• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Speed Bench Drill Press - Save $40 for $49.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/speed-bench-drill-press-60238.html

Use coupon code 76717224 for price of $49.99

All-purpose drill press for the home or shop. Professional accessories include a built-in worklight and tilt table. Features include smooth rack-and-pinion movement, an adjustable depth stop with gauge and a cast iron base and head for optimal durability.

•Smooth rack-and-pinion table movement
•Adjustable depth stop with gauge
•Cast iron base and head
•Table rotates 360° and tilts 45° left and right
•Heavy duty ball bearing motor
Light bulb sold separately. Overweight Item subject to $14.95 additional Freight Charge.

Harbor Freight Tools
See Harbor Freight Tools promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Drill Press
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Good deal for the money.

TomPtz (May. 31, 2013 @ 11:28a) |

It also depends on the size of the hole being drilled....that's closer

lordoffire (Jun. 01, 2013 @ 12:33p) |

1/16" usually

suezyque (Jun. 01, 2013 @ 12:41p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Reviews suggest too many quality issues, even if I lower my expectations because it's an HF power tool.

Great deal. Hope this works with my budget too.

I have one of these, works fine, quality is what I would expect from HF, no major issues.

I have one of these that I got for about the same price 3 years ago. So far its been great... no issues and enough power for small jobs. It's no floor stander, but its handy.

Boy Howdy, these bench speed drills really did hike in price over the last three years!!

How much does this thing weigh? Just curious

in for 1, thanks.. I just finished a project and really could have used one of these. for this price, I can ignore the typical HF issues.

HF is probably the best deal in the country when it comes to tools. Not sure why they don't expand more. I remember buying a wooden dolly for moving for like $15. I got a multimeter for free and didn't even know it. The cashier just tossed one in the bag lol. The multimeter was worth more than the dolly obviously.

You trust your kids with the darndest things!

i see this down to $60 so this is the best price i have seen.

"Overweight Item subject to $14.95 additional Freight Charge."

Local pickup must be needed to make it ~$50.

Just got one without the extra freight charge... $60.40 tax & delivered

I own this drill press. It works as it should, doesn't take up a lot of space and it's a great tool for the price. You can't go wrong for $50!

Got one....$6.99 shipping......thanks OP

minimum speed 750 , to fast for most metals . pass ,.

bkdg100 said:   minimum speed 750 , to fast for most metals . pass ,.

I almost exclusively drill metal with mine. I make flatware jewelry, so I'm drilling through brass, copper, stainless steel and silver. It works just fine.

GreenTrash said:   You trust your kids with the darndest things!Didn't make the connection until I looked at OP's name, lol!

suezyque said:   bkdg100 said:   minimum speed 750 , to fast for most metals . pass ,.

I almost exclusively drill metal with mine. I make flatware jewelry, so I'm drilling through brass, copper, stainless steel and silver. It works just fine.

Jewelry is not an adequate test.

webley said:   

Local pickup must be needed to make it ~$50.

Is this an option? Can the code be used at the register?

lordoffire said:   suezyque said:   bkdg100 said:   minimum speed 750 , to fast for most metals . pass ,.

Although it may not be enough of a test for some, I do drill through some very heavy old flatware handles, some up to 1/4" thick. For these purposes, this drill press is quite adequate. For these applications, I go slowly with light pressure on the handle.

Good deal for the money.

suezyque said:   lordoffire said:   suezyque said:   bkdg100 said:   minimum speed 750 , to fast for most metals . pass ,.

Although it may not be enough of a test for some, I do drill through some very heavy old flatware handles, some up to 1/4" thick. For these purposes, this drill press is quite adequate. For these applications, I go slowly with light pressure on the handle.

lordoffire said:   suezyque said:   lordoffire said:   suezyque said:   bkdg100 said:   minimum speed 750 , to fast for most metals . pass ,.

1/16" usually

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014