3G Band: WCDMA 2100/850
2G Quad Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Processor: MTK6589 Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 Processor
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Internal storage: 8GB
Connectivity: Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth 2.1, USB
G-Sensor: Yes
Expansion: MicroSD expansion
5.8-Inch IPS LCD display (16 million colors)
1280*720 screen resolution
5 Point Capacitive multitouch touchpanel
1080p HD video playback capable
Font (2MP), Rear (8MP) Camera.
G-sensor
Built-in microphone
3600mAh removable battery
3.5mm headphone jack
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

3G band isn't for north america

What are you talking about? AT&T 3G frequencies are supported. Spec-wise this phone is remarkable, execution-wise and warranty-wise - take your chances.

i didn't have experience with any of the other vendors that carry or claim to carry this, but i have experience with MP4 nation, i found lots of prices for this item

vrokhlenko said:   If you are into this phone your deal is bad:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Cubot-A6589-MTK6589-Quad-Core-Sma...

Well, I had one experience with MP4nation: after 2 months of NOT shipping my order they did refund my money. But my point was: 50 dollar spread on a 200 dollar item is too much for a good deal.

From what I can tell it would NOT support T-Mobile 3g unless you are in a refarmed area

Probably not. I only saw that MTK6589 supports 850/2100 for 3G. Why - is the mystery to me, they could have easily included a pentaband support like my Nokia C6-01.

bad deal. low res. expensive. RED.

Actually the screen size makes this a phablet. Not so bad after all... Neutral.

It's a dual SIM device, which I am surprised is not mentioned. Should be a decent selling point.

Standby time: 2-3 days. Isn't that a bit weak?

Not to mention these generic phones have not passed any safety test for the amount of radiation they pump out into your brain!

Wow! This thing looks exactly like my Samsung Note 2. Maybe slightly thicker, looking at the photos. What a knockoff! Also, I just went to the sellers website and the little chat box at the corner says they're 'Away'! LOL! That's a good indication you should also stay 'Away'.

Anyway, off topic, but since someone mentioned it in this thread, my last phone prior to getting a Note 2 was also a Nokia C6-01 Great phone, and I'd still be using it today if not for the dated browser on that thing. Wish Nokia hadn't stopped working on Symbian/Meego.

TellyTubby said:   Standby time: 2-3 days. Isn't that a bit weak?It's a droid. You really can't expect stellar battery performance even with high end phones. 2-3 days is really about as good as it gets

I barely get a day out of my Nexus 4 -- The specs are quite good on this phone, even the pixel density is around 250ppi , which is my personal limit of diminishing returns. We are so thoroughly saturated by electromagnetic waves that I wouldn't be concerned about RF from the device, but the lithium battery and charging circuit are definite safety concerns. If it was 3g capable on T-Mobile I'd be in for two for my children.

If you guys don't mind a slightly smaller screen than this Cubot (never heard of this brand before, by the way), you should check out some of the higher end Android phones from Blu. They're like the Vizio of phones. Price to specs ratio, they put even the Nexus line to shame. Plus, you can get them directly from reputable sellers like Amazon and Newegg, so if something's not right, you can at least return it. Not too sure how often they'll upgrade the software, though, but I don't think people really care about that if the out-of-box experience is "good enough", which it is most of the time.

Oh, and one more thing... most of their phones are also dual SIM and cheaper than this Cubot.

If it were an iPhone they'd be touting the free bonus extra we're getting...but from what I heard, many of the major brands also rely on old data to computer radiations levels we're exposed to. Old as in from the 1990's.

dkd711 said:   Not to mention these generic phones have not passed any safety test for the amount of radiation they pump out into your brain!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014