Member Summary

S4 (67.69kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

If you live in the US, don't do it.

#1. No LTE
#2. You will only get 2G/Edge in the US

SSi said:   If you live in the US, don't do it.

#1. No LTE
#2. You will only get 2G/Edge in the US

U will get HSDPA Speed which is more than 3G, I am getting 5.6 Mbs down and 1,2 Mbs up on StraightTalk ATT on this phone.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9500_galaxy_s4-5125.php
"Speed HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps"

Great price but please post for GSM only. I am on Verizon and can't use this

No LTE, you do get Faux-4G HSPA+ concern with international versions beyond band support is warranty. I wouldn't touch it.

unless you are comfortable not being able to get warranty for these international versions than I would avoid it as well.

Read this this morning. FWIW

Wait on the Pentaband Google AOSP version. Yes, $649 and yes better (LTE, no bloat, any network for LTE/4g, unlocked, etc).

Wait on the Pentaband Google AOSP version. Yes, $649 and yes better (LTE, no bloat, any network for LTE/4g, unlocked, has a warranty, etc).

Slickone said:   Read this this morning. FWIW

I never understood the "build quality this build quality that" argument. The so-called "beautiful" iPhone 4s shattered into pieces when it was dropped from pocket. Since then, my GS3 (business) and iPhone 5 (personal) both look the same under the giant OtterBox case.

coolbreeze said:   Wait on the Pentaband Google AOSP version. Yes, $649 and yes better (LTE, no bloat, any network for LTE/4g, unlocked, has a warranty, etc).
Is it confirmed that it will be Pentaband?

HempCures said:   coolbreeze said:   Wait on the Pentaband Google AOSP version. Yes, $649 and yes better (LTE, no bloat, any network for LTE/4g, unlocked, has a warranty, etc).

Considering it has to work for both AT&T and T-Mobile, so, yes.

HempCures said:   coolbreeze said:   Wait on the Pentaband Google AOSP version. Yes, $649 and yes better (LTE, no bloat, any network for LTE/4g, unlocked, has a warranty, etc).

Yes. Pentaband and includes LTE on both networks. It's the only way Google sells phones. None of this multiple version crap that OEMs do. I never understood that. Just make everything Pentaband already.

I know they can. The TMo HTC one is Pentaband. Unlock it and you've got a universal phone. The AT&T model only gets EDGE on TMo. Annoying as hell.

coolbreeze said:   HempCures said:   coolbreeze said:    The AT&T model only gets EDGE on TMo. Annoying as hell.

One reason is because TMob is transitioning of course so it has both freqs so it works wherever, refarmed 1900 or older 1700mhz, the other being because AT&T is the Empire. Ever wonder why the AT&T symbol looks like the Death Star?

Part of the fun of being a Tmob MVNO reseller is moving people away from super low tier stuff (Cricket/Boost/etc) to a sweet spot (I think) between that and moneybucks AT&T/Verizon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014