• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Silver 11.6" Chromebook PC with Samsung Exynos 5 Dual Processor and Google Chrome Operating System $249.99 @ www.walmart.com:

The Samsung Chromebook is a new computer that helps you get everyday things done faster and easier. It starts in seconds, has virus protection built-in, and runs your favorite Google apps plus thousands more. The Chromebook comes with leading Google products, like Search, Gmail, YouTube and Hangouts, so you can work, play, and do whatever you want, right out of the box.

Samsung 11.6" Chromebook PC with Samsung Exynos 5 Dual Processor and Google Chrome Operating System:

Key Features and Benefits:•Samsung Exynos 5 Dual processor
1.70GHz, 1MB L2 Cache

•2GB DDR3L SDRAM system memory
Gives you options for surfing, video conferencing, documents, basic photo editing and simple computer tasks

•16GB SSD hard drive
Store 10,666 photos, 4,570 songs or 8 hours of HD video and more

•802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
Wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11a/b/g/n connection built into your PC

•11.6 LED HD display
With shared graphics memory, HDMI and VGA

Additional Features:•3-in-1 memory card reader
•1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x headphone and mic jack
•2-cell Lithium Polymer battery has a 6.3 hours of battery life

Software:•Google Chrome Operating System

Support and Warranty:•1-year standard parts and labor; 24/7 technical assistance available online or toll-free by phone

What's In The Box:•Power cord
•Quick Start Guide

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Silver-11.6-Chromebook-PC-with...

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Chromebook XE303C12-A01US (16.70kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Make NOTE: this is only 16gb SSD, the same amount of storage as my current smartphone w/o an additional microSD installed! Personally, I'd hold out for at least a 128gb SSD (can this be "upgraded" by the consumer?)...

only 3 reviews (right at the WalMart link), two look possibly sketchy, but this was one star if you care about converting MS-Word docs:

WalMart Review said: 05/19/2013

System does not allow for any previous word documents to be modified. I would not recommend at all until the system enables users to work with previous Microsoft documents. I returned the product to the store within three hours after purchase.

That's MSRP, same price everywhere. Got one from Amazon last week for $175 Used -Like New, but sent it back the next day.

healthylaugh said:   Make NOTE: this is only 16gb SSD, the same amount of storage as my current smartphone w/o an additional microSD installed! Personally, I'd hold out for at least a 128gb SSD (can this be "upgraded" by the consumer?)...

only 3 reviews (right at the WalMart link), two look possibly sketchy, but this was one star if you care about converting MS-Word docs:

WalMart Review said: 05/19/2013

System does not allow for any previous word documents to be modified. I would not recommend at all until the system enables users to work with previous Microsoft documents. I returned the product to the store within three hours after purchase.

16GB is fine when you use the chromebook as a thin client of sorts. It's not meant to replace your full blown laptop or desktop, just relegate it to specific tasks. you almost always dont want a big bulky laptop/software environment if all you need to do is hop on a browser or view some photos you just took on your camera/camcorder and move the files to various disks/sd cards.

ideal for travel, just what you want for doing 90% of the things you might need to do. (tinkerers note: you can even install full blown debian/ubuntu system and not use chromeOS at all!)

think of it like this: its not meant to house your mp3 collection, its meant to stream it from your network.

as you stated you can add a full sized SD to the system, or any number of USB storage solutions for files you do want remove from the chromebook or upload to the web from your chromebook. really nice when dealing with digital media from cameras and backing up/mirroring SD cards on the go. no moving parts (no fan, spinning disk), thin, light, very speedy, doesnt feel like a phone... its money well spent.

MSRP is a joke but i thought i would reply here in case people jump in and are curious.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014