• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bosch 18V 1/2" Cordless Lithium-Ion Compact Drill/Driver W/ 2 Batteries & Charger @ Lowe's - $99.00
was $169.00
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Bosch 18V 1/2" Cordless Lithium-Ion Compact Drill/Driver W/ 2 Batteries & Charger
Thanks Solipsist
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

HD Price Match?

Compare to Ryobi two-tool kit at HD?

Bosch generally considered better than Ryobi?

While Ryobi has improved the last few years and is often a good value they are considered to be "home owner" tools rather than professional tools as is Bosch.

One tool vs two-tools - same price?

Thanks! Just what I needed.

nice deal, especially if you already have a bosch tool or two, as the batteries themselves are likely $60-80 apiece.

I picked up the Ryobi One+ from HD last week. Quick look at the numbers I'm going to keep the Ryobi. The Ryobi Impact Driver delivers 1,500 in-lbs of torque versus 400lbs for the Bosch.

And I think the batteries are better on the Ryobi 2.4Ah versus 1.3Ah. Did a quick search and these are the numbers I found. Was on the web so it must be true. Right?

The Ryobi batteries are 1.3Ah for the comparable slim batteries. No, most people will not want the extended capacity batteries - why do you think people like the smaller size of lithion-ion batteries? The Bosch slim packs last a LONG time on the job - but if you are for example building a deck, putting in screw after screw in rapid succession you will run into trouble. You will think: "Would the larger packs be better?" - No, you are using the wrong tool for the job. You need a 120VAC Driver, not a battery powered.

The Bosch driver is NOT 400 inch pounds compared to 1500 - this is a COMPACT drill/driver, not an impact driver. The Bosch impact driver will snap the heads off a 5/16" grade 8 lag like you wanted it to. I commonly use it for tightening the lug nuts on my cars.

The difference between the Ryobi and Bosch for the homeowner is that one day you will go to use the Ryobi and it will fail miserably. For the professional, you wouldn't even be looking at the Ryobi - but several years down the road you will grab the Bosch driver and it will work just as intended. Yes, Bosch tools just work. They are a TOOL - you can't afford failure, that's why they cost more than the CRyobi.

If you want the 1500in/lbs driver from Bosch Lowes has it for $219
http://www.lowes.com/pd_368224-353-25618-02_0__?productId=348223...

Not a good deal, I got the full-sized Drill/Driver, impact driver, and 2-slim batteries+charger for around $110 last Spring on Amazon. Lowes sucks.

SoCal1 said:   I picked up the Ryobi One+ from HD last week. Quick look at the numbers I'm going to keep the Ryobi. The Ryobi Impact Driver delivers 1,500 in-lbs of torque versus 400lbs for the Bosch.

And I think the batteries are better on the Ryobi 2.4Ah versus 1.3Ah. Did a quick search and these are the numbers I found. Was on the web so it must be true. Right?

That torque is for the impact driver, not the drill. The drill seems to be 350.

SoCal1 said:   I picked up the Ryobi One+ from HD last week. Quick look at the numbers I'm going to keep the Ryobi. The Ryobi Impact Driver delivers 1,500 in-lbs of torque versus 400lbs for the Bosch.

Right

I have this drill. It is a machine. Charges last on even the slim pack batts. Charges fast too. It is quality.

Jetski110 said:   Which is better the Bosch or Dewalt? http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=185475-70-DC970K-...
I have the Dewalt you linked to, and this Bosch. The Bosch is my go-to drill, because it weighs a lot less and is more compact, which is nice in smaller spaces. The Dewalt seems to have more torque and turns faster (I could be wrong). Main disadvantage on (my only?) Dewalt is the chuck doesn't grip as tightly as it should. This results in drill bits slipping and the shaft getting marred. If given the choice, I'd go with the Bosch any day.

Jetski110 said:   Which is better the Bosch or Dewalt? http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=185475-70-DC970K-...That Dewalt has NiCad batteries vs Li-ion in the Bosch.

Bosch makes good products.

At my job, we use the Makita 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Compact Combo Kit.
Link
It cost $200 but is really light weight and charges in 15 minutes.

Best Drill & driver I have ever owner!

I have this model. I got it around Christmas for the same price from Lowes. I believe I read somewhere its the 3/8 model drill with a 1/2 chuck assembled to it.

You can get 5% discover cb + additional bonus 5% through June at hardware stores with discover card Cash Back (if you have it). (up to $1500 in purchases or $75 in bonus CashBack, I may already have maxed mine out).
But if you have the 10% movers coupon, that would work just as well I'm sure.

Does Lowes honor homedepot coupons?

I am a contractor that uses cordless tools every day. My company bought the Ryobi $200 kit a few years ago and they are what we use. The tools have performed fine. Recently the company bought us the new $299 Ryobi kit to replace the old tools that still work fine. A big advantage for Ryobi is the assortment of other tools for their system - angle grinder, angle drill, 6 battery charger to name a few.

Tools get stolen and dropped, the less you pay for them the less you loose when this happens. Ryobi has a 4AH battery that will out-last most others on a single charge.

I have an OLD 18V Bosch made in Switzerland (Are they made in Switzerland still? I recently got Bosch Oscillating tool which was made in Switzerland still) and while it is hefty, I can use it all day long and only my forearm will be sore, I also have Ryobi 18v and while it works well, after using it for a bit, my hand start to develop blisters so it isn't as comfortable.

That said, both are lasting me over 10 year at this point and I used both a LOT so don't automatically knock the Ryobi, but for few bucks, I will gladly pay extra for Bosch.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014