• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
From Grizzly Industrial Outlet store, 3 tools, 2 NiCd batteries and charger, flashlight, bag

PORTER-CABLE PC418C-2 18-Volt NiCd Cordless 4-Piece Combo Kit

Total with shipping is $113.90, minus any coupons you might find.

Tools are 1/2" Drill/Driver, 6-1/2" Circular Saw, Reciprocating Saw (sawzall)
NOTE: all tools work with Porter-Cable 18V NiCd batteries (included) *or* 18V Li-Ion batteries

Includes (2) PC18B 18V NiCd batteries, (1) PCMVC 18V NiCd 1 hour charger
A few starter blades and bits,
Nice carrying bag,
Obligatory (and basically useless) flashlight

Note Lowes has been clearing out Porter-Cable 18V tools too, but not quite this low. You could pick up some extra compatible bare tools from them for too much, if interested.

Member Summary

tool
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Too bad it's Ni-Cad. I thought about jumping on this but those batteries killed it, I hate those.

ohh.. "*or* 18V Li-Ion batteries" hmmm the gears are beginning to spin again in contemplation, I've already got 3, no 4, 5 drills...hmmm.

Great deal, Thanks!

But wait a minute...Where does it say you can get this in LI-ion? oh those are $69.95 extra. each.

Even with buying an extra Li-Ion battery this is a great deal for somebody in the market for a set like this.

This is a great deal! I've got these same tools and charger and have had no major problems with the Ni-Cad batteries. You just can't let one sit on a tool for days and expect it to last as long as one you just removed (fully charged) from the charger. I think the Lithium batteries are far better in that regard though. Btw this charger is "above average" for a Ni-Cad charger, as it't pretty fast (1hr) and smart enough to let you just leave a fully charged battery in, w/o issues. The little skil saw goes through a battery especially fast. But it's still come in very handy in cases where I just needed to make a couple of cuts, and all without messing with an extension cord. Comes with a carbide tip blade too!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014