• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ripped from SD

They don't seem to have sales all too often, so if you're considering a password manager -- now is a great time!

I've been waiting to pick up 1Password for iOS for some time and was pleasantly surprised to see this show up this morning!

Link

Member Summary

1password
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been a happy'ish 1Password user for a while. I use it, and like it, but there are a few things to be aware of.

• Chrome support has evolved over the past few years, and can sometimes still be a bit rocky. It's improved considerably, but the installation and upgrade process .
  • They released an iPhone/iPad app for I think $16, then a couple years later, stopped development on it, and released another $16 iPhone app, with no significant features, and stopped development on the old one. That left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
  • It's expensive. If you're going to fully integrate it on all the devices you use, you're going to need to buy the Mac version, the IOS version and the Windows version. Even with the bundle discount, that's $86 at normal prices, and $42.99 during the 50% off sale.

If I were starting over again, I'd at least shop around a bit before investing in 1Password.

I am not familiar with this app but use keypass which is free, multiplatform and open source. It's database can be synced between computers and devices with skydrive or dropbox or any other file sync service.

So my question is, for those who use 1password does it offer any features over keypass one might want to be aware of?

I've used the 1Pass + dropbox combo for awhile now and it's been awesome. Never used the iOS apps, but the desktop clients (and browser integration) are great.

I can't speak to how it compares to Keypass or Lastpass, but I imagine the differences between them are more aesthetics than functionality.

You can save an additional 20% with coupon code MacPowerUsers

I use KeePassX + Google Drive for a good free solution across multiple macs. It's not as slick as some of the paid solutions though and requires jumping through hoops and installing multiple programs if you want browser integration (which I haven't done).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014