• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/WEN-3500-watt-Gas-Generator...

Needed to replace my 15yr old Devilbiss 5000w generator, spent the last week researching them and settled on this one. Overstock is selling it at $324.81, the same price as Amazon, but enter promotional code 221043 at checkout to drop it to $299.81 with free 5 day shipping. The WEN generator appears to be comparable in output to the current market of Chinese generators claiming to have 4000w surge capacity. Reviews on the whole seem more favorable to those in that size and price range. What sold me was its 240 volt capability, and that support for many other brands is sketchy if not non-existent. I would have repaired my old noisy Devilbiss if it hadn't been for the fact that the current company hadn't abandoned generators as a whole. I had to get the generator head replaced about 5 years after purchasing it because of problems they admitted having, at their expense, but they never issued a recall. Most retailers are showing the 6.5hp version in images and specs, but I verified with Overstock that they are selling the 7hp version.
Amazon would not match that price. Lowes will meet Overstock's discounted price, but state sales tax will be applied. Justified that by using Discover's 5% Cash Back on home improvement purchases.

Member Summary

generator (46.91kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

This could run my wife's hairdryer.

HoraceX said:   This could run my wife's hairdryer.

And yours too as well, simultaneously and at full throttle.

Those minimalists among us who aren't complete Luddites will find a generator this size adequate backup in emergencies.

Good deal thought it pops up for $302 at Amazon quite frequently, free shipping, no tax for most.
The reviews for the WEN 56352 though look very good.

tomorrows menards ad is going to have a 2300 watt for $177 after rebate...doesn't say the mfg..

Wen is a great company in Chicago. I bought a used once 7500 watt for $100. I called WEN they told me the regulator was bad because the guy shut it off or let it run out of gas under load. You must turn off or unplug the load before shutting off the generator. The reg was $29 & easy to change & I got a $600+ unit for $129. Thanks OP I just ordered 1 & they have 5 leftm

got one, no shipping damage. thanks OP.

back in stock at Overstock.com
used a 10% off coupon, free shipping. for about $299

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014