• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the Asus Vivotab Smart ME400C tablet on sale for $449.99 this week. Use the $100 off all Windows tablets coupon to bring price down to $349.99.

This tablet has the regular Windows 8 OS, not the RT version typically found on tablets in this price range. It is a 10.1" tablet and has 64gb of memory. Lowest price tablet with full Windows 8 and the coupon makes it hotter.

Link to Asus Tablet

Link to $100 off coupon

The sale price on the tablet is good through May 25. The coupon is good through May 27.

If you're interested in the Touchpad keyboard and cover for this tablet, Amazon has the combo for $99.99 ($129.99 retail). Link to Touchpad/Cover

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus Vivotab Smart ME400C W8 Tablet (12.92kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

2GB LPDDR2 Memory
Intel Atom Z2760 1.6GHz, up to 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 Cache Processor
I would rather wait for one with at least an i3 processor and 4GB of memory. This one feels like my Asus Eee PC netbook purposely crippled by MS that a netbook cannot have more than 2GB.

ohrama said:   I would rather wait for one with at least an i3 processor and 4GB of memory.One what... tablet or laptop? You'll be waiting a while for an i3/4GB tablet.

ohrama said:   2GB LPDDR2 Memory
Intel Atom Z2760 1.6GHz, up to 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 Cache Processor
I would rather wait for one with at least an i3 processor and 4GB of memory. This one feels like my Asus Eee PC netbook purposely crippled by MS that a netbook cannot have more than 2GB.

The atom has better battery life than an i3. I have yet to run across something I want to do on my win8 tablet that the atom can't handle. For me the win8 tablet is not for doing heavy lifting, it's for light duty and I prefer the longer battery life vs cpu power in this context. It also kills a netbook in terms of user experience and functionality.

Isn't the Lynx K3011 a better option?

$10 less, bigger screen, same processor, and USB OTG functionality right out of the box?

I'm shopping tabs right now and the Lynx seems to have a light edge.

Using a tab for a camera isn't one of my intended purposes, so the (lack of a) rear camera isn't a shopped feature.
(and the uber-douchebags holding up ipads and tablets at kids' soccer games and concerts REALLY need to stop)

sixt7gt350 said:   Isn't the Lynx K3011 a better option?

It depends on your needs. The differences are subtle but after doing some research here's what I found:

Asus advantages:
Battery lasts about 1 hr. longer than the Lenovo
32GB of cloud storage for 3-years
Corning fit glass (NOT Gorilla Glass, but the same stuff used on the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy S2)
8MP auto-focus back camera

Lenovo advantages:
Larger display (11.6" vs. 10.1")
Brighter display (400 nits vs. 350 nits)
Thinner (9.48mm vs. 9.7mm)
Optional 2-yr warranty (at extra cost)
$50 less than the Asus

Both OEM keyboards are pathetic but that's easily remedied with an aftermarket Bluetooth keyboard and battery.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014