://www.kfc.com/deals/
Anyone know what is going on?

mistera1 said:   I've heard that KFC is declining to honor this coupon since it is not on their regular coupon site, http://www.kfc.com/deals/
Anyone know what is going on?

Worked fine for me a couple times.

This is originally a "link out" from a Dr. Pepper email I received. That Dr. Pepper email was a national newsletter so it shouldn't be a regional thing.

The original link is this:
http://e.drpepper.com/a/hBRnrblB8ety5B8yvg7AABxpwb$/kfcbutton

It redirects to:
http://www.kfc.com/deals/

TellyTubby said:   Maybe I got a bad batch, but the boneless KFC I got recently was extreeeemely salty.Same here -- I think the chicken is soaked in brine and then the coating is salted, plus I saw the workers dusting the whole batch with a shaker. The mac & cheese and mashed potatoes were lukewarm and congealed with fat.
So yeah, going back this weekend...

Popeyes > KFC

Used this today at my KFC and they about threw a fit. First told me it was expired (over the speaker) and I said it wasn't. Then when I drove around they asked me where I got it from. They honored it but were NOT happy.

worked for me AND my son (2 coupons) near Milwaukee
no problems

Chicken was good
I weighed (3) of the orders...
chicken only
1) 7.6 oz
2) 8 oz
3) 10.6 oz

Not to thread crap OP, but to me this new boneless just doesn't taste like KFC should. Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but I just didn't like it. Now don't get me wrong I love the Col's Original chicken, and even the wings, and pot pies are good, but this boneless is just strange.

Cheers

+1 I THINK I ATE THE BONESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Great deal. Thank you.

I said its on the main site ? They honored it ...

TellyTubby said:   Maybe I got a bad batch, but the boneless KFC I got recently was extreeeemely salty.

Yes, they are very salty!

TY! I can't wait to try it

I was turned down on the coupon at first, saying, "I don't think we take these anymore". I told her I just got it in my email. She took it to her manager who ended up honoring it. I think he did so just to keep me from having a fit. The dark meat was pretty disgusting. Like others said, it was fatty and had a lot of other "innards" mixed in. The white was ok.

RegUSPatOff said:   worked for me AND my son (2 coupons) near Milwaukee
no problems

Chicken was good
I weighed (3) of the orders...
chicken only
1) 7.6 oz
2) 8 oz
3) 10.6 oz

Did you happen to note the dimensions (in mil) please?

common practice about KFC not honoring coupons...I believe there was another campaign that blew up in their faces.

It probably was the free dinner - 2 piece grilled dinner promotion. I think their server was down for days - the demand was huge!

I like the crispy. Too bad, the KFC does not offer extra crispy boneless

martin628 said:   TellyTubby said:   Maybe I got a bad batch, but the boneless KFC I got recently was extreeeemely salty.Same here -- I think the chicken is soaked in brine and then the coating is salted, plus I saw the workers dusting the whole batch with a shaker. The mac & cheese and mashed potatoes were lukewarm and congealed with fat.
So yeah, going back this weekend...

The dark has 850mg of sodium per piece.

Serving Size 1 Piece - Calories 250 - Calories From Fat 130 - Fat 14 g 22% DV Saturated Fat 2.5 g 13% DV Trans Fat 0.0 g - Cholesterol 95 mg 32% DV Sodium 850 mg 35% DV Carbohydrates 11 g 4% DV Dietary Fiber 1 g 4% DV Sugar 0 g - Protein 21 g 42% DV Vitamin A ? - Vitamin C ? - Calcium ? - Iron ? - Health-O-Meter
Is it good for you?

4 chicken nuggets at mcdonalds is 400miligrams.

For some of us on low sodium diets...I will pass. 850miligrams in one piece is a bit salty...although a KFC chicken breast is 1100miligrams.

Less Sugar...Less Salt...you will feel better

I tried this yesterday - they gave me the dark meat. I don't have particularly high standards, but this was really greasy, oily and disgusting. FYI - The gal at the counter said I could either get a side and a drink, or two sides.

wow i liked mine a lot. darkmeat was the juciest piece. hmmm ... kfc haters ?

I like it but the picture is so misleading. Pieces are so small. I had it the last time the coupon was in the Sunday Parade. I don't know why each KFC is very stingy with the fries. Fill out the damn box, it's not going to hurt your bottom line and may lead me to go there more than once per year.

Just had two combos and I agree it's lower quality comparing to the bucket meat w/ bones. The meat is dry and chewy. based on the quality I say $4.99+tax is not a hot deal price.

Great deal. Thank you!

owenscott said:   wow i liked mine a lot. darkmeat was the juciest piece. hmmm ... kfc haters ?

maybe they dropped it on the floor after mopping up ??

Skipping 6 Messages...
My KFC also had another piece for $1.00 each

I took all white for all.
No extra charge, kinda odd for them though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014