• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.E224501.html?

Not sure if this this deal is as hot as the one before at HSN...

Member Summary

TMobile LG Optimus L9
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought this phone for $199 from Wal-Mart (still $199). Here are some thoughts on the phone:

-Very light weight, has the scratch-resistant Gorilla glass and feels faster than my wife's Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't play any games or anything, but for checking e-mails, Skype, line, facebook, texts and calling, this phone has worked great for me. The screen is very responsive.

-Even without a case, the back of the phone has a rubberized texture that makes it easy to hold.

-The only negative I can say about the phone is that I find myself always charging the phone, it uses a lot of the battery (even with the screen brightness turned down, wifi off, location features off). Not sure if poor battery life is the same with all smart phones. Also, if it's T-Mobile branded, there is a lot of bloatware on the phone.

-You can buy an unlock for $1.99 from swiftunlocks

-For a case, I bought this one from Amazon for less than $5 bucks shipped: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ASSORCQ, it isn't as well padded as the eforcity hybrid armor case on the Galaxy S2, but it gets the job done and the kick stand feature is a nice touch.

shihkang said:   I bought this phone for $199 from Wal-Mart (still $199). Here are some thoughts on the phone:

-Very light weight, has the scratch-resistant Gorilla glass and feels faster than my wife's Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't play any games or anything, but for checking e-mails, Skype, line, facebook, texts and calling, this phone has worked great for me. The screen is very responsive.

-Even without a case, the back of the phone has a rubberized texture that makes it easy to hold.

-The only negative I can say about the phone is that I find myself always charging the phone, it uses a lot of the battery (even with the screen brightness turned down, wifi off, location features off). Not sure if poor battery life is the same with all smart phones. Also, if it's T-Mobile branded, there is a lot of bloatware on the phone.

-For a case, I bought this one from Amazon for less than $5 bucks shipped: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ASSORCQ, it isn't as well padded as the eforcity hybrid armor case on the Galaxy S2, but it gets the job done and the kick stand feature is a nice touch.

thx for the review... i'm eyeing this (and will use wifi until tmob has free sim card deal again)

does the dual-core perform well (compared to new phones' quad-core)?

and does the memory (only about 2gb left after the bloatwares?) enough for installing apps?

i'm thinking of using this with tmob's $30/mo 100 talk 5gb data + voip (perhaps using gv+sipdroid)... i'm just afraid this phone is not powerful enough for it....

FYI, I get good battery life, and this phone is now running JB 4.1.2. If you update, do a full restore before you start customizing.

I use grooveip and obhi apps on this wo any issues. Great phone for the price...

Also dont forget discover card 5% Cash Back on QVC...

Sania said:   I use grooveip and obhi apps on this wo any issues. Great phone for the price...

do you use it over wifi or over cellular 3g/4g?

tafandi said:   shihkang said:   I bought this phone for $199 from Wal-Mart (still $199). Here are some thoughts on the phone:

thx for the review... i'm eyeing this (and will use wifi until tmob has free sim card deal again)

does the dual-core perform well (compared to new phones' quad-core)?

and does the memory (only about 2gb left after the bloatwares?) enough for installing apps?

i'm thinking of using this with tmob's $30/mo 100 talk 5gb data + voip (perhaps using gv+sipdroid)... i'm just afraid this phone is not powerful enough for it....

I can't comment on the dual-core performance, I don't play any games so there may be a difference. I haven't had any issues with lag when using the phone normally. The only apps I have installed are the Target app, unfortunately can't tell you if 2GB is enough. Sorry for not being too helpful!

I bought one last week from Target when they have it on promotion. One of the issue I have is its GPS doesn't work too well with the shopkick app. Often times, it doesn't know I am in front or just inside many stores. GPS has no problem when I am using it to navigate.

I bought my kids two of these. The only problem is that the software does not allow to install apps on the microSD card. You can use it only for media: movies, music, pictures, etc. So you are limited to small apps only, as some games already are over 500MB, and you need at least 150MB available for the phone to work properly.

The games they do have (Temple Run 2, Angry birds and so on) work nicely.

Maybe pantech p9070 burst is a better deal?

Duplicate... sorry.

Wifi...

tafandi said:   Sania said:   I use grooveip and obhi apps on this wo any issues. Great phone for the price...

do you use it over wifi or over cellular 3g/4g?

This phone is selling for $149 at Fry's if there is one located near you.

Thanks OP!

In case you prefer to buy from Amazon over QVC, the phone is also the same price, actually 1 penny more, at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Optimus-L9-Android-T-Mobile/dp/B00BMN46...

Also, I am glad to read that the phone has 1GB of RAM. In my experiences, Android runs well on 1GB of RAM, but it does not run too well on devices with 512MB or less RAM.

The best current deal on this phone is from T-Mobile, posted here on FW. It is $190 after applying the discount code, but you get the $50 refill card included (meaning you are actually paying $140 for the phone). You can find the deal here.

The phone should come with a SIM card in the box.

mogelijk said:   The best current deal on this phone is from T-Mobile, posted here on FW. It is $190 after applying the discount code, but you get the $50 refill card included (meaning you are actually paying $140 for the phone). You can find the deal here.Only if you end up using the card. Apparently you need a new activation to use it.

TellyTubby said:   mogelijk said:   The best current deal on this phone is from T-Mobile, posted here on FW. It is $190 after applying the discount code, but you get the $50 refill card included (meaning you are actually paying $140 for the phone). You can find the deal here.Only if you end up using the card. Apparently you need a new activation to use it.

The phone is intended for prepaid (it is on the prepaid portion of the website), as well as the HSN phone, though either can be used on T-Mobile post-paid. So a new activation is not required to use the card, but it is intended to be used for a prepaid account. If you are wanting the L9 for a postpaid account, you should be able to sell the card to a prepaid user.

mogelijk said:   TellyTubby said:   mogelijk said:   The best current deal on this phone is from T-Mobile, posted here on FW. It is $190 after applying the discount code, but you get the $50 refill card included (meaning you are actually paying $140 for the phone). You can find the deal here.Only if you end up using the card. Apparently you need a new activation to use it.

The phone is intended for prepaid (it is on the prepaid portion of the website), as well as the HSN phone, though either can be used on T-Mobile post-paid. So a new activation is not required to use the card, but it is intended to be used for a prepaid account. If you are wanting the L9 for a postpaid account, you should be able to sell the card to a prepaid user.

yeah I already knew that much, but some people report that the card is only made available when they activate the phone. No activation, no card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014